This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    His bashing of Sessions is simple. Make skeptics of him, fire him, install a new, loyal AG who has nothing to do with the Russia investigation, then have the new AG hinder the investigation in some way.
    It's not working. I hate Sessions but love that it's blowing up Trump's fat ugly face.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I'm still dumbfounded that someone so politically tone deaf got elected. .
      Starting to understand that the Trump vote was also a vote against the establishment. Holy shit the DNC must be absolutely killing themselves behind closed doors.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        The draft dodger tweets he's banning transgenders (of which there are up to 15k) from serving in the military. What a friend of the LGBTQ community he's been!
        I disagree with this decision. Let them serve but any special medical expenses regarding their transition should not be paid for by taxpayers.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          It just goes to show what a terrible candidate Clinton was.
          and apparently all the gop candidates in the primary. No I dont agree but the voters voted.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            It just goes to show what a terrible candidate Clinton was.
            I was going to say it, but was hoping someone else less "faux independent" would.

It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              and apparently all the gop candidates in the primary. No I dont agree but the voters voted.
              And, apparently, Jill Stein, Evan McMullin, Gary Johnson, and Bernie Sanders.
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                And, apparently, Jill Stein, Evan McMullin, Gary Johnson, and Bernie Sanders.
                Wonder if Bloomberg wishes he would have run

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                  I was going to say it, but was hoping someone else less "faux independent" would.

Thereyago.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I just gotta say, wtf is going on down there??? Is anyone actually governing? I'm a bit concerned that some country could just waltz in & take over before anyone even notices, and we share a huge frikkin border with you guys.

hmmm ... wait a minute ... I think I need to place a call to Ottawa ...
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The "Mooch" is killing me. "Hey, somebody committed a felony! Making my public record public! Must have been that rat bastard Priebus!"
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I find it surreal that the Scaramucci thinks whistle blowers and leakers should keep their traps shut like Joe Paterno did. He said they should "act with honor and respect and dignity in doing their jobs" like Joe Paterno: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.db5ddeed8b56. I guess that helps me understand the mental disconnect I have with the trump camp. We have very different definitions of basic terminology.

I guess, in his mind, Paterno did the right thing for not leaking to authorities and the press that someone on his staff was sexually abusing young boys? I realize that can't be what he meant, but the fact that this new hired gun doesn't realize the implications of bringing up Paterno in this context is stunning.

Equally stunning to me is that when folks pointed on the inappropriateness of citing Joe Paterno when telling people not to reveal damaging information that should be kept in house, he defended his reference with this tweet:

"I met Joe Paterno twice ('92 & '96) he was an honorable man. He made the mistake--not understanding evil comes in the form of many faces"

So, he doubled down on Paterno being an honorable man who "acted with honor and respect and dignity" in doing his job, when he was SPECIFICALLY talking about how leakers and whistler blowers should act. In that context, of calling out those who are sharing sins he wants left in the dark, even when he was reminded of what Paterno kept hidden, he didn't back down and correct himself. Un-freaking-believable.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-27-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I find it surreal that the Scaramucci thinks whistle blowers and leakers should keep their traps shut like Joe Paterno did. He said they should "act with honor and respect and dignity in doing their jobs" like Joe Paterno: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.db5ddeed8b56. I guess that helps me understand the mental disconnect I have with the trump camp. We have very different definitions of basic terminology.

I guess, in his mind, Paterno did the right thing for not leaking to authorities and the press that someone on his staff was sexually abusing young boys? I realize that can't be what he meant, but the fact that this new hired gun doesn't realize the implications of bringing up Paterno in this context is stunning.

Equally stunning to me is that when folks pointed on the inappropriateness of citing Joe Paterno when telling people not to reveal damaging information that should be kept in house, he defended his reference with this tweet:

"I met Joe Paterno twice ('92 & '96) he was an honorable man. He made the mistake--not understanding evil comes in the form of many faces"

So, he doubled down on Paterno being an honorable man who "acted with honor and respect and dignity" in doing his job, when he was SPECIFICALLY talking about how leakers and whistler blowers should act. In that context, of calling out those who are sharing sins he wants left in the dark, even when he was reminded of what Paterno kept hidden, he didn't back down and correct himself. Un-freaking-believable.
                          I give the "Mooch" about 2 months before he's either so fed up he quits, or digs himself such a deep hole that he needs to take cover from the special investigator. This paterno thing is beyond the pale...Paterno was the antithesis of an honorable man. He was an enabler who not only turned a blind eye to the abuse of children, he actually kept the pedophile on his payroll!

This like this, statements like this made in public, eventually drive these twisted men out...they THINK they like the spotlight, but they really don't.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            This paterno thing is beyond the pale...Paterno was the antithesis of an honorable man. He was an enabler who not only turned a blind eye to the abuse of children, he actually kept the pedophile on his payroll!

This like this, statements like this made in public, eventually drive these twisted men out...they THINK they like the spotlight, but they really don't.
                            I'm with you--Paterno covered for and enabled a pedophile. He is the furthest from honorable as there can be. But even if someone is a Paterno apologist who thought he was a doe eyed innocent old man who thought naked "horse-play" in the shower with young boys wasn't a red flag of any kind (I don't want to get into what a BS argument that is), I have to imagine even that person has to admit that bringing up Paterno as a paragon of virtue in the context of using him as an example of what government employees should be doing in terms of keeping their dirt in house and not revealing damning information to the press or authorities is at the very, very best, totally clueless and inappropriate.

The fact that he brought up Paterno in this context originally is beyond belief, but what should have happened as soon as someone pointed out the obvious was at the very least a fumbling apology backtrack like when Spicer absurdly claimed Hitler didn't use chemical weapons. Instead, he double downed and didn't see or acknowledge that Paterno was probably the worst example of an "honorable" public servant in the context of people keeping quite and being loyal to institutions.

Comment

• Another distraction. They're all fucking scumbags so nothing they do should surprise.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• From what I have seen so far, which admittedly hasn't been that much, Scaramucci is very much a tribal guy. He talks about being a New York guy and a Wall Street guy. He's a Trump guy. The apparently idolatry of JoePa is often seen in those who self-identify as Italian-American guys.

He needs to calm down a little bit. You can't go blasting into Washington like Yosemite Sam.

Comment

Working...
                                X