This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    CBB, 11/10/20: hopefully a wake up call to the GOP that when you nominate the worst possible candidate possible, bad things happen. Not holding my breath though.
    Would have been last year also but the dems found someone worse. Some stupid people vote in primaries...
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Hillary Clinton. Nothing more is necessary. Democrats could have had the White House.

Have you seen the hopefuls for 2020? It's grim.

J
      I think the only thing needed to beat Trump will be a pulse. I'm pretty sure Clinton could run again and win. Trump hasnt delivered much and he still acts like a spoiled toddler.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        I think the only thing needed to beat Trump will be a pulse. I'm pretty sure Clinton could run again and win. Trump hasnt delivered much and he still acts like a spoiled toddler.
        Omigod no. Clinton needs to be nowhere near this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Omigod no. Clinton needs to be nowhere near this race.
          Yeah, no one should even joke about that, for real! But I do agree, just about anyone else should win. I'm pretty happy that the people of Alabama said no to Moore, and the Trump/Bannon endorsement of him.

Comment

hopefully a wake up call to the GOP that when you nominate the worst possible candidate possible, bad things happen. Not holding my breath though. Bannon will tell us soon why none of this is his fault.
            Lol, you are dead on right about Bannon. He and Trump will figure out a way to spin this so that it isn't an indictment of how their endorsement have their limits.

Comment

• LOL, just tuned to Fox News to see their take, and they were running a story on that FBI agent and his texts instead of this election. When I tuned in after the Virginia election, they also swept it under the rug and were airing another story. My god, how do people take them seriously?

Comment

Deja vu 2016.

BTW Are you sure Hillary has a pulse? Heartless is a very good one word description.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Deja vu 2016.

BTW Are you sure Hillary has a pulse? Heartless is a very good one word description.

J
                  no not sure she has one, might have contributed to her loss.

Comment

no not sure she has one, might have contributed to her loss.
                    Ya think?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I did not say Obama spawned ISIS. We could have prevented ISIS, which is a very different statement.

The force was on hand. The warning signs were properly read. It's easy to say that all we needed to do is heed the warnings. Even though that is true, it's a hard thing, because it means leaving the troops in place far longer than we want to. It would be a politically unpopular decision. All that is true, but it could have been done and it wasn't.

Jones won (Moore lost) in Alabama, so we have a Democrat Senator next year--51-49.

Hillary Clinton. Nothing more is necessary. Democrats could have had the White House.

Have you seen the hopefuls for 2020? It's grim.

J
                        Here is what you said, word for word: "4. Ended the War in Iraq. Ending Iraq the way he did spawned ISIS." The "he" you referred to was Obama.

Only you and Sarah Huckabee Sanders would try to weasel out of what you said. But here is the thing...even your walk-back is bullshit because ISIS was "spawned" long before Obama ended Iraq.

This is just another example of your parroting Trump talking points. Hence the futility of arguing with you. It is mildly amusing that you try to claim you are not a Trump guy, but you will eventually realize that your admiration of this him was badly misplaced.

I continue to be perplexed as to why otherwise reasonable people put up with Trump. Sometimes I notice single-issue people like pro-lifers who will abandon all of their other principles just because Trump pays lip service to being anti-abortion, even though he spent his entire adult life being pro-choice. Tax-cut people ignore his insane foreign "policy" just because they think it will help their pocketbooks.

We have become an intellectually and morally bankrupt society. Thank goodness Charles Barkley saved the day in Alabama.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Deja vu 2016.

J
                          Oh, yes! And her emails!!!
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Just noticed that if the write-in votes had gone for Roy Moore he would have won the election by a narrow margin.

Trump now says that Moore was fated to lose the general election regardless, which is why he endorsed Luther Strange in the primary. He is spinning so hard to distance himself from Moore. Bannon is at least giving the Dems credit for outworking the Moore campaign.

I credit Charles Barkley with getting out the black vote in Alabama which went something like 95% for Jones (not really, but I'm sure Chuck would take the credit).

I also credit Trump's Gillibrand tweet with turning a bunch of last minute votes, especially from suburban white women.

This didn't kill the Trump agenda, but it surely put it in even greater jeopardy.

Comment

• Let's not lose sight of the fact POTUS and the RNC both endorsed a pedophile

Mid-terms are going to be fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I'd bet if you went through that list with an open mind, you'd agree he did at least a few more good things than defend net neutrality.

Conversely, when I look through the list, I see a few items I wouldn't list as great accomplishments in the long run, although I think in almost all cases, they were motivated by a sincere desire to!do the right thing.
                                Fair observation. I agree that there many questionable items listed but there are also many worthy of being noted.
                                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X