Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPA, USDA, and Commerce department are all banned from releasing research directly to the public. Weeeeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Well, hey, I assumed that maybe some significant percentage of Democrats still had the principles and backbone to oppose their president when necessary. Silly me.
      I think there is ample evidence that people of all ilk are quick to justify and ignore when their side does wrong.

I hate that hypocrisy, and you see it a lot in politics and in sports, where as soon as a guy is traded to a team, many of its fans go from calling him a ln abuseing scumbag or a choke artist or cheater to unfairly maligned.

I do admire repubs who have called out Trump, and I hope many continue to do so now that he is president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Igor View Post
        EPA, USDA, and Commerce department are all banned from releasing research directly to the public. Weeeeeee
        This sort of restriction of information scares me a great deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I think there is ample evidence that people of all ilk are quick to justify and ignore when their side does wrong.
          I do not agree with Trump on net neutrality. If/when he continues running Obama sized deficits, I wont agree with that either. For the most part I dont like his public personality. In private we always here about him being a different person so maybe I wouldnt mind having a chat with him.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I hate that hypocrisy, and you see it a lot in politics and in sports, where as soon as a guy is traded to a team, many of its fans go from calling him a ln abuseing scumbag or a choke artist or cheater to unfairly maligned.

I do admire repubs who have called out Trump, and I hope many continue to do so now that he is president.
            That's why I like being an independent voter. I'm not emotionally invested in anyone, and can cheerfully piss on everyone.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
              Well, Trump and Sanders have been against these trade agreements since at least 1992 and NAFTA, so I imagine they have vetted the entire issue thoroughly, but I guess Hillary arrived at the same conclusion about the same time Sanders poll numbers reached their apex, so I can see your point there. Also, I do appreciate your willingness to brush aside campaign rhetoric-- does that extend to Trump's statements as well?
              Of course it extends to Trumps statements as well, the only problem is that he's decided to act upon a good deal of them withing the 1st week, all without any thorough vetting. THAT'S the problem that I have. TPP, The two pipelines, rolling back some funding for international birth control, the list goes on and on. My problem is that he's NOT acting like a typical politician, and he's doing what he promised his voters. Sounds exactly backwards to expect, but it's what we've pretty much always had. Is he the new standard? Depends on where this all goes I guess. His list of nominees is historically uninformed about their jobs, one is already under investigation for his dealings with Russia, and the rest?

And again, my problems with the TPP stem not so much from the trade partner aspect and what that may entail, but the PARTNER aspect of the agreement that we may well be throwing away.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                That's why I like being an independent voter. I'm not emotionally invested in anyone, and can cheerfully piss on everyone.
                And you do it so very, very well.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  My problem is that he's NOT acting like a typical politician, and he's doing what he promised his voters.
                  The bastard. Actually doing what he promised.

Comment

• Regardless of what we think of Trump's policy, I hope we can all agree that his continued assault on verifiable facts, bashing away at them with unfounded, unsubstantiated opinion, is extremely intellectually dangerous. His latest example is his continued insistence that 3 to 5 million votes in the election were casts fraudulently by illegal immigrants. He doesn't back up such claims, and rather than cite specific sources that can be challenged, he generally says things like, "many people are saying it."

It sickens me to see the GOP establishment, most of whom despise him, swallow their pride, and go along to get along with such practices. At least Paul Ryan and John McCain are willing to flat out state there is no evidence to support Trump's claims.

But mewling sycophants like McConnell sicken me. His hard line obstructionism continually angered me, because it seemed so evident to me that no matter what Obama said or did, McConnell would say the opposite. I respect Republicans who fought 44 on logical and ideological grounds, but if someone says water is wet and you argue, you are a disease in our political body. Now, it seems he will do the opposite. If Trump says water is dry, McConnell will agree.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ru7?li=BBnb7Kz
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-24-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• McConnell is a slug. He's on the same list for me as Cheney.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I will give him credit for keeping some campaign promises so far. I'd argue they are some of his lesser promises that not a whole lot of voters rank high on their list for why they voted for him, but at least he is keeping his word on them. One thing that did rank high was draining the swamp, and I don't think he has kept that promise at all. Another one was job creation and retention, which polls show most of his voters care most about. If he can keep that promise, a lot else will be forgiven by his supporters. Personally, I hope he can keep his infrastructure spending promise as well. Jobs and infrastructure are two areas that he focused on that get the widest support.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Yeah, that'd be great if what he promised was actually going to help people, the environment, and the nation.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, that'd be great if what he promised was actually going to help people, the environment, and the nation.
                            Well, given that tossing TPP had some rather broad bi-partisan support, I suspect he hit the mark there.

Comment

The two pipelines
                              That was the best news of the day!
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• The Netherlands would like to introduce themselves to Donald Trump:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j-xxis7hDOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X