Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Kavanaugh is not supposed to be the next Scalia. They are shooting for another Rhenquist.

On another issue, at500 pages, perhaps this thread needs to retire.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• There’s that pesky “aides caught by surprise” nugget again!

Wall St Journal:
          WASHINGTON—The White House revealed Thursday it has invited Vladimir Putin here to another summit in the fall, surprising Republican lawmakers and top administration officials who said they still hadn’t been told what President Donald Trump and the Russian leader agreed to earlier this week in Helsinki.

The lack of clarity about what the leaders discussed—information typically shared rapidly with administration officials and key figures on Capitol Hill—left the White House responding to news emanating from the Russian version of events. It also sowed discord at each end of Pennsylvania Ave.

And there’s even video of the complete dysfunction LIVE on TV, with National Intelligence Director Dan Coats!

And omigod, a SECOND meeting??? IN THE US?? I’m sorry, Supreme Court justices can’t be worth this moron.

#5,000!!!

Comment

• i'm fetching that because of the healthcare law it fashions democrats as moving leftwards a lot? i always thought democrats were centrists compared to the GOP. we didn't like things like welfare reform, 3 strikes and you're out law, workplace laws that are super-business friendly, aggressive foreign policies, big military spending, anti-privacy laws, immigration reform, and local laws that forbid a man from displaying his collection of human heads on a picnic table outside during the summer when it’s hotter than two rabbits screwing in a wool sock.

i think the republican party has veered right, at least since Reagan, and pulled the spectrum in that direction. tougher abortion restrictions, tougher on immigration, just over-all more intolerant. there's no 'big tent' anymore. and they even accuse their own members of being RHINOS or ideologically impure.

..if the gin blossoms lean left and the the crabberries lean right, does that make peaches and herb centrists? i'll admit the red hot chili peppers looks liberal and vanilla ice looks conservative, it just makes you want more smashing pumpkins.
            Last edited by ; 07-19-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• property taxes are so high in NJ you couldn't buy a hummingbird on a string for a nickel

Comment

• i don't think a man can be a fiscal conservative and social liberal. like they says it's all about the economy. i think economic policy shapes social issues more than anything else. for example, i think abortion is more about birth rates than morality a person could call an alligator a lizard.

Comment

• ..i just realized there's no such thing as a crabberry. ..wtf!

green apples can have worms inside and crabberries can have crabs. one time, my crabberries had crabs.
                  Last edited by ; 07-19-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Oh great, now Dopey Donald is attacking the Fed for doing their job for the long-term instead of helping him on an extreme short-term view. STAY OUT OF THIS, YOU IGNORAMUS!

"The United States should not be penalized because we are doing so well. Tightening now hurts all that we have done. The U.S. should be allowed to recapture what was lost due to illegal currency manipulation and BAD Trade Deals. Debt coming due & we are raising rates - Really?" Trump said on social media Friday.

Trump's latest comments come a day after his initial critical remarks about the Federal Reserve were revealed Thursday on CNBC. In a stinging and historically rare rebuke, Trump expressed frustration with the Federal Reserve policy in the exclusive interview.

“I’m not thrilled,” he told CNBC's Joe Kernen in the interview aired in full Friday. “Because we go up and every time you go up they want to raise rates again. I don't really — I am not happy about it. But at the same time I’m letting them do what they feel is best.”

President Donald Trump criticizes the Federal Reserve's monetary policy again on social media Friday, a day after his initial negative remarks were revealed on CNBC.

Comment

• i don't think deadpool humor and southern expressions mix when talking politics. i might have gone a little heavy on the southern expressions last night. i was like a duck to water.

Comment

• Breaking News - Michael Cohen secretly recorded Donald Trump discussing payments to the Playboy Playmate

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Oh great, now Dopey Donald is attacking the Fed for doing their job for the long-term instead of helping him on an extreme short-term view. STAY OUT OF THIS, YOU IGNORAMUS!

"The United States should not be penalized because we are doing so well. Tightening now hurts all that we have done. The U.S. should be allowed to recapture what was lost due to illegal currency manipulation and BAD Trade Deals. Debt coming due & we are raising rates - Really?" Trump said on social media Friday.

Trump's latest comments come a day after his initial critical remarks about the Federal Reserve were revealed Thursday on CNBC. In a stinging and historically rare rebuke, Trump expressed frustration with the Federal Reserve policy in the exclusive interview.

“I’m not thrilled,” he told CNBC's Joe Kernen in the interview aired in full Friday. “Because we go up and every time you go up they want to raise rates again. I don't really — I am not happy about it. But at the same time I’m letting them do what they feel is best.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/20/trum...that-we-h.html
                          He's probably attacking the Fed as a thank you to Rand Paul for being the first GOP Senator to go out on that limb and defend his performance in Helsinki, lol.

Comment

• Helsinki does not require defending. It was a landmark event that will redefine US-Europe relations for the next generation.

Or not.

We will see. I am pretty sure it was not a bad thing and it could be the start of a long-term policy shift.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Helsinki does not require defending. It was a landmark event that will redefine US-Europe relations for the next generation.

Or not.

We will see. I am pretty sure it was not a bad thing and it could be the start of a long-term policy shift.

J
                              They haven’t even mentioned what went on during the meeting in any detail. So how can you say this?

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Helsinki does not require defending. It was a landmark event that will redefine US-Europe relations for the next generation.

Or not.

J
                                Are you that fucking brainwashed?

Comment

Working...
                                X