This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    to put it in perspective, conservative voters are going to see our attacks on Trump in the same way we saw their attacks on Obama. to us it didn't make sense, just like it's not going to make sense now. perhaps a lot of voters see Trump as anti-politically correct. which is an issue or belief... so in some cases it might actually be called a feature instead of a fault.

the human mind will do wonders when it comes to dealing with things that are hard to deal with. maybe it's better for everyone to go high when everyone goes low.

and stock up on dehydrated food!
    The Attacks on OBAMA were in most cases PARTY RELATED and a lot unfortunately race related. The former being lead by Mitch THE DAY AFTER both elections and the second by Trump and his continued birther call.

THE ATTACKS ON TRUMP IS FOR ALL THE REASONS REVO GAVE. AS A HUMAN BEING (especially Christians) NO ONE ( regardless of what party ) SHOULD STILL BE BACKING TRUMP.

Comment

• i tried. i always thought Comey had a point when he said his biggest complaint was that he felt Donald was morally unfit to lead the country. i think the ghost writer for art of the deal said the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        The Attacks on OBAMA were in most cases PARTY RELATED and a lot unfortunately race related. The former being lead by Mitch THE DAY AFTER both elections and the second by Trump and his continued birther call.

THE ATTACKS ON TRUMP IS FOR ALL THE REASONS REVO GAVE. AS A HUMAN BEING (especially Christians) NO ONE ( regardless of what party ) SHOULD STILL BE BACKING TRUMP.
        Just another in the liberal cheerleading gang. UNFAIR!

/sarcasm
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          to put it in perspective, conservative voters are going to see our attacks on Trump in the same way we saw their attacks on Obama. to us it didn't make sense, just like it's not going to make sense now. perhaps a lot of voters see Trump as anti-politically correct. which is an issue or belief... so in some cases it might actually be called a feature instead of a fault.
          Stop nully, at least twice in the last 24 hours you've posted something that is inciteful and exceptional. I’ll admit you’re typical post is usually too deep for my pea-sized brain. Regardless, please stop now, as you’re making way too much sense.

DMT - yup, it’s all so unfair in here (Geez!)!

Revo - I am pretty sure that I don’t “always” do anything. And, I’m sure I don’t always take the other side. In fact, I’ve made it clear that I am not a Trump supporter, but because I won’t call him a racist or some other label the left is using and I won’t get behind hyperbolic nonsense conspiracy bullshit posted by some of our more liberal or thoughtless posters, I’m guess I too am a bad person. Not saying you said that but reread this thread. I’ll call Trump out for his demeanor, his Twitter, his caustic speaking style, and the insensitive things he says. But I will not/can’t stay quiet when I read hyperbolic comments and no one from the left posts anything to indicate that they also find those comments bullshit. I’ll admit I am a bit of a contrarian, so I rarely take the popular route or thought as my own. I choose not to get too outraged by every little Trumpism. Shame on me, but I try to find the good in most everything and everyone.

And, this is likely the end of the line for me. I started posting in these threads to offset or calm the anger, to offer counter-perspectives and generally learn from discussions. I’ve become what I never intended to be.

Good luck everyone. Better days must be ahead.
          Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 07-15-2018, 10:16 AM.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
            Stop nully, at least twice in the last 24 hours you've posted something that is inciteful and exceptional. I’ll admit you’re typical post is usually too deep for my pea-sized brain. Regardless, please stop now, as you’re making way too much sense.

Revo - I am pretty sure that I don’t “always” do anything. And, I’m sure I don’t always take the other side. In fact, I’ve made it clear that I am not a Trump supporter, but because I won’t call him a racist or some other label the left is using and I won’t get behind hyperbolic nonsense conspiracy bullshit posted by some of our more liberal or thoughtless posters, I’m guess I too am a bad person. Not saying you said that but reread this thread. I’ll call Trump out for his demeanor, his Twitter, his caustic speaking style, and the insensitive things he says. But I will not/can’t stay quiet when I read hyperbolic comments and no one from the left posts anything to indicate that they also find those comments bullshit. I’ll admit I am a bit of a contrarian, so I rarely take the popular route or thought as my own. I choose not to get too outraged by every little Trumpism. Shame on me, but I try to find the good in most everything and everyone.

