X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various electoral maps using population density

Comment

• Looked like a Rorschach test to me..
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• everyone is saying Gorsuch is the SCOTUS pick. From what I've read, he seems like a good choice.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          everyone is saying Gorsuch is the SCOTUS pick. From what I've read, he seems like a good choice.
          The Denver Post approves:

Colorado will learn Tuesday whether President Donald Trump will pick Judge Neil Gorsuch — a native son and strict Constitutional textualist — for the U.S. Supreme Court.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

everyone is saying Gorsuch is the SCOTUS pick. From what I've read, he seems like a good choice.
            Seems like the best of the bunch, but the word I hear is that although all the insiders want him, POTUS is stuck on Hardiman.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

A savvy choice to push for Trump given his youth. A 49 year old SC Justice--that could be a 30+ year tenure. His appointment might be one of the longest lasting impacts Trump makes. He'd be the youngest nominee in 25 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                Seems like the best of the bunch, but the word I hear is that although all the insiders want him, POTUS is stuck on Hardiman.
                that reminds me of this I saw on twitter: "Gorsuch is as smart as he is conservative, and he writes elegantly. Hardiman is a friend of Trump's sister. Whom do YOU think T will name?"

"The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Yes...Harley Davidson tells Trump not to come to Milwaukee on Thursday because they don't want their brand associated with the protests that would ensue. My hometown and my favorite brand making me proud, says a 2003 100th Anniversary DynaWide Glide Owner and HOG Life Member.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    Stupid rural yokel founders... it's as if they did it on purpose. They should have balanced that by creating another branch of Congress where representation is based on population.
                    Another good thing is that they knew that their Document was infallible, and so made it so that it could never be amended...oh wait.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• While campaigning, Trump said we needed to kill the families of terrorists. It looks like he is following through on that suggestion. In the first military raid of his administration, several noncombatants were killed in Yemen, many of them women and children, including an 8 year old girl, the daughter of an Al Qaeda leader who was killed 5 years ago. The girl's grandfather, Yemen's former agricultural minister, gave this account:

"My granddaughter was staying for a while with her mother, so when the attack came, they were sitting in the house, and a bullet struck her in her neck at 2:30 past midnight. Other children in the same house were killed," al-Awlaki said. He said the girl died two hours after being shot.

"They [the SEALs] entered another house and killed everybody in it, including all the women. They burned the house. There is an assumption there was a woman [in the house] from Saudi Arabia who was with al Qaeda. All we know is that she was a children's teacher."

If you want to be skeptical of that account, fine, but by the Pentagons own admission, many civilians were killed in the raid, including this little girl.

I realize Trump isn't the one on the ground executing this, and it seems like it went wrong from the start, but it is also hard to ignore that this is the first strike that he ordered/approved--it was not a hold over mission from the Obama administration. Maybe Trump pushed it to get something for the newspapers asap. Whatever the case, we just created more terrorist sentiment against us, and justifiably so in this case--every time we kill innocents in the name of a greater good, we are wrong to do so. And I realize this didn't start with Trump. We have done it before, and Obama was rightly vilified for sanctioning drone strikes that killed innocent people. I always feel disgusted when this happens, and this comes off as even more horrible and malicious given Trump's previous proclamation that we should kill the families of terrorists.

"Karen Greenberg, director of Fordham University's Center on National Security, said the girl's death will be a boon to al Qaeda propagandists.

"The perception will be that it's not enough to kill al-Awlaki — that the U.S. had to kill the entire family," she said."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...oaG?li=BBnb7Kz
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-31-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Lets also note that a Navy Seal was killed in the action, and that Trump knew about it while busily tweeting this:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 15h15 hours ago

Nancy Pelosi and Fake Tears Chuck Schumer held a rally at the steps of The Supreme Court and mic did not work (a mess)-just like Dem party!

5,544 replies 26,953 retweets 122,962 likes

Reply 36K Retweet 27K

Like 123K
                        A soldier dies in the service of his country, women and children are killed in a botched raid. But our CIC is more concerned about playground taunting the opposition.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

that reminds me of this I saw on twitter: "Gorsuch is as smart as he is conservative, and he writes elegantly. Hardiman is a friend of Trump's sister. Whom do YOU think T will name?"

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
                          Gorsuch, apparently.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Lets also note that a Navy Seal was killed in the action, and that Trump knew about it while busily tweeting this:

A soldier dies in the service of his country, women and children are killed in a botched raid. But our CIC is more concerned about playground taunting the opposition.
                            Yeah, he should have tried to squeeze in a quick 9 like the last guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Lets also note that a Navy Seal was killed in the action, and that Trump knew about it while busily tweeting this:

It's an embarrassment to our nation that we have such a childish narcissist as our leader. At least pretend that the weight of the decisions to send young men to their death, and in the process killing innocent little girls weighs heavily enough on your conscience to forgo such childishness for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                                Yeah, he should have tried to squeeze in a quick 9 like the last guy.
                                He'll be doing that this weekend, but it'll likely be 36. He's tuckered out after a hard 11 days so far, poor guy needs a breather.

Not to worry, president Bannon is in charge...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X