Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of things... Trump is sending 5000 troops to the border this week I believe. The caravan isn't going to arrive fpr 2 more months at the pace that they're traveling. More craven politics at the expense of the people.

Number 2: Looks like GOP leadership is breaking with Trump over the Pittsburgh shooting. They can see the writing on the wall with nobody wanting to meet with Trump or host him, so McConnell and Ryan declined to go with him.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Caravan is a misleading term. It isn't one mass of people. It's strung along a hundred miles of road, or several roads. The crowd pictures are just that, clumps of people.

For the legal minds, is the Mexican offer of work permits a bar to asylum status? Would they be better claiming refugee status?

The earliest elements are already arriving. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ants-us-border

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• I can't believe he is coming here when almost no one wants him here. He is so wrapped up in his own narcissism that he doesn't realize the strain of Presidential visit puts on a city and when you add to it that he is not exactly beloved here and has zero chance of healing anything it would have been best that he stay away. Hell even the leaders of his own party reocgnize this is a bad idea Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel all turned down invites on top of the Democratic leaders. He won't even be joined by our mayor because we are burrying our dead President Dumbass. Funeral services begin today and he is coming. Always about him, never about anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Caravan is a misleading term. It isn't one mass of people. It's strung along a hundred miles of road, or several roads. The crowd pictures are just that, clumps of people.

For the legal minds, is the Mexican offer of work permits a bar to asylum status? Would they be better claiming refugee status?

The earliest elements are already arriving. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ants-us-border

J
          That article is from April and involves an earlier caravan.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Lol poor 1J.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Color me shocked...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I suppose some here will say turn about is fair play, and "I told you so" to this story, but I think there is a substantial difference between supporting, even for political gain, credible accusations from un-coerced sources and outright attempting to fabricating them. I hope whoever is behind this is caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Such fabrications cannot be allowed, as they not only harm the falsely accused, they harm the entire movement of legitimate accusers. It would not surprise me if whoever did this has ties to the Trump WH. Whoever did it is despicable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mu...him/ar-BBP7E25

Comment

• Making tragedies about Me really should be his slogan at this point

“Melania and I were treated very nicely yesterday in Pittsburgh. The Office of the President was shown great respect on a very sad & solemn day. We were treated so warmly. Small protest was not seen by us, staged far away. The Fake News stories were just the opposite-Disgraceful!“

Just STFU people died here and your take away from your visit is about how you were treated.

Comment

You mean this isn't the first caravan?

Originally posted by frae View Post
                    Making tragedies about Me really should be his slogan at this point

“Melania and I were treated very nicely yesterday in Pittsburgh. The Office of the President was shown great respect on a very sad & solemn day. We were treated so warmly. Small protest was not seen by us, staged far away. The Fake News stories were just the opposite-Disgraceful!“

Just STFU people died here and your take away from your visit is about how you were treated.
                    What do you mean, "at this point"? It has been SOP for 20 years, minimum.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

What do you mean, "at this point"? It has been SOP for 20 years, minimum.

J
                      I was thinking this also. So he's damned if he shows up or not.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

You mean this isn't the first caravan?
                        No, but if the first one is a judge, then the reaction to this one is waaaaaaay overblown. I can only wonder why.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          I was thinking this also. So he's damned if he shows up or not.
                          He was asked by the city leaders not to show up until after the funerals had completed because it was going to strain the cities resources. Waiting until later would have caused an interruption to his campaign tour events before the election.

He showed up, no one bothered him, the protesters were peaceful and his motorcade was directed around them as they weren't near the funeral or the site they were just walking the streets. Then he turned around with his typical me, me, me tweet.

Comment

• And now Trump said he told the military that if immigrants throw rocks, it should be treated as rifle fire. He really seems to want to kill some of these immigrants as a deterrent. I guess he thinks that will be good for him. Really excite the base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              And now Trump said he told the military that if immigrants throw rocks, it should be treated as rifle fire. He really seems to want to kill some of these immigrants as a deterrent. I guess he thinks that will be good for him. Really excite the base.
                              It certainly would and I bet his base would take the lead from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                And now Trump said he told the military that if immigrants throw rocks, it should be treated as rifle fire. He really seems to want to kill some of these immigrants as a deterrent. I guess he thinks that will be good for him. Really excite the base.
                                Many folks on this board (Right Wingers and Left alike) supported the same exact treatment of Palestinians on the Gaza strip... protesters said to be literally throwing sticks and stones have been gunned down by snipers, over and over again, with some of the Palestinians killed over a half a mile away. Since March, Israeli forces have killed 210 Palestinian protesters and injured 18000. Just wanted to point out this hypocrisy before we continue (doing so before Feral Slasher, it's usually his style)

Totally unsurprising statement from Trump. “We’re fighting a very politically correct war,” Trump said. “And the other thing with the terrorists — you have to take out their families. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families! They care about their lives, don’t kid yourselves. They say they don’t care about their lives. But you have to take out their families.” "If they throw rocks, treat it like rifle fire."...

But-but-but.... the left-wing MOBS! Some of our guys can't even eat dinner in peace! Right wingers are fucking delusional.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...092506561.html
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X