This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I can't see any other reason for this, other that the fact they're pretty well in total agreement that Russia interfered with the election, and to Trump's benefit. Also that the rope is starting to tighten around Trump associates in the Mueller probe. It's all about trying to cast doubts on the credibility of the agencies, and the people involved.

I honestly can't imaging why he continually praises Putin, and calls his words believable...that seems to be a tactic that'll backfire eventually.
    Someone thinks it is working.

From Piers Morgan:
    The main purpose of such a trip for any US president is to shore up relations with the countries you are visiting, and their leaders, and to represent America in a good, positive way. Trump did all that. And he did it with an ease, confidence, respect and good humour that often seems sorely lacking back home when he’s strutting around the White House in what seems like perpetual rage.

He may be one of the most divisive presidents in history, but in terms of his celebrity status, already very big before he even ran for office, Trump’s also a political superstar of almost unprecedented proportions. Hence the amazing scenes of excitement that have greeted him throughout the tour.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• people that don't read books also don't listen to other people. if you think about it. when you read a book you're listening to someone.

Trump is incapable of reading a book because he's incapable of listening to anyone.

also, i like looking at pictures of Trump and Putin together talking... normally he just looks bored but Putin really looks like he's into it.

Comment

• Trump is tweet-fighting with Lavar Ball now. It’s the end of the Republic.

What an idiot.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          Trump is tweet-fighting with Lavar Ball now. It’s the end of the Republic.

What an idiot.

Which? Or, both? Nevermind, it’s the later.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
            Which? Or, both? Nevermind, it’s the later.
            Add 'em up, divide by two.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
              Add 'em up, divide by two.
              Now stop! I chose banking because I wasn’t any good at math!

Speaking of Banking, at least he (Trump) got Dick Cordray of the CFPB to resign. That likely means some real roll back of Dodd Frank for small Banks is on the horizon. Also this seemingly is supported by the nomination of Jay Powell to the Fed and recent approval of Joseph Otting to run the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. All of these are actually good things for most consumers.
              Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 11-19-2017, 08:48 PM.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                Now stop! I chose banking because I wasn’t any good at math!
                Pick one. You can take it to the bank.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• So, today Cheeto Jesus pretty much came out and endorsed Roy Moore...Politics ove Pedophila folks! Yeah, Jones is terrible on crime, all he's done is successfully prosecute a 50 year old murder case of 4 black children.

"He denies it," Trump told reporters as he left the White House for Marine One on his way to Mar-a-Lago for Thanksgiving. "He says it didn't happen and you have to listen to him also."

Trump said of Moore's Democratic opponent, Doug Jones: “I can tell you one thing for sure. We don’t need a liberal person in there, a Democrat, Jones. I’ve looked at his record, it’s terrible on crime, it’s terrible on the border, it’s terrible on the military.”
                  Courtesy WaPo Mail alerts...

Edit to correct name...thanks for the catch SM!
                  Last edited by Hornsby; 11-21-2017, 10:29 PM.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

So, today Cheeto Jesus pretty much came out and endorsed Roy Moore...Politics ove Pedophila folks! Yeah, Moore is terrible on crime, all he's done is successfully prosecute a 50 year old murder case of 4 black children.

I'm with you, but I know you meant to say Jones there, not Moore. Jones is the guy who put KKKers away. Moore is the guy who is "tough" on crime, because he molested girls and wants to get away with it. I know you know that, I just want to make it clear to all . The absurd hypocrisy runs deep in this choice. I still hold out hope that Alabama voters will choose the champion of justice over the predator, but I'm getting worried.

Comment

So, today Cheeto Jesus pretty much came out and endorsed Roy Moore...Politics ove Pedophila folks! Yeah, Moore is terrible on crime, all he's done is successfully prosecute a 50 year old murder case of 4 black children.

The craziest part about this is the claim that Trump would actually make the effort to look at someone's record on something.

Comment

• It says a lot about the level of fatigue setting in, when it's been 9 days without a comment about Trump despite daily disastrous tweets, disastrous policy... I don't even know where to begin.

