This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    BB, I completely understand your stance on Trump. He's certainly not nearly as bad as the loony left would like us to believe and he's not nearly as good as the crowds at his rallies think he is. I like him more than you but I'd prefer most generic republicans over him. Unfortunately a generic republican couldnt get elected so I guess I'm stuck with Trump.
    I understand the point you and B.B. are trying to make. I don’t like Trump and I have said why on here many times. I also find some of the left’s criticisms to be overly emotional and sometimes hypocritical of positions they had during the Obama Administration. IMO, pointing those out doesn’t make me a Trump supporter but to others in here, it does.
    I will also say that both sides have opened themselves up for an epic round of ‘what aboutism’ when the next person takes over

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      What a fucking buffoon. Hope all you right wingers are enjoying your Remembrance Day "celebrations"... fucking insane that right wingers excuse this lack of understanding what solemnity even is or what it's to be used for. Just brash public idiocy.

"I am in Paris getting ready to celebrate the end of World War One. Is there anything better to celebrate than the end of a war, in particular that one, which was one of the bloodiest and worst of all time?"
      He also chose not to attend the services because it was raining, although the other leaders were willing to brave the weather..

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        23 dead and counting, but it’s all about the dollars with Dopey Donnie. Yeah, let’s rip California rangers right in the middle of a crisis! He’s getting ripped by firefighters, politicans and the public alike. F....ing moron. Keep defending!

I'm not sure how you're coming up with Trump ripping rangers when they don't control forest management policy and practice. Is there a follow-up tweet that I'm missing?

As for forest mismanagement, the point's a valid one if a management goal is to reduce fire risk severity, which is not policy today, either federally or in most states. The reduction in small log/brush removal and harvesting that began back in the early to mid '90s results in a LOT more fuel available at low levels, which both increases intensity and longevity. OTOH, it is a more natural forest condition to not harvest small logs or remove brush, so there's that argument.

IMO, given that California's allowed population centers to grow into the forested areas, I'd posit that it would be logical to reduce fuel content in the forests, but I'm also aware in a hyper-liberal state, it's a likely political loser.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'm not sure how you're coming up with Trump ripping rangers when they don't control forest management policy and practice. Is there a follow-up tweet that I'm missing?

As for forest mismanagement, the point's a valid one if a management goal is to reduce fire risk severity, which is not policy today, either federally or in most states. The reduction in small log/brush removal and harvesting that began back in the early to mid '90s results in a LOT more fuel available at low levels, which both increases intensity and longevity. OTOH, it is a more natural forest condition to not harvest small logs or remove brush, so there's that argument.

IMO, given that California's allowed population centers to grow into the forested areas, I'd posit that it would be logical to reduce fuel content in the forests, but I'm also aware in a hyper-liberal state, it's a likely political loser.
          Eh, it was late, Rangers, forest management, same difference.

The point with this tweet, like so many others before, is that he doesn't LEAD all Americans. He only leads the ones who voted for him. Anyone else is a second class citizen in his world. When people say "not my president," it really truly is correct -- he's President of the Red States of America only, and that's his own doing.

California is a blue state, so forget about them. For him it's let's make a political point rather than think, if even for a second, that's it's Americans fighting it and dying. He did the same exact thing with the hurricanes in Puerto Rico and Florida. He pulled the same crap the last time California had bad wildfires. Enough is enough already with this clown. Time for Congress to neuter him.

Comment

• Chancellor, answer this question for me.

What's your favourite time of year to celebrate? Sept. 11th or Remembrance Day? I mean, they're both such celebratory events, which one do you really go all out for?!

Your leader is an idiot.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Eh, it was late, Rangers, forest management, same difference.

The point with this tweet, like so many others before, is that he doesn't LEAD all Americans. He only leads the ones who voted for him. Anyone else is a second class citizen in his world. When people say "not my president," it really truly is correct -- he's President of the Red States of America only, and that's his own doing.

California is a blue state, so forget about them. For him it's let's make a political point rather than think, if even for a second, that's it's Americans fighting it and dying. He did the same exact thing with the hurricanes in Puerto Rico and Florida. He pulled the same crap the last time California had bad wildfires. Enough is enough already with this clown. Time for Congress to neuter him.
              did you bother to read his other tweets about the fires?
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

did you bother to read his other tweets about the fires?
                LOL, you mean the ones AFTER he was informed how badly the first one went over?

Comment

LOL, you mean the ones AFTER he was informed how badly the first one went over?
                  so if tweets are not in your preferred order, that means Trump is only leading the "ones who voted for him?"
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

so if tweets are not in your preferred order, that means Trump is only leading the "ones who voted for him?"
                    The fact that you will defend Trump's tweeting says it all and shows how extreme your views are. Not even his supporters other than the loonies defend his tweets. Or are you just trolling?
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      The fact that you will defend Trump's tweeting says it all and shows how extreme your views are. Not even his supporters other than the loonies defend his tweets. Or are you just trolling?
                      show me where I defended Trump's tweets.

Comment

show me where I defended Trump's tweets.
                        Revo posted criticizing his tweeting, and then you criticize Revo (as you've done repeatedly). Is that not defending him? You and Bernie are baffling. You both claim you don't support Trump but are always so quick to chime in to defend him any time he is criticized. Why does it bother you both so much when Trump gets criticized?
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Revo posted criticizing his tweeting, and then you criticize Revo (as you've done repeatedly). Is that not defending him?
                          First of all, you equate Revo's constant trashing of Trump to me asking revo a couple questions? You call both of them criticizing but I dont see any similarity. Secondly, I dont think asking revo two questions = defending Trump's tweeting but nice try I guess.

Comment

First of all, you equate Revo's constant trashing of Trump to me asking revo a couple questions? You call both of them criticizing but I dont see any similarity. Secondly, I dont think asking revo two questions = defending Trump's tweeting but nice try I guess.
                            Tell me why you don't believe his first tweet deserves bashing.

Comment

Tell me why you don't believe his first tweet deserves bashing.
                              I dont know anything about forestry to tell you. Other than being tone deaf what was terribly wrong with it?

Comment

I dont know anything about forestry to tell you. Other than being tone deaf what was terribly wrong with it?
                                Right, it's completely tone deaf. And as I said, and everyone here knows, this is far from the first time he's done this. When someone in this country does something tone deaf and self-broadcasts it out to the public, they usually get bashed for it. And by right they should. Trump seems to have a permanent pass from the right for his constant tone-deafness.

Comment

Working...
                                X