Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 US Presidents were active today...5 of them were raising money for Hurricane victims, 1 of them was golfing. Any guesses who the odd man out was? #asshole
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      6 US Presidents were active today...5 of them were raising money for Hurricane victims, 1 of them was golfing. Any guesses who the odd man out was? #asshole
      madness
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Anyone have thoughts on Flake's speech? I was happy to see it. My wife chafes at my admiration for Flake and Corker for speaking out on Trump, because she thinks that they bristle at his style, but are substantively similar. Maybe, but it still makes me feel good to see people in his own party call out his behavior, his manner, his attacks on decency and civil discourse. On that note, it is so surreal to me that Melania is pushing forward with bullying being her issue to address. The irony is just too much for me to even process. I suspect she may be trolling us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Anyone have thoughts on Flake's speech? I was happy to see it. My wife chafes at my admiration for Flake and Corker for speaking out on Trump, because she thinks that they bristle at his style, but are substantively similar. Maybe, but it still makes me feel good to see people in his own party call out his behavior, his manner, his attacks on decency and civil discourse. On that note, it is so surreal to me that Melania is pushing forward with bullying being her issue to address. The irony is just too much for me to even process. I suspect she may be trolling us.
          It was welcome, but we will see what he does over the next 14 months.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
            It was welcome, but we will see what he does over the next 14 months.
            He didn't take long at all to show his true colors by voting to kill the rule allowing class action suits against large financial institutions. Sour Masher's wife was right...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              He didn't take long at all to show his true colors by voting to kill the rule allowing class action suits against large financial institutions. Sour Masher's wife was right...
              this, deeds not words....
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Yea, these guys think they're going to be remembered for their pretty speeches when they enabled President Fuckhead to destroy so much? Hardly.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Yea, these guys think they're going to be remembered for their pretty speeches when they enabled President Fuckhead to destroy so much? Hardly.
                  Never underestimate the stupidity of the populace.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Yea, these guys think they're going to be remembered for their pretty speeches when they enabled President Fuckhead to destroy so much? Hardly.
                    I guess my bar is pretty low, but I don't expect them to stop being republicans, and a lot of what Trump is trying to do that I believe will hurt this country is in line with what most republicans would want to do. Despite that, and despite me disagreeing with them on almost all issues, I still think it is good that they are calling out Trump as a special kind of dangerous, for the way he attacks the first amendment, for the way he debases the office with his childish rhetoric and behavior, for the way continues to punch down and distract us all from bigger debates and issues, etc.

Comment

• Trump popped up in Dallas today, across from where Ms. Lucky works. (I'm now working just down the street, but that is another story.) Things started getting crazy, what with the police and dump trucks and protests, so we bugged out early.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Okay, here's a thing...does Trump permit the release of the JFK materials tomorrow? Or does he pull some type of self-aggrandizing stunt at the last minute?

Comment

Okay, here's a thing...does Trump permit the release of the JFK materials tomorrow? Or does he pull some type of self-aggrandizing stunt at the last minute?
                          wait... is that to say that releasing them isn't already a self-aggrandizing stunt?
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Okay, here's a thing...does Trump permit the release of the JFK materials tomorrow? Or does he pull some type of self-aggrandizing stunt at the last minute?
                            Oh, he'll allow the release, it's more smoke and mirrors to distract from what he's doing...or what he's NOT doing. All he does is buy himself a little more time before the next giant faux pax...

And his trip to Dallas was simply a fundraising trip, until they added a quick briefing on the Hurricane recovery. NOW it's an official Presidential visit, and thus, paid for by the taxpayer. Thanks Asshole!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Speaking of smoke and mirrors distractions, it is really frightening to watch as the WH and their mass media puppet network, Fox News, work together in a mobius strip of misinformation, resurrecting a 7 year old uranium smoke screen just so they can bring back their favorite scapegoat/punching bag--HRC. Seriously, I think they miss her. The right gets such joy in focusing on her as the mother of all evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Speaking of smoke and mirrors distractions, it is really frightening to watch as the WH and their mass media puppet network, Fox News, work together in a mobius strip of misinformation, resurrecting a 7 year old uranium smoke screen just so they can bring back their favorite scapegoat/punching bag--HRC. Seriously, I think they miss her. The right gets such joy in focusing on her as the mother of all evil.
                                They cannot help themselves when it comes to Hillary. Team Trump has no agenda other than fear and rage, and Hillary is the person who creates in them the most fear and rage. Without her, they are nothing and Trump knows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X