This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    That's it! I knew it reminded me of someone, but I couldn't remember who. It's Superlawyer Jackie Chiles!

"It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!"
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I couldn't even support Bernie in the primaries even though I was probably more aligned with his policies because because I was so turned off by the rhetoric on this board.
      I don't understand, what rhetoric are you referring to? I understand post primary exchanges got heated, but in reviewing the Sanders and D primary threads, I didn't see anything vitriolic. Just the standard, Sanders is unelectable and the DNC should do what it takes to win the election, And if my voicing my desire for things to be ethical and right motivated you in any direction, I'd have to say--I didn't realize I or anyone on this forum had that much influence over others in here. But it is what it is.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• ... and the thousands of Canadians who vacation in Cuba suddenly warm up to Trump a little bit ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash">#BREAKING</a> Trump says canceling 'one-sided' US deal with Cuba</p>&mdash; AFP news agency (@AFP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AFP/status/875773297916604417">June 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Bernie pushed the party platform as far to the left as he could, and that's why he supported HRC, for the platform...

This is where I'm confused on GITH's stance. Why is it that Lucky is capitulating to support HRC, whereas Bernie isn't or wasn't?

I missed this TW so allow me to address it now.

I don't believe Bernie supported HRC because of the platform, he did so because he promised he would. He did it begrudgingly never mentioning anything more than--we need to defeat Trump. If he had not, then those already critical of him would have used his broken promise to defame him even more than they had over the primary process and how they still do today. He never once said he supported the DNC or their direction. He has constantly worked to move the party to the left and get his ideas into their platform.

Take some time and google his speech with HRC where he endorses her--it tells you everything you need to know about his support for her--He was forced to and that's the difference I see--Coercion vs Capitulation.

But WE had/have a choice. As Lucky is fond of pointing out, he was Sanders supporter who switched to HRC once she won the nomination, he CHOSE to go with HRC for whatever reason--I would quote him, but all his posts were deleted in the Redbirds scandal of 2017.
          I do recall, that several in here were caught up in the ünelectable" narrative falsely promoted by those supporting HRC, including Lucky. You may not agree on my line of reasoning, but that's cool--I don't expect people to understand me in everything I say or do. With that in mind, I'd respond to those asking me about my method of communicating and how that helps (or hinders) changing others minds...I will rarely if ever, change someone's mind in here on this board nor will any of us on subjects outside of baseball. If you'll notice (and I believe I already have mentioned this) My outbursts are to call people out on their shit so of course some of my posts will be abrasive.

Just trying to keep it real, hold people accountable and make the discourse in here, even playing field where one side doesn't get criticized unfairly.

Some people might not see it that way, but some people like to pretend they aren't engaging in behavior they've been outraged by in the past.

BTW, TW thanks for the kind words (or at least giving me credit) you posted along with this question. I Hope I've clarified my position, now whether you agree or not is another thing entirely.

Cheers.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            I missed this TW so allow me to address it now.

I don't believe Bernie supported HRC because of the platform, he did so because he promised he would. He did it begrudgingly never mentioning anything more than--we need to defeat Trump. If he had not, then those already critical of him would have used his broken promise to defame him even more than they had over the primary process and how they still do today. He never once said he supported the DNC or their direction. He has constantly worked to move the party to the left and get his ideas into their platform.

Take some time and google his speech with HRC where he endorses her--it tells you everything you need to know about his support for her--He was forced to and that's the difference I see--Coercion vs Capitulation.

But WE had/have a choice. As Lucky is fond of pointing out, he was Sanders supporter who switched to HRC once she won the nomination, he CHOSE to go with HRC for whatever reason--I would quote him, but all his posts were deleted in the Redbirds scandal of 2017.
            I do recall, that several in here were caught up in the ünelectable" narrative falsely promoted by those supporting HRC, including Lucky. You may not agree on my line of reasoning, but that's cool--I don't expect people to understand me in everything I say or do. With that in mind, I'd respond to those asking me about my method of communicating and how that helps (or hinders) changing others minds...I will rarely if ever, change someone's mind in here on this board nor will any of us on subjects outside of baseball. If you'll notice (and I believe I already have mentioned this) My outbursts are to call people out on their shit so of course some of my posts will be abrasive.