The latest tweeting of fake islamophobic videos... the day after disrespecting Native code breaker veterans... garnering condemnation from Teresa May.

Or how about killing net neutrality? Aren't you thrilled to give away control of the internet to Comcast and Verizon? This story has received ZERO airtime on mainstream media because they're constantly distracted by his numerous other embarrassments.

Or installing a new head of the consumer protection agency... who wants to completely cannibalize the agency he now controls? THEY WANT ANOTHER CRASH! Trump made a fortune scooping up real estate after the last recession!!! You like this?!

Or the "tax cut"... which raises taxes on anybody making less than $75K within 10 years... gives 80% of the benefits to the 1%... How are they even allowed to call it a tax cut?!!!

All this in the week after endorsing a serial sexual predator of children...

It makes me sick. Anybody on RJ that posted "Trump Derangement Syndrome"... where are you now to defend this lunacy?

ANY of these controversies would normally cripple a president, but Trump plunders on because his supporters are morons, and Fox News has turned their brains to mush.

My sympathies are with you guys. Stay strong. #Bernie2020 :P
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          It says a lot about the level of fatigue setting in, when it's been 9 days without a comment about Trump despite daily disastrous tweets, disastrous policy... I don't even know where to begin.

The latest tweeting of fake islamophobic videos... the day after disrespecting Native code breaker veterans... garnering condemnation from Teresa May.

Or how about killing net neutrality? Aren't you thrilled to give away control of the internet to Comcast and Verizon? This story has received ZERO airtime on mainstream media because they're constantly distracted by his numerous other embarrassments.

Or installing a new head of the consumer protection agency... who wants to completely cannibalize the agency he now controls? THEY WANT ANOTHER CRASH! Trump made a fortune scooping up real estate after the last recession!!! You like this?!

Or the "tax cut"... which raises taxes on anybody making less than $75K within 10 years... gives 80% of the benefits to the 1%... How are they even allowed to call it a tax cut?!!!

It makes me sick. Anybody on RJ that posted "Trump Derangement Syndrome"... where are you now to defend this lunacy?

ANY of these controversies would normally cripple a president, but Trump plunders on because his supporters are morons, and Fox News has turned their brains to mush.

Sad! Apologize!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            It says a lot about the level of fatigue setting in, when it's been 9 days without a comment about Trump despite daily disastrous tweets, disastrous policy... I don't even know where to begin.

It's a fucking disaster.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Great recap Teenwolf--you are right. He has thrown so much horrible stuff out there, it is overwhelming, but we can't let the daily sideshow distract from the really big issues that you highlight. Net neutrality, taxes, continued and dangerous dismantling of important government agencies--these things matter profoundly, and they need attention. Part of the problem is that giving these things attention is depressing. I've called my representatives, I've made cases for these things to people I know so they too might make their voices heard with representatives, but really, there isn't much we can do to stop these things right now. We just have to hope that enough people see the downside of what he is doing to vote for a change of course in 2018 and 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Great recap Teenwolf--you are right. He has thrown so much horrible stuff out there, it is overwhelming, but we can't let the daily sideshow distract from the really big issues that you highlight. Net neutrality, taxes, continued and dangerous dismantling of important government agencies--these things matter profoundly, and they need attention. Part of the problem is that giving these things attention is depressing. I've called my representatives, I've made cases for these things to people I know so they too might make their voices heard with representatives, but really, there isn't much we can do to stop these things right now. We just have to hope that enough people see the downside of what he is doing to vote for a change of course in 2018 and 2020.
                                I've only really had in depth discussions with one voter for Trump (at least that admitted he voted for Trump) and he is SO anti-Hillary that I'm not even sure it matters what Trump does - he's basically not Hillary so it's acceptable. He's even conceded that Trump is doing a lot of things that he doesn't like, but it's still not Hillary, so that appears to be a net positive for him. I think there are a lot of people in this camp, and these are the people who need to be swayed for 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X