This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this post at all.

When Obama did something, it was almost always for the greater good. When Trump does something, it's ONLY for his base. And there's endless proof of this in his inane tweets. He's always bashing Democrats -- and the 120m+ people in this country who come along with that -- as "obstructionist." He's WELL KNOWN for doing things just to do things without any thought or consequence. Look at his replacing of Janet Yellen, who by all accounts has done a great job as Fed Chairman, a job that has gone across administrations. He said "You just want to put your own stamp on things." Wonderful! Let's just change it up for shits and giggles or bcause I promised it!

As far as Israel, there are many many right wing conservative Jews, many of whom have his wax-encrusted ear, and furthermore, Israel is well supported by Evangelicals.
    I’m probably not the right guy on this Board to use a Janet Yellen reference as an example or to whom anyone, not you but another poster, should extol the virtues of the CFPB. We can go there if you want and I’ll happily tell you what I think. But that wasn’t the point of my original question. Again why is Jerusalem being the embassy location so important l, so much so, that both Republicans and Democrats think it good to say we’ll move it there. But, then they elect to defer action. All Presidents since 1992 have done the same. Now that the sitting President (who is so dislikable and nutty) takes up the cause, and it’s terrible. Don’t tell me about the peace process either. There has been no action on that front in years. Is it really just to appease his base? That doesn’t make sense to me. So, what does the US gain? What does the US lose by either move. Luckys piont was this won’t happen over night, but why should it happen at all or why delay it.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      The Dems have long been in support of this.
      and they still were until the day Trump did it. Its in the 2016 DNC platform and has been for many years.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Luckys piont was this won’t happen over night, but why should it happen at all or why delay it.
        there's a consulate in Jerusalem. Just change the name on the door with the embassy in Tel Aviv.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          there's a consulate in Jerusalem. Just change the name on the door with the embassy in Tel Aviv.
          Yeah. Why didn't someone think of that? Or why don't they just take over the local Hooters?
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I guess I wasn’t clear. I want to understand the merits of it.

And, I’m gonna call BS. You need to be consistent, if his base is made up of hard right wing, the White Supremest, Noe-nazi, red neck whatever’s, as all of those on the left portend, then I’m not sure his base cares all that much about Jews and Israel. And, if you still maintain that it’s just for his base, then isn’t fair to say that when Obama passed anything by EO he was just doing it for his base and leaving it for the next person to fix?

I’m just trying to understand why suddenly when Trump decides to do it (which he really hasn’t since he like every President in the last 20 years has deferred for six more months) it’s bad. The Dems have long been in support of this.
            I still don't understand this post.

And it is weak sauce to say "the Dems" are in support of something because it is in the convention platform unless you are prepared to have every GOP elected official tagged with all the bullshit in the GOP platform. Hell, Trump won't even claim the stuff his campaign manager put into theirs.

Ask anyone in State right now, or even Trump's spokesdroids, when they will actually make the move. The answer you will get is that that they will start working on it right away but that there is no timetable for the actual move. Yeah.

Among the fans he was jerking on this one was Sheldon Adelson and his zillion dollar campaign donation.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• the Sheldon Adelson zillion dollar dark money campaign contribution..according to the new tax rules is tax deductible.

which is like the government giving itself it's own campaign contributions.. i think?

Comment

• i honestly feel like moving to canada or something.

20% frigging percent corporate tax. what are we Ireland? this is gonna start a storm shit all over the world as everyone copies us and lowers their rate too. ' a storm shit'

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  Exactly. I can happen that fast.

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  i honestly feel like moving to canada or something.

20% frigging percent corporate tax. what are we Ireland? this is gonna start a storm shit all over the world as everyone copies us and lowers their rate too. ' a storm shit'
                  UK decided to go to 18% before all this went down.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    Exactly. I can happen that fast.

UK decided to go to 18% before all this went down.

J
                    isn't Ireland like 12.5% and Britain is or was a EU member and the EU is over 30%.

if we're lowing our tax rates to stay competitive with the world, isn't the world going to respond by lowering theirs more.

Comment

• How proud the Trump fans must be to hear their beloved leader encourage his followers to chant for the incarceration of a political adversary from a year ago.

That's the true spirit of Democracy! MAGA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        How proud the Trump fans must be to hear their beloved leader encourage his followers to chant for the incarceration of a political adversary from a year ago.

That's the true spirit of Democracy! MAGA!
                        Yes they are!

Ask almost any Trump fan how they think he is doing and that is what they will say. Unless they are wealthy then they will say. My stocks are going up and my taxes are going down he is doing great

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          Yes they are!

Ask almost any Trump fan how they think he is doing and that is what they will say. Unless they are wealthy then they will say. My stocks are going up and my taxes are going down he is doing great
                          Indeed. Trump fans thinks he rocks. Even the ongoing feud with the media is a good thing in their mind.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Indeed. Trump fans thinks he rocks. Even the ongoing feud with the media is a good thing in their mind.

J
                            You give Trump way too much credit by calling it a feud. At best it is a continual temper tantrum by the most insecure and narcissistic individual ever to reside in the White House.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                              the most narcissistic individual ever to reside in the White House.
                              Obama lost that record pretty quick I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                When Obama did something, it was almost always for the greater good.
                                very few things he did accomplished much good. I'll go on record and say his net neutrality rules were good. Cant think of much else.

Comment

Working...
                                X