This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Income equality seems to imply that people should automatically get a share of what the top 1% have earned. Why? Why should I get something from them that I have no right to?
    Did the top 1% really earn it? A lot of the income of the top 1% is "stolen" from the other 99% who are just trying to get it back. Corporate executives and majority stockholders often increase their income by decreasing the incomes and benefits of the blue collar workers who actually perform the services and manufacture the goods responsible for generating those huge company profits.

But wait. It was the CEO's great decisions and nothing else that created those profits. Decisions like "Let's cut our employee's wages and benefits and use the windfall to reward all of the executives with a fat bonus check." or "It was my smart decision to lay off half the workforce and double the workload of the ones who stayed. So i am entitled to an 8 figure salary." Yeah, it really takes a lot of intelligence to stab people in the back.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      Well in that case you should be able to pay the entire bill.
      I've covered California, you take care of the Texas share
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        and not send any money?
        Do you announce at Church when you slip in a $10 bill? I'm not looking for your approval.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Did the top 1% really earn it? A lot of the income of the top 1% is "stolen" from the other 99% who are just trying to get it back. Corporate executives and majority stockholders often increase their income by decreasing the incomes and benefits of the blue collar workers who actually perform the services and manufacture the goods responsible for generating those huge company profits.

But wait. It was the CEO's great decisions and nothing else that created those profits. Decisions like "Let's cut our employee's wages and benefits and use the windfall to reward all of the executives with a fat bonus check." or "It was my smart decision to lay off half the workforce and double the workload of the ones who stayed. So i am entitled to an 8 figure salary." Yeah, it really takes a lot of intelligence to stab people in the back.
          Thank you Madducks! Exactly what I was going to type! Sometimes we can agree

Those top 1% did get that rich in a vacuum.
          Last edited by Mithrandir; 12-28-2017, 04:44 PM.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

wow, I've never looked at a rich person and thought they stole it from me.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
              Do you announce at Church when you slip in a $10 bill? I'm not looking for your approval.
              wait, you dont ring the salvation army bell when u donate? Maybe add a little cow bell while you're at it?
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Just another example of how much smarter Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk are compared to you.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

nor am I, just your cash. this is a user-sponsored site, you are a user, right? chip in. Here's my guess, you won't, nor will several of the other selfish Trumpers which I find incredibly hypocritical. Prove me wrong, I doubt you will
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling love you

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Thank you Madducks! Exactly what I was going to type! Sometimes we can agree

Those top 1% did get that rich in a vacuum.
                      So when your government representatives vote themselves a raise, and provide themselves healthcare options that the rest of the country doesnt have access too - do you get as upset?

Please forgive but I believe that CEO's are beholding to the shareholders. If they are not running the company in a profitable manner, then they get fired. Yes, they get fat bonus checks and often for having to make extremely difficult decisions, ones that ultimately affect the actual bottom line of the company. That is their responsibility and the compensation for working 15+ hour days.

These companies were started in garages - Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Amazon, Google, Walt Disney, Mattel, Harley Davidson, Maglite, Yankee Candle........ these are just a few examples of business (and CEO's) that have gotten rich not in a vacuum. They provide great products and do an amazing number of transactions. Many of these CEO' have created significant foundations to donate funds through. I would dare say that for every CEO "stabbing people in the back", there are just as many that do it the right way.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

nor am I, just your cash. this is a user-sponsored site, you are a user, right? chip in. Here's my guess, you won't, nor will several of the other selfish Trumpers which I find incredibly hypocritical. Prove me wrong, I doubt you will
                        It must be nice to sit in the seat of judgment.
                        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Just another example of how much smarter Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk are compared to you.
                          ok you got me on Bezos, definitely a thief.

Comment

hypocrite = not donating?

Comment

It must be nice to sit in the seat of judgment.
                              I love it, the view is great from the moral high ground.....

Comment

hypocrite = not donating?
                                yes, this site is 100% user sponsored, 100% of frequent users should donate, especially those that promote the ethos of a "self-made businessman" like Donald or the Randian philosophies of a Paul Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X