This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    You must bake that cake! But you dont have to serve a meal to someone who works for Trump!! Yaaaaaaassssss!!
    When you say the "left" supports the incident with Sanders, are you referring to the media, or just everyone in general? I'm not seeing any opinion pieces cheering the restaurant (maybe the gay media is, because that's the reason why she was tossed.)

For the record, I think it's an embarrassment. But having said that, when you govern for only half the country, you probably should realize you may not be welcome in the other 50%, even when you're off the clock.

Comment

• senoesheep, this is what set you off "I would guess there are only about 30 active posters in sportsbar that play in the politics areas. From what I see, about 1/2 are liberal, and 1/2 are some group that regardless of what I try to describe will be pissed, but are pro Trump supporters/defenders while claiming to be moderate." which I doesnt deserve that absurd juvenile response. are my numbers off, 30 posters, with 1/2 liberal, and 1/2 some other non easily classified but are shades of Trump defenders, or simply anti liberal bias.

I should walk you thru the names of those who arent liberal, but are the non easily classified shades of else? hey, you want to have a ridiculous meltdown then I guess thats happy for you, and have at it, others like hot yoga or reading Stephen King. I have been disrespected directly a couple times on this board, without ever directing a potty mouth fit at anyone. I have participated on and off for many years on this board, without personally attacking anyone. You cant do that, no biggie.

I for sure think Trump has inside track on winning another term. I am seeing shorthand thinking in twitter character limits transforming thought process of every day interactions.

Comment

• one aspect of the 200 bill increase in military funding that is concerning, is that it is out of pace with rest of universe. what is the point of decimating the safety nets of society, cutting tax base, and proceeding as the opposite of New Colossus plaque, with the poem’s text mounted inside the pedestal of our great statue. Instead there is revving up what is already overly funded/equipped on a next level military, and unless there exists a reason... if all you know is the hammer, then what else can you see but the nail. maybe it is not so nefarious, but merely a profit motive from undeclared sources that drives seemingly incoherent decisions.

Comment

• Hmm, I wonder what Gregg would say about this back and forth. Is this an example of the bully left majority attacking and running off the conservative minority? Seems to be a lot of non-liberals holding their own and dishing it out at the moment.

Trying to stick to the topics, so we can have real, non ad hominem attack dialogues--I'd love for those who have declared support for Trump's economic policies, and defended Trump's policies in general, like Chance and One Jay, to address gcstomp's questions about how conservatives have seemed to reconcile their fiscally conservative roots with the obscene spending increases in the defense budget.

While I'm sure there is some disagreement among liberal-leaning and libertarian-leaning folks on this board about whether we should use that money to fund things like universal education and health care, or try to reduce the tax burden and put a dent in the ever growing deficit (positions I have associated with the Republican party), I think most agree that it is a wholly unnecessary, mammothly wasteful increase to an already bloated budget. Anyone disagree? Why doesn't this get more push back from conservatives?

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            Conservative or liberal, I think any man here would agree that passively suggesting 15 anonymous people in this forum are liars makes you a world class pussy. If you don't have enough sac to call people out by name so they can respond to your garbage accusations, then kindly shut the fuck up, please and thank you.
            What a vile, childish, and stupid response to such a non-inflammatory statement. His point was to not flame, as courteous posters attempt to do (y'know, avoid personal attacks)... your point was to start a flame war by throwing a temper tantrum and trying to sound tough.

"Kindly, SHUT THE FUCK UP!"... Wow, real showcase of class going on here.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              When you say the "left" supports the incident with Sanders, are you referring to the media, or just everyone in general? I'm not seeing any opinion pieces cheering the restaurant (maybe the gay media is, because that's the reason why she was tossed.)

For the record, I think it's an embarrassment. But having said that, when you govern for only half the country, you probably should realize you may not be welcome in the other 50%, even when you're off the clock.
              I'm talking about regular loony lefties on twitter and liberal websites like Vox, dailykos, etc. They are extra foamy today and giddy with happiness over what happened to Sanders. You can scroll through some comments if you like:

Heh. The Red Hen Farm to Table Restaurant, Lexington. Va., exercised some border control last night, deporting Press Sec. Professional Liar Sarah Huckabee Sanders and seven family members from it’s dining room and onto the quaint Lexington, Va....
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Hmm, I wonder what Gregg would say about this back and forth. Is this an example of the bully left majority attacking and running off the conservative minority? Seems to be a lot of non-liberals holding their own and dishing it out at the moment.

Trying to stick to the topics, so we can have real, non ad hominem attack dialogues--I'd love for those who have declared support for Trump's economic policies, and defended Trump's policies in general, like Chance and One Jay, to address gcstomp's questions about how conservatives have seemed to reconcile their fiscally conservative roots with the obscene spending increases in the defense budget.

While I'm sure there is some disagreement among liberal-leaning and libertarian-leaning folks on this board about whether we should use that money to fund things like universal education and health care, or try to reduce the tax burden and put a dent in the ever growing deficit (positions I have associated with the Republican party), I think most agree that it is a wholly unnecessary, mammothly wasteful increase to an already bloated budget. Anyone disagree? Why doesn't this get more push back from conservatives?
                I think nots summed it up pretty well a few weeks back when he basically said our govt is run by idiots on both sides and neither will fix any budget problems so give me my tax cut. Maybe he can say it a little better than that.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  I think nots summed it up pretty well a few weeks back when he basically said our govt is run by idiots on both sides and neither will fix any budget problems so give me my tax cut. Maybe he can say it a little better than that.
                  Well, then, why not demand a much bigger tax cut, or paying down the deficit rather than adding 200 billion needlessly on an already bloated defense budget, filled with pork feeding the military industrial complex? Is it just accepted among conservatives that it is devil's bargain with neo-cons and whatever trump is that to get some tax cut crums, you gotta put up with 100s of billions of needless spending on the MIC? Hell, Dems do this too, but Republicans are worse, and they are supposed to be the fiscally responsible ones.

Everyone on here, and most reasonable people I know agree that the defense budget is bloated beyond belief. We might disagree on what should be done with that money, but just about anything would be better. I'd gladly choose bigger tax cuts or deficit reduction over a massive defense spending hike.

I can respect a true small government fiscal conservative arguing against things like entitlements, for smaller government, and lower taxes. However, I can never fathom the absurdity of those complaining about small potato spending that goes to those in need when all those "welfare queen" expenses are 1. going to a better, more useful cause, and 2. are a drop in the bucket compared to the waterfall of wasteful military spending. Why pinch pennies going to the poor, and ignore the 100s of billions of waste going to defense spending? The laundry list of mismanaged expenses in that area is appalling.

Comment

• i was watching some war documentary, i think it was the one where they showed how Hitler basically screwed up all the time. and i didn't really know that radio was kind of new, and he used it advantageously. so i am wondering if there are any Hitler/radio to Trump/twitter comparisons?

but any way to compare Trump to Hitler i'll take it. =)

Comment

• i think everyone is getting pretty testy. i feel testy. like what's the deal with the first lady wearing a jacket that say's i don't care, do you' lol.. while planning to go to shelters? best i could come up with was Donald making her wear it like it's a dog whistle. i think B-Fly has a point, we're all in this together. hopefully we can find someone that we all agree about.

this sort of division politics, or racial politics isn't new. we've all seen this many times before over the years. i think the republican party was trying to get away from it. before trump they at least acknowledged they need more latino votes. and then Trump came a long and threw gasoline on the fire. and here we are.

i'd ask which the republican party is going to go in the future. is it going to be the party of someone like George Will, or one like Donald Trump?

but i think of Mayor Quimby from the Simpsons, and we're all just a bunch of fickle mush-heads. and we'll just easily forget what happened the day before yesterday.

Comment

• i think what's going to be a problem in the future with information, for example, when i use a computer at work and i go to you tube, even though i have never logged in from work, it shows videos and narratives i've watched from my home computer. like it knows me or tracking me.

so if i want to go outside my sphere of comfort and find things that are different than what i usually watch or read, i have a hard time finding them. and sometimes i can't no matter how hard i try. you'd have to be a search engine engineer to find what you are looking for if it's something different. i can only imagine how much it's affecting the average person that doesn't have a lot of time to spend on stuff like that.

this is going to be the problem with information in the future.

Comment

Well, then, why not demand a much bigger tax cut, or paying down the deficit rather than adding 200 billion needlessly on an already bloated defense budget, filled with pork feeding the military industrial complex? Is it just accepted among conservatives that it is devil's bargain with neo-cons and whatever trump is that to get some tax cut crums, you gotta put up with 100s of billions of needless spending on the MIC? Hell, Dems do this too, but Republicans are worse, and they are supposed to be the fiscally responsible ones.

Everyone on here, and most reasonable people I know agree that the defense budget is bloated beyond belief. We might disagree on what should be done with that money, but just about anything would be better. I'd gladly choose bigger tax cuts or deficit reduction over a massive defense spending hike.

I can respect a true small government fiscal conservative arguing against things like entitlements, for smaller government, and lower taxes. However, I can never fathom the absurdity of those complaining about small potato spending that goes to those in need when all those "welfare queen" expenses are 1. going to a better, more useful cause, and 2. are a drop in the bucket compared to the waterfall of wasteful military spending. Why pinch pennies going to the poor, and ignore the 100s of billions of waste going to defense spending? The laundry list of mismanaged expenses in that area is appalling.
                          Pretty nuts when you put it in perspective - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.34f22b26037b

I would hate to see what it looks like now that they've jacked it up even more

Comment

I'll ask for a bigger tax cut next time just for you. Unfortunately they didnt ask me if I wanted more defense spending.

One thing I can say with great certainty... Government (including military) spending has been wasteful and mismanaged under under every president and congress since I can remember. Nothing ever changes in that regard. Nothing ever will.

Comment

• Well, the canoe that Trump is paddling is finally nearing the edge of the falls...I can't see how even the most spineless of GOP legislator can support this insanity.

Trump claims immigration laws are 'a mockery,' seeks to deprive migrants of due process by deporting them without trial
                              In a pair of morning tweets, President Trump described immigrants as invaders and wrote that U.S. immigration laws must be changed to take away trial rights from undocumented migrants.

“We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country,” Trump wrote. “When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents...”

Trump's tweets came ahead of a crucial vote in the House this week on GOP immigration legislation.
                              WaPo News Alerts...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                Pretty nuts when you put it in perspective - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.34f22b26037b

I would hate to see what it looks like now that they've jacked it up even more
                                Paywall. Ugh.

You mmust like that President Trump is telling all our allies to take on more of the cost for their own defense.

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                I'll ask for a bigger tax cut next time just for you. Unfortunately they didnt ask me if I wanted more defense spending.

One thing I can say with great certainty... Government (including military) spending has been wasteful and mismanaged under under every president and congress since I can remember. Nothing ever changes in that regard. Nothing ever will.
                                This remains the best argument against single pay healthcare.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X