This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    Thanks I guess I just a liar. Have a nice day!
    So instead of admitting that you were wrong, you make a snide comment???
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      So instead of admitting that you were wrong, you make a snide comment???
      You know me too well. Thanks for adding your deep and insightful thoughts as always.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        I understand why you're taking it that way, but I read Oak as suggesting that you're misremembering the chain of events.
        It’s funny, I think I just wrote about this very thing in another thread. I’m remembering just fine thanks. What I’m saying is yesterday in the House the GOO couldn’t find enough support for their own proposal knowing no Democrat would sing on. Great, so Schumer offered to eat shot and then Trump changed his mind. Wonderful, so again, where are we on this topic at this point?
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

You know me too well. Thanks for adding your deep and insightful thoughts as always.
          Why should I? It doesn't make a difference to you .
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Why should I? It doesn't make a difference to you .
            It’s a dry well!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

It’s funny, I think I just wrote about this very thing in another thread. I’m remembering just fine thanks. What I’m saying is yesterday in the House the GOO couldn’t find enough support for their own proposal knowing no Democrat would sing on. Great, so Schumer offered to eat shot and then Trump changed his mind. Wonderful, so again, where are we on this topic at this point?
              I'll sing on to support the GOO and everyone else can eat shot! Who's ready to sing with me?

Seriously, though, what happened to the immigration/DACA agreement that Schumer and the Dems had largely agreed to with the President? Can it be rescued? I'm open to and hoping for a compromise.

Comment

I'll sing on to support the GOO and everyone else can eat shot! Whose ready to sing with me?
                #begreat

"The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Thanks I guess I just a liar. Have a nice day!
                  I just wanted to point out that what you first said was correct: "I could give a shot about the ducking wall, but if that’s what Trump wants to fix the rest of our collective immigration concerns, like DACA and chain migration, asylum, and blah, blah, blah, give him his ducking wall"

Trump wanted to fix stuff beyond DACA and the dems wouldnt go for it.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

There are plenty of bi-partisan immigration bills that could be voted on by the House and Senate, which are mainly focused on DACA and funding for the wall. But they are not even being allowed to come up for debate or a vote, because the President is threatening to veto them, and the GOP leadership will not bring up a bill that the President won't support.

You keep trying to blame both sides for the lack of a solution, but I think it is clear that the fault lies with the President, the GOP leadership, and the House Freedom Caucus. Here is a detailed story by Politico on this week's failure:

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                      There are plenty of bi-partisan immigration bills that could be voted on by the House and Senate, which are mainly focused on DACA and funding for the wall. But they are not even being allowed to come up for debate or a vote, because the President is threatening to veto them, and the GOP leadership will not bring up a bill that the President won't support.

You keep trying to blame both sides for the lack of a solution, but I think it is clear that the fault lies with the President, the GOP leadership, and the House Freedom Caucus. Here is a detailed story by Politico on this week's failure:
                      https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...eltdown-680106
                      And sorry for venting at you. I took your first response personally and saw you calling me a liar. My error.

I wish others in here could become a little more self aware.

Ok so then get the fricking bills approved and force the Dipshit in the WH to veto it. Force his hand. That will cause some to stop supporting him. Voters and Congress critters. Someone has to have the bi-partisan balls to risk Trump revenge. A guy like Shumer isn’t worried about Trump screwing with his re-election.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'll sing on to support the GOO and everyone else can eat shot! Who's ready to sing with me?

Seriously, though, what happened to the immigration/DACA agreement that Schumer and the Dems had largely agreed to with the President? Can it be rescued? I'm open to and hoping for a compromise.
                        I hate you (not really, you just did the impossible. I smiled again today! That’s twice now. My name must be butter because I’m on a roll!)

Ronald Reagan

Comment

And sorry for venting at you. I took your first response personally and saw you calling me a liar. My error.
                          No problem - thanks. As for getting the bills through Congress, Ryan and McConnell are in a really tough spot. Ryan especially knows that the bi-partisan bill is strongly opposed by the Freedom Caucus, which may very well blow up all subsequent legislation in the House. And, he's thinking, why even bother when Trump will veto it anyway? It really all starts with the President - if he would announce support for a simple DACA/wall funding bill, then it could all happen very quickly.

Comment

• I think i'm getting irritated by the increased civility lately in the political threads here. so i'm going to post this trying to piss off conservatives.

Karen Pence is what happens when a woman has no gay friends to tell her to NOT wear that dress under any circumstances
                            I admit i have the worst taste in the world in almost everything. i apologize if Mrs Pence has a bad back and that's the reason for this Serena Williams sports bra dress meets late 70's disco. also, i think i just had a revelation about women's shoes. there's also something seemingly secretive about a woman's choice in shoes. you'd never know it but the reason shoes are such a main attraction is because they directly express a women's apparel intentions. for example, i am trying to be dressed up, semi-dressed up.. like when we wear 'slacks' but chose clean sneakers with no socks. you're making a fashion statement. so the choice of shoes here shows an attempt at looking formal.

it also reminds of the the Seinfeld episode 'The Seven' where Jerry is puzzled because he can't figure out why his girlfriend (whom he met at the antique shop) seems to be wearing the same dress..and he sees a 1992 photo of her wearing the same outfit.

here's some more tips, notice in the picture how Pence and King Abdullah II (i like King Abdullah, he's pretty cool) are both slightly leaning towards each other. this is because they are conducting state business not double dating. i learned photo leaning etiquette the hard way over the years, but your body language or which way you lean in a picture is super-important. you don't want to look naive or gushy and lean too much either. and i'd say both women have the photo-lean just right.

so unlike other republican politicians that complain about homosexuality a lot, but have a staff with many gays, or are secretly gay themselves, Mike Pence appears to be the real deal since his wife seems to be a repeat fashion police offender.

..that twitter statement i wonder, do gay guys have better taste in clothes than women? i think they do.

Comment

• on the photo-lean etiquette thing, here is an example where it's ok to extreme-lean away from your mate. i call this the sway-lean. in a way, this is almost better because you're doing both at the same time. your head is showing defiance, but your body is showing acceptance or engagement. i think swayers are sexy.

Gisele and Brady. Gisele is a major repeat photo-lean offender. like she's saying, i'm married to Tom Brady, but i still make more money than him.

edit: picture's big
                              Last edited by ; 06-29-2018, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• you'd be wrong if you think trumpkins want's to 'fix' immigration. it's a divisive issue and when your party plays that card, it behooves you to keep the status quo. ..of course what they are afraid of is more immigrants eventually resulting in more democratic votes. or the decline in white's resulting in less republican votes or so they think. ..outside of that, everyone wants more immigrants in america. there's no way we can keep up these birth rates. among a lot of things, baby boomers and people that are critical of immigration will be begging for more immigrants when they realize they need more financial resources to pay for their social security and medicare.

but i don't feel like the conservative responses in these threads are probably any different than you would find on facebook or redstate etc.. you guys drink the fox news cool aide. after 15 years it's depressing that nothings changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X