This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this directed to me?
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Is this directed to me?
      lol no, I was referring to this: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-...ry?id=56667433

I'll edit my post.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-...ry?id=56667433

Do you support ICE?

133 democrats: "Present"

Too afraid to pick a side. :|
        So what did the vote accomplish?
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          So what did the vote accomplish?
          It proved that 133 democrats in the house are full of shit. But I already knew that. At least the rest of them had the balls to make a decision.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

It proved that 133 democrats in the house are full of shit. But I already knew that. At least the rest of them had the balls to make a decision.
            So it was a waste of time.

Instead of getting shit done TOGETHER, they play "gotcha" games. And you like it. Wow.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• It was a political stunt. 133 Democrats refused to play the game. No big whoop.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                It was a political stunt. 133 Democrats refused to play the game. No big whoop.
                no, 133 democrats were too afraid to pick a side. Its a really easy question to answer! Back our law enforcement agency! Voting present is as dumb as Trump's Russia nonsense a few days ago.

Comment

no, 133 democrats were too afraid to pick a side. Its a really easy question to answer! Back our law enforcement agency! Voting present is as dumb as Trump's Russia nonsense a few days ago.
                  No, it's really, really stupid. The Democrats who have spoken about "abolishing" ICE haven't been talking about just eliminating it or defunding it and having none of the scope of responsibility currently assigned to ICE performed. They've been talking about allocating those responsibilities elsewhere. So this stunt bill with nothing binding that asks for a yes/no vote on ICE is a stupid political stunt. Serious legislation is not about a non-binding up/down vote of support for an agency. It's just stupid, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    No, it's really, really stupid. The Democrats who have spoken about "abolishing" ICE haven't been talking about just eliminating it or defunding it and having none of the scope of responsibility currently assigned to ICE performed. They've been talking about allocating those responsibilities elsewhere. So this stunt bill with nothing binding that asks for a yes/no vote on ICE is a stupid political stunt. Serious legislation is not about a non-binding up/down vote of support for an agency. It's just stupid, period.
                    I think its really, really stupid to refuse to take a position. Either you back our law enforcement agency, or you dont. I believe the smart move politically would be to vote yes.

Comment

I think its really, really stupid to refuse to take a position. Either you back our law enforcement agency, or you dont. I believe the smart move politically would be to vote yes.
                      But WHY did it need to be done at all? A political stunt that people like you back, thus ensuring they just play games instead of working together.

Comment

I disagree and believe the smart move was to say, sorry, not playing along with your meaningless stunt.

Comment

you keep saying that but dont the past 10 years of your very firm democrat support mean something? I cannot recall you saying one nice thing about any republican idea/person in the past 10 years. If I voted for Gore and Kerry, does that make me a lefty now?
                          That’s fair (and not that my voting habits mean much). Like DMT correctly pointed out, the GOP has skewed right since the Tea Party/Palin era, and that’s coincided with my veering left of center.

I was always a fiscal moderate yet socially liberal, and the GOP has become far more socially conservative than I can bear. But give me a moderate GOPer like John Kasich and I’d seriously consider him over a Dem. But that’ll never happen.....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            That’s fair (and not that my voting habits mean much). Like DMT correctly pointed out, the GOP has skewed right since the Tea Party/Palin era, and that’s coincided with my veering left of center.
                            And the sharp lurch to the left by the dems pushed me away.

I was always a fiscal moderate yet socially liberal, and the GOP has become far more socially conservative than I can bear. But give me a moderate GOPer like John Kasich and I’d seriously consider him over a Dem. But that’ll never happen.....
                            Have the repubs really become more socially conservative since 2006 (when I assume you started moving left)? I think relative to the dems they have and that gives the appearance of becoming more socially conservative but thats because the dems went further left. Both sides were against gay marriage in the 90s werent they? Didnt Bill Clinton say abortions should be rare? Now we have liberal nutjobs in the media celebrating abortion.

Comment

yes. And I would have voted for Bill Clinton in 96 but I was too young to care, although I did sort of like him.
                              Interesting that you voted Gore, and now you're super happy with Brett Kavanaugh, one of the judges who decided against recounting the vote in Florida. So you support the guy who subverted democracy to steal an election against your presidential pick... interesting.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Interesting that you voted Gore, and now you're super happy with Brett Kavanaugh, one of the judges who decided against recounting the vote in Florida. So you support the guy who subverted democracy to steal an election against your presidential pick... interesting.
                                Actually I think Kavanaugh is about as boring and safe a pick as can be. Not super happy with him, just satisfied I guess. To be fair, they recounted and recounted, and at some point it had to stop. No I wasnt happy then but I've had 18 years to cool off.

Comment

Working...
                                X