This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    He's the one saying his predecessor played too much golf. He is currently well ahead of him albeit nowhere near Eisenhower's rate. At his current rate & cost per trip, he's ~$850M of costs and that's being funneled into his own properties. This is not OK.

8 years of Obama vacations cost $85M per McClatchy. Trump is currently 38% of the way to that figure in 8 weeks.
    Where are you getting the 38% of the way there. That's about $33M. Hornsby has the amount spent at about $15M

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Obama and his family took an annual Christmas vacation to Hawaii, at a total cost for the 8 years of about 40 million dollars.
      I guess it just depends where you get your info. I read it was about 90 million to cover their vacations for 8 years.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I was amazed at the pure giddiness, still! It was pure, unadulterated joy, gleaming with happiness. Even after all this. Amazing.
        Thats pretty much what I've found where I live. You have to realize that for all the whining on this forum, not a whole lot has happened yet. If anything, I'm frustrated at the lack of action.
        Last edited by cardboardbox; 03-20-2017, 11:08 AM.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I guess it just depends where you get your info. I read it was about 90 million to cover their vacations for 8 years.
          It was probably 40M for Hawaii and the rest for Marths Vineyard and other ones, which makes sense.
          I guess I have a hard time understanding how 18 days per year in Hawaii averages out to $5M, but 3 days in Mir-a-Largo is $3M. I know Politico is basing that off a 3.6M trip Obama took to Palm Beach via Chicago, but something just doesn't smell right with these numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            It was probably 40M for Hawaii and the rest for Marths Vineyard and other ones, which makes sense.
            I guess I have a hard time understanding how 18 days per year in Hawaii averages out to $5M, but 3 days in Mir-a-Largo is $3M. I know Politico is basing that off a 3.6M trip Obama took to Palm Beach via Chicago, but something just doesn't smell right with these numbers.
            maybe because a lot more nut jobs want to kill Trump?

Comment

Where are you getting the 38% of the way there. That's about $33M. Hornsby has the amount spent at about $15M
              using the $3M per trip math being used in stories right now. 11 trips x $3M per trip = $33M.

33M/85M=38%

Comment

Thats pretty much what I've found where I live. You have to realize that for all the whining on this forum, not a whole lot has happened yet. If anything, I'm frustrated at the lack of action.
                So this begs the question -- do these people, the ones who still light up with joy when they hear his name -- insulate themselves from the negativity (or what many may call, "reality") by ONLY watching Fox News, and only listening to conservative radio stations?

Comment

So this begs the question -- do these people, the ones who still light up with joy when they hear his name -- insulate themselves from the negativity (or what many may call, "reality") by ONLY watching Fox News, and only listening to conservative radio stations?
                  I think that is certainly the case for many. Why leave the echo chamber/safe space you've set up for yourselves? Better to close your eyes and ears and decide that which does not fit your worldview is false. Of course, lots of people live this way, and one good that I HOPE comes from Trump is that Fox News becomes more careful and balanced in its reporting.

I mean, it is one thing to be able to justify shoddy reporting and clear, extreme bias when all you are doing is preaching to a choir of viewers you make a living off of. But it is another when you know your every report, hell, your every opinion, will be taken as Gospel by the POTUS, and he will talk and act on that "intel." The weight of the power they now hold, knowing that the POTUS is being shaped by what they do and say must be enormous. I know it would scare the hell out of me into being more thoughtful and nuanced, even if it cost me ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    using the $3M per trip math being used in stories right now. 11 trips x $3M per trip = $33M.

33M/85M=38%
                    You do realize that all 11 trips have not been to Florida, correct? I believe only 5 have. I highly doubt the trip to Northern Virgina cost $3M. I think your Trump derangement has gotten the best of you today.

Comment

If a Trump voter has a choice between republican news (Fox) and democrat news (everyone else), why would they choose anything other than Fox?

Comment

JudicialWatch, bless their hearts, came up with Obama's Hawaii numbers. They thought they were outrageous at the time, and called for massive changes in executive travel. Oh, they got 'em.

nots, Bernie, nobody is saying a president shouldn't have his fun. We're saying the current guy is a hypocritical bastard who ought to put his shoulder to the wheel for a while, at least until he builds up a little positive momentum. Until then, he shouldn't be spending so much of his time (and our money) farting around Florida. President isn't an honorary position. Between golf, watching Fox and Friends, Judge Nap, Bret Baeir, and reading the failing New York Times, he barely leaves himself time for insulting foreign leaders.

All the dumb sh*t he does is a part of him. Whether it is profligate spending, paranoid tweeting, or the reckless appointment of unqualified cronies, these are the things that make him what he is.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Those of you who are fans of clear, coherent expression, and cringe at Trump's lack of it might enjoy this: https://www.facebook.com/