This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    And now Trump is going after the Press he doesn't like. He suspended Jim Acosta, here is a link to an article...

The White House is suspending CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta's "hard pass" for what press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders deemed "absolutely unacceptable" conduct in a statement Wednesday night.

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration," Sanders said in the statement. "We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern."

We have the video...

They are making shit up now that we have video of. We are going down a dangerous road very fast today.
    Just from this video, I would say it was a block and not a push.

I don't think the intern was wrong in attempting to take the mic. All in all no big deal, both of them just doing their jobs.

I would like to think that I would have stood between Acosta and the President and yelled sir you have to give that mic. you sir are done while holding out my hand.

I am replying to the situation not the politics of either side.

Comment

• Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• this is Banana Republic level of bullshit.....oh, and in no way does CNN = Fox News
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I would cut him off for two years but I doubt he gets a very long suspension. Trump is way too nice.
          Not that nice. Trump does a lot of big-talk-and-shake-hands-later, but there are exceptions.

Acosta has made it a mission to get where he is. If Trump has until 2024, it will be 2025 at the earliest that Acosta gets a WH badge.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• this quote from Jean-Paul Sartre seems appropriate for our times. You can replace Anti-Semite with Breitbart or such.

Never believe that anti‐Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti‐Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past. It is not that they are afraid of being convinced. They fear only to appear ridiculous or to prejudice by their embarrassment their hope of winning over some third person to their side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
              this quote from Jean-Paul Sartre seems appropriate for our times. You can replace Anti-Semite with Breitbart or such.

Never believe that anti‐Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti‐Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past. It is not that they are afraid of being convinced. They fear only to appear ridiculous or to prejudice by their embarrassment their hope of winning over some third person to their side.
              Excellent and apropos. Haven't seen this one before, so thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                we can create a classic Einstein-Rosen bridge and link 2 black holes, one in this universe and another in an alternate and swap earths and no-one will know. finally i can wear an eye-patch.
                You rock, dude!
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  this is Banana Republic level of bullshit.....oh, and in no way does CNN = Fox News
                  No kidding. CNN can't even compete with it's liberal cable brethren. MSNBC is kicking them out the front door in primetime right now; to the tune of 60% lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    cbb are you going to admit that it was doctored or continue to play dumb?
                    Even BuzzFeed has fact checked this and concluded it wasn't doctored. It was modified to a .gif file prior to downloading, so there are fewer frames. I would guess that speeds everyone up.

Of course, CNN didn't bother to check that. It's a further indication of the quality of reporting at CNN when BuzzFeed figures something this obvious out faster than a supposedly significant cable news channel does.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Even BuzzFeed has fact checked this and concluded it wasn't doctored. It was modified to a .gif file prior to downloading, so there are fewer frames. I would guess that speeds everyone up.

Of course, CNN didn't bother to check that. It's a further indication of the quality of reporting at CNN when BuzzFeed figures something this obvious out faster than a supposedly significant cable news channel does.
                      That isn't what Buzzfeed said. It is impossible to prove why the frames are missing from the edited clip. The edited clip is different than the original video and is also missing the audio context of Acosta talking with the intern.

An editor from the conspiracy site Infowars has provided us with a dizzying example of video manipulation that's created a "choose your own reality" crisis.

Comment

No kidding. CNN can't even compete with it's liberal cable brethren. MSNBC is kicking them out the front door in primetime right now; to the tune of 60% lower.
                        Who'da thunk it? I remember when CNN would have fired a reporter for acting as Acosta did, even before intern reached for the microphone. There was a time they believed getting the facts right was more important than getting the narrative right. Not since 2000.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
                          That isn't what Buzzfeed said. It is impossible to prove why the frames are missing from the edited clip. The edited clip is different than the original video and is also missing the audio context of Acosta talking with the intern.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-sarah-sanders
                          There's no evidence that the video was deliberately sped up — but the change in format, from a high-quality video to a low-quality GIF, turns the question of whether it was "doctored" into a semantic debate

Direct quote from Buzzfeed.

Comment

Direct quote from Buzzfeed.
                            That is exactly what I said. Buzzfeed did not declare that the video was not doctored. They said it was modified, but you can't tell if it was done deliberately.
                            Last edited by Lurker765; 11-08-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• the author of the new video lacks credibility overall, so one can speculate that there were ulterior motives. but we don't know for sure.

the Buzzfeed story is surprisingly good; seems like it's actually trying to understand what happened. I realize the number of people who seek such information is dwindling rapidly in a post-apocalyptic era, but I appreciated the effort.

obviously the White House should have been more careful about where get their..... oh, that ship has sailed a long time ago.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I watched it lived as it happened and my take was it was a shit show . To me again it goes back to you reap what you sow. Trump from the get go - rally’s , presser’s ... it has been highly confrontational. From lock her up. Get him out of here and punch him I pay the fine. So what do you expect at a presser? CNN wasn’t the only News person to get into with Trump . Yahoo reporter and others. Bad form? I would say yes if it was Bush / Obama - for Trump it is the WWE show HE brings to the table. I think he does it for distraction. Don’t look at the Ass kicking I just got in the house let’s spend time discussing the News conference / or me firing Session. He does it every time and the Media falls for it.

By the way who stole the terrible caravan . Fox News or trump hasn’t mentioned it since Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X