And, this is likely the end of the line for me. I started posting in these threads to offset or calm the anger, to offer counter-perspectives and generally learn from discussions. I’ve become what I never intended to be.

Take care of yourself, you will be missed.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              Take care of yourself, you will be missed.
              I’ll be around, just not going to post much, if at all.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

you should keep posting, but just ignore the asshats. I need someone rational to reply to here.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  you should keep posting, but just ignore the asshats. I need someone rational to reply to here.
                  Actually, the non left voices have made a rebound since I started posting with regularity. Baldy back, so is Chance, ITC, you and others never left. It’s time for me to take a break. But keeping giving the other sides perspective but do it in a thoughtful manner. It’s necessary, if unwanted.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Why not? No one is personally attacking you from what I've seen, other than to challenge you when you defend Trump, even though you've clearly stated you're not a supporter.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Tyler added, “I’m not a big fan of Theresa May and I’m not really all that enthusiastic about her position on Brexit, but it is not the president’s place in public to embarrass an ally.”
                      This is how I feel. UK, Canada, Australia, probably Japan and NZ should be off limits from public criticism from our govt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Why not? No one is personally attacking you from what I've seen, other than to challenge you when you defend Trump, even though you've clearly stated you're not a supporter.
                        As I said, I don’t like who I’ve become when posting. I find this has become bitter and largely unenjoyable. I’m posting more and more in anger. And, it’s not worth it.

As the saying goes, “Its me, not you!” But, it really is you (Just kidding). It’s me.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• I just have one question...why the hell would they do this? It's 1.2 million dollars, they find that kind of loose change in the couch cushions. Just awful to deprive medical people of a valuable recourse like this...

The Trump Administration is planning to eliminate a vast trove of medical guidelines that for nearly 20 years has been a critical resource for doctors, researchers and others in the medical community.

Maintained by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality [AHRQ], part of the Department of Health and Human Services, the database is known as the National Guideline Clearinghouse [NGC], and it’s scheduled to “go dark,” in the words of an official there, on July 16.

Medical guidelines like those compiled by AHRQ aren’t something laypeople spend much time thinking about, but experts like Valerie King, a professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Director of Research at the Center for Evidence-based Policy at Oregon Health & Science University, said the NGC is perhaps the most important repository of evidence-based research available.

“Guideline.gov was our go-to source, and there is nothing else like it in the world,” King said, referring to the URL at which the database is hosted, which the agency says receives about 200,000 visitors per month. “It is a singular resource,” King added.

Medical guidelines are best thought of as cheatsheets for the medical field, compiling the latest research in an easy-to use format. When doctors want to know when they should start insulin treatments, or how best to manage an HIV patient in unstable housing — even something as mundane as when to start an older patient on a vitamin D supplement — they look for the relevant guidelines. The documents are published by a myriad of professional and other organizations, and NGC has long been considered among the most comprehensive and reliable repositories in the world.

AHRQ said it’s looking for a partner that can carry on the work of NGC, but that effort hasn’t panned out yet.

“AHRQ agrees that guidelines play an important role in clinical decision making, but hard decisions had to be made about how to use the resources at our disposal,” said AHRQ spokesperson Alison Hunt in an email. The operating budget for the NGC last year was $1.2 million, Hunt said, and reductions in funding forced the agency’s hand.
                          Experts say the database of carefully curated medical guidelines is one of a kind, used constantly by medical professionals, and on July 16 will ‘go dark’ due to budget cuts.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Clearly they needed the 1.2 mil to add hood ornaments to the F-35s. In a budget, ya gotta make choices!

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Just another in the liberal cheerleading gang. UNFAIR!

/sarcasm
                              Only if you can call someone who voted for Reagan, Bush Sr twice,Bush Jr once a Liberal and voted in the Republican primary in2016.

Comment

Great post

Comment

Working...
                                X