Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Individual-1, someone who gives information to a prosecutor is a "coward" and someone who withholds that information is "strong."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      According to Individual-1, someone who gives information to a prosecutor is a "coward" and someone who withholds that information is "strong."
      Mob boss or US President? Hard to tell some days.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        We certainly can no longer take the moral high ground against any world leaders, ours is as scummy as the ones we used to call out.

Comment

Somewhere in this thread I had posted that same analogy. I'll try to find it.

In addition, he keeps railing on the fact that it "isn't fair" that someone can give information to a prosecutor in return for a lighter sentence. Now I'm no lawyer, but isn't flipping a co-conspirator one of the bases of law enforcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            We certainly can no longer take the moral high ground against any world leaders, ours is as scummy as the ones we used to call out.
            I would not say any but in general. I agree. It has never been a good approach and is worse when it is justifiable. No one is a villain in their own mind.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              In addition, he keeps railing on the fact that it "isn't fair" that someone can give information to a prosecutor in return for a lighter sentence. Now I'm no lawyer, but isn't flipping a co-conspirator one of the bases of law enforcement?
              Absolutely. If you can't entice co-conspirators or folks lower on the totem pole in a criminal enterprise to cooperate and "turn state's evidence", then you essentially reward the biggest criminal fish who plan and direct from above but don't get their hands dirty.

Comment

• Again, trump is playing the b role mobster, how you are strong if you dont talk to prosecutors. How Cohen should get more time for snitching. This is exactly the opposite position a President should hold. If one is not lying or breaking laws, your position is you, and everyone should freely tell all. You would have had in person interview with Mueller 18 months ago, you would not be railing against those who talk. Just like the Kavanaugh situation, we know Ford was truthful. Why? Because liars do not plead for interview from FBI. Simple truths.

Comment

• “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” Trump asked at a campaign rally in Iowa in 2016 while railing against Clinton aides who had used the constitutional protection to get out of congressional testimony.

Trump at the time stressed that only “the mob takes the Fifth.”

Today, Trump associate Roger Stone pleaded the Fifth and said he wouldn’t meet with the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Comment

• 2016: "I heard that they were trying, or people were trying, to hack into the RNC too — the Republican National Committee — but we had much better defenses,” Trump said. “I’ve been told that by a number of people; we had much better defenses, so they couldn’t. I think the DNC should be ashamed of themselves for allowing themselves to be hacked,” he added. “They had bad defenses and they were able to be hacked.”

Today, the RNC announced that yup, they too were hacked during the 2018 election.

Comment

Absolutely. If you can't entice co-conspirators or folks lower on the totem pole in a criminal enterprise to cooperate and "turn state's evidence", then you essentially reward the biggest criminal fish who plan and direct from above but don't get their hands dirty.
                      Are you saying people shouldn't be rewarded for being good at their jobs?
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        It depends. Is their job criminal in nature?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Of course he is, damn liberals.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                            You're howling at the moon...
                            that's a great phrase+++. every time i hear Ozzy Bark at the Moon, i always have a revelation about something. Jake E. Lee really nailed it on guitar. ..like i'll be thinking about something then it will fit somehow.

and then there was that time me and friends were living together had a party and everyone took mushrooms. and then i caught the dog out back barking at the aqueduct. it was night time. probably like shadows. it was a pretty deep bark for her. and i suspected someone gave the dog mushrooms.

all life is, is two songs. bark at the moon and smoke on the water. everything in life can be explained or is better when those two songs are playing.

Comment

• “His chief promises were that he would build the wall, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal Obamacare, and he hasn’t done any of those things...Trump doesn’t understand the system, and his own agencies don’t support him."

“He knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, hasn’t surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do, so it’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things."

Who said the above in a recent interview? Tucker Carlson.

It seems the tide is turning on Trump. Is this because some want to distance themselves and the GOP from him, for fear of the reckoning that the Mueller investigation may bring?

Comment

• The president has also devoted much of his energy to following Paul Manafort’s case rather than prepping for the full report. “The thing that upsets potus the most is the treatment of Manafort,” Giuliani said. When Trump learned that the former campaign chairman was in solitary confinement, Giuliani said, “he said to me, ‘Don’t they realize we’re America?’”
                                With everything the country has gone through under him in the last two years, the thing that really makes him wonder if this is still the country he grew up in is a rich white guy actually going to jail for things he did.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X