Just trying to keep it real, hold people accountable and make the discourse in here, even playing field where one side doesn't get criticized unfairly.

Some people might not see it that way, but some people like to pretend they aren't engaging in behavior they've been outraged by in the past.

BTW, TW thanks for the kind words (or at least giving me credit) you posted along with this question. I Hope I've clarified my position, now whether you agree or not is another thing entirely.

Cheers.
            This is why I have to keep up with Doig. Like our President, he throws stuff out on the internet to stir up sh*t while not knowing or not caring about the operative facts.

My posts weren't deleted. They are all still there for anyone to read.

So are Doig's unless he starts deleting them.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
              This is why I have to keep up with Doig. Like our President, he throws stuff out on the internet to stir up sh*t while not knowing or not caring about the operative facts.

My posts weren't deleted. They are all still there for anyone to read.

So are Doig's unless he starts deleting them.

Sorry I mistook your constant reminder that you supported and voted for Bernie to mean you took up for him on every occasion until he was defeated in the primaries.

I don't throw anything out there--I do my homework and I only saw ONE post in the Sanders thread (and I read every page) which was a quote with your support (which I mentioned) for Bernie. With your prolific mentioning of support for Sanders I expected more than ONE mention in 25 pages so I thought you, like ElD must have had your posts deleted. Lucky, when searched, shows NO results when searching your past posts in those threads so, you might want to check with the powers that be as you either only posted Once in the Sanders thread or some of your posts were deleted. Again, forgive me for thinking someone whose professed support of Sanders merited more than ONE post in the thread dedicated to him and his candidacy.

So I do have the facts and you're just being a dick.

But what's new.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• BTW I just finished reading the 80+ page Dem Nom thread and after your initial post about voting for Bernie, you spend the rest of the thread explaining why he would lose the primary and the general and defending HRC and the DNC. Still can't search your posts and you didn't join in until several pages into the thread.

So again, your idea of support and mine are apparently two different things, but then I am naive and don't care about being factual as long as I stir some shit........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

BTW I just finished reading the 80+ page Dem Nom thread and after your initial post about voting for Bernie, you spend the rest of the thread explaining why he would lose the primary and the general and defending HRC and the DNC. Still can't search your posts and you didn't join in until several pages into the thread.

So again, your idea of support and mine are apparently two different things, but then I am naive and don't care about being factual as long as I stir some shit........
                  It is not often you admit this demonstrably provable truth, but I suppose we should be thankful for small favors.

Comment

• And guys, please don't drag my name back into this. Doig seems to be as triggered by it as Trump is by Hillary.

Comment

It is not often you admit this demonstrably provable truth, but I suppose we should be thankful for small favors.
                      Kudos for an amazingly accurate portrayal of a OneJay response.

Oh and honey, I'm not triggered by you and no one but yourself drags you into this, you just can't stay away or don't you recall "having" to respond the last few times you've confronted me in a post.

But I understand, it's time for you to stay quiet and look like the man you used to be.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Kudos for an amazingly accurate portrayal of a OneJay response.

Oh and honey, I'm not triggered by you and no one but yourself drags you into this, you just can't stay away or don't you recall "having" to respond the last few times you've confronted me in a post.

But I understand, it's time for you to stay quiet and look like the man you used to be.
                        Honey?

I don't like responding to you. But when you call me out by name, and say things that are outrageously untrue or hypocritically unfair about me, I will speak up.

Comment

And guys, please don't drag my name back into this. Doig seems to be as triggered by it as Trump is by Hillary.
                          I guess I'm allowed ?
                          --------------------------------------
                          You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                            I guess I'm allowed ?
                            Oh, Mandy. I could never say 'no' to you.

Comment

Honey?

I don't like responding to you. But when you call me out by name, and say things that are outrageously untrue or hypocritically unfair about me, I will speak up.
                              Untrue or unfair?

You really want to do this?

OK I'm game.

You say you were a Sanders supporter but in a thread about him you post once in 25 pages and in the other spend the entire thread supporting the system that screwed him. Support Sanders? Man no wonder he lost with support like yours, because you suck at supporting your candidates.

As to hypocritical, you defended the DNC and HRC, both unethical and lacking integrity, yet you have the gall to criticize those who complain and those across the aisle who support an unethical POTUS. You have been the very epitome of hypocrisy since the election, lacking in integrity and ethics when it comes to this subject.

So excuse me for saying to go pound sand for accusing me of being anything untoward when I'm one of the few who can claim the moral high ground in this conversation.

Finally, it's a damn good thing you no longer sit on the bench what with your fucked up idea of reality and vindictive and trump like retaliation towards anyone with an opposing viewpoint.

There's a place for you in the current administration, you'd be perfect.

Just put me back on ignore and stop responding to my posts, it'll be easier for you.

Like Hillary, you should just stop.

It's embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                                Untrue or unfair?

You really want to do this?

OK I'm game.

You say you were a Sanders supporter but in a thread about him you post once in 25 pages and in the other spend the entire thread supporting the system that screwed him. Support Sanders? Man no wonder he lost with support like yours, because you suck at supporting your candidates.

As to hypocritical, you defended the DNC and HRC, both unethical and lacking integrity, yet you have the gall to criticize those who complain and those across the aisle who support an unethical POTUS. You have been the very epitome of hypocrisy since the election, lacking in integrity and ethics when it comes to this subject.

So excuse me for saying to go pound sand for accusing me of being anything untoward when I'm one of the few who can claim the moral high ground in this conversation.

Finally, it's a damn good thing you no longer sit on the bench what with your fucked up idea of reality and vindictive and trump like retaliation towards anyone with an opposing viewpoint.

There's a place for you in the current administration, you'd be perfect.

Just put me back on ignore and stop responding to my posts, it'll be easier for you.

Like Hillary, you should just stop.

It's embarrassing.

June 3, 2016: "This Election has taught me quite a few things. One, that I have been and am woefully ignorant on how our electoral process really works."

Same post: "Look at the fact we hold each other to a higher standard than we do say, a presidential candidate. I know I'd take RJ members to task over something hypocritical yet I find a way to justify Sanders use of the system, the very system he wants to end, to forward his platform. I should at the very least hold him to the same standard I do say, OneJay--But I haven't."

In a rare moment of self-awareness, you admitted that you didn't understand the system you were railing against daily as being unfair to your candidate. You admitted the hypocrisy of Bernie attempting to using the DNC for his own ends. So where is your integrity and ethics since then? Oh, I forgot. As you have reminded us upon more than on occasion, you 'almost' let your child go to prison.

You remind us continually how much integrity you think you have. And how liberal you think you are (the "most liberal" person on the board). And how you think you are always right, and always make the right judgments about people and events when you don't have objective facts...just based upon those killer instincts. I guess I just don't like people who are always trying to convince everyone how great they are.

I understand that Bernie was your first true love, politically speaking, and that you will never get over him. But you have to get over the fact that I didn't pick that particular hill to die on. The fact that I saw first Bernie, then Hillary, as options preferable to the GOP was not less ethical than your "burn it all down" mentality. The fact that I figured out soon that Bernie wasn't going to win was because I was not a neophyte like you.

Your last post is typical. You lack facts, you spit personal vitriol. You claim to have the moral high ground, but you claim this in every conversation that you have. You don't admit you are wrong, even when it is proven. Shut up and deal the cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X