X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Bolton is fucking insane.
    Well, that should stabilize the team.

I'm surprised it took him this long to find a position in the Fox News presidency.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Let's not overlook the fact that John Dowd left Trump's legal team...clearing way for a former US attorney and perhaps Ted Olson, highly recognized as a superstar in the legal profession. Olson hasn't agreed to come aboard yet...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I'm wondering how conservatives who watch Fox News feel about retired Lt Col and long time Fox analyst, Ralph Peters walking away from a job at the network and providing SCATHING remarks about it becoming a propaganda machine that is harming our country with false information in its defense of Trump to its viewers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...flm?li=BBnbfcL

Do you consider him as courageous conservative or a disgruntled liar?
        Unless Fox News themselves gave him some sort of hero's goodbye then probably not a damn thing. They'll probably just disparage him and let some other cranky old white man take up his spot and spout the talking points he no longer was comfortable spouting.

Comment

• David Shulkin out, and our beloved leader replaces him with his personal physician. Not a joke.

#nochaoshere

Comment

• I had to cover a Mike Pence appearance here in Minneapolis today, and I have to say that it was a totally surreal experience. Roughly 600 people in the room, and honestly, I didn't see one person of color other than people who were either staff, or working the event. Some red meat to get the crowd going, but absolutely nothing of substance other than "we're doing great"!

Politicians always play some music to see them out as they press the flesh on the way to the door, Pence's people had them play "Rockin' in the Free World", I shit you not. Not one person in the room had any idea what that song was all about, none. Holy crap, Neil Young would have been horrified after he stopped laughing after the tone deafness of these folks. Not. One. Clue.

"Rockin' In The Free World"

There's colors on the street
            Red, white and blue
            People shufflin' their feet
            People sleepin' in their shoes
            But there's a warnin' sign
            on the road ahead
            There's a lot of people sayin'
            we'd be better off dead
            Don't feel like Satan,
            but I am to them
            So I try to forget it,
            any way I can.

Keep on rockin' in the free world,
            Keep on rockin' in the free world
            Keep on rockin' in the free world.

I see a woman in the night
            With a baby in her hand
            Under an old street light
            Near a garbage can
            Now she puts the kid away,
            and she's gone to get a hit
            She hates her life,
            and what she's done to it
            There's one more kid
            that will never go to school
            Never get to fall in love,
            never get to be cool.

We got a thousand points of light
            For the homeless man
            We got a kinder, gentler,
            Machine gun hand
            We got department stores
            and toilet paper
            Got styrofoam boxes
            for the ozone layer
            Got a man of the people,
            says keep hope alive
            Got fuel to burn,
            got roads to drive.

Last edited by Hornsby; 03-28-2018, 07:15 PM.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I had to cover a Mike Pence appearance here in Minneapolis today, and I have to say that it was a totally surreal experience. Roughly 600 people in the room, and honestly, I didn't see one person of color other than people who were either staff, or working the event. Some red meat to get the crowd going, but absolutely nothing of substance other than "were doing great"!

Politicians always play some music to see them out as they press the flesh on the way to the door, Pence's people had them play "Rockin' in the Free World", I shit you not. Not one person in the room had any idea what that song was all about, none. Holy crap, Neil Young would have been horrified after he stopped laughing after the tone deafness of these folks. Not. One. Clue.
              Actually, he'd probably send a cease and desist if he knew...
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Actually, he'd probably send a cease and desist if he knew...
                that's what I was thinking
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Donnie was raging again today...upped the ante with China concerning tariffs. Despite the fact that the Chinese are systematically targeting Trumps base with their own proposed tariffs.

Went back to the fraudulent voter card, claiming that "millions and millions of people vote many times". Facts be damned.

Continues to support Scott Pruitt, perhaps the most corrupt member of the Trump entourage...

Sending National Guard Troops to the border, and claiming that the Military is going to build a part of "the wall".

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Donnie was raging again today...upped the ante with China concerning tariffs. Despite the fact that the Chinese are systematically targeting Trumps base with their own proposed tariffs.

Went back to the fraudulent voter card, claiming that "millions and millions of people vote many times". Facts be damned.

Continues to support Scott Pruitt, perhaps the most corrupt member of the Trump entourage...

Sending National Guard Troops to the border, and claiming that the Military is going to build a part of "the wall".

And GOP Sen. Ben Sasse tweeted that this was insanity, that he has no plan whatsoever. This has been my (and many others) POV ad naseum -- the guy just constantly wings it, zero preparation, zero plan, all the while arrogantly blowing off advice. I'd wager that most here put more time into their fantasy baseball prep work than anything Dumb Donald does. The most common sentence in articles following a typical Dumb Donald spur of the moment declaration is almost always that he "took his key advisers by surprise."

It continues to boggle my mind that any sane person would require more knowledge and prep work for virtually any professional they'd hire -- contractors working on your home, dentists working on your teeth, doctors working on your body, cab drivers getting you from A to B, airline pilots, etc., but most GOPers give the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES a complete pass for being almost totally unprepared.

This clown is BUNGLING a robust economy with his nonsense. And taking this fight to the Chinese, especially as arrogantly as he's doing it, is like a new recruit in boot camp taking on a Special Forces soldier. China is launching tariff strikes directly on his base with surgical precision. He doesn't understand that Xi is president for life -- he has no political pressure for a quick win, unlike Dumb Donald. The GOP was already in panic mode, and today noted political markets analyst Greg Valliere said a GOP source told him "there goes Iowa."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      And GOP Sen. Ben Sasse tweeted that this was insanity, that he has no plan whatsoever. This has been my (and many others) POV ad naseum -- the guy just constantly wings it, zero preparation, zero plan, all the while arrogantly blowing off advice. I'd wager that most here put more time into their fantasy baseball prep work than anything Dumb Donald does. The most common sentence in articles following a typical Dumb Donald spur of the moment declaration is almost always that he "took his key advisers by surprise."

It continues to boggle my mind that any sane person would require more knowledge and prep work for virtually any professional they'd hire -- contractors working on your home, dentists working on your teeth, doctors working on your body, cab drivers getting you from A to B, airline pilots, etc., but most GOPers give the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES a complete pass for being almost totally unprepared.

This clown is BUNGLING a robust economy with his nonsense. And taking this fight to the Chinese, especially as arrogantly as he's doing it, is like a new recruit in boot camp taking on a Special Forces soldier. China is launching tariff strikes directly on his base with surgical precision. He doesn't understand that Xi is president for life -- he has no political pressure for a quick win, unlike Dumb Donald. The GOP was already in panic mode, and today noted political markets analyst Greg Valliere said a GOP source told him "there goes Iowa."
                      you get what you vote for....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• And after I posted that, his newly minted Natl Economic Chief Larry Kudlow admitted he was blindsided by Dumb Donald’s tariff announcement yesterday. WTF was he hired for if Dumb Donald isn’t going to listen to him? I liked him just fine on CNBC!

And earlier today, the White House admitted there have been no negotiations with China on tariffs, despite alluding to the fact that they have been held— all in order to buoy the markets. How sad is it that China is more believable than we are?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          And after I posted that, his newly minted Natl Economic Chief Larry Kudlow admitted he was blindsided by Dumb Donald’s tariff announcement yesterday. WTF was he hired for if Dumb Donald isn’t going to listen to him? I liked him just fine on CNBC!

And earlier today, the White House admitted there have been no negotiations with China on tariffs, despite alluding to the fact that they have been held, in order to buoy the markets. How sad is it that China is more believable than we are?
                          What the dumbass also doesn't seem to realize is that China owns more than a Trillion dollars worth of US Treasuries...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Today the Feds raided Trump attorney Michael Cohen's office, home, and hotel room records, computers, phones and the like from those sites. Among the records seized are privileged communication between Cohen and his clients, including Trump.

Cheeto Jesus is scared now, hinting that now may be the time to fire Mueller: "Many people have said 'you should fire him,'" Trump said, referring to Mueller. The special counsel's investigation is a "witch hunt" and an "attack on on our country,".

I'm guessing that the ship on firing Mueller has sailed, there's just too much momentum in his investigation now...lawyers, care to weigh in?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Wouldn't Cohen have destroyed incriminating evidence by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Wouldn't Cohen have destroyed incriminating evidence by now.
                                Maybe. Depends what restrictions were on relative to keeping the evidence.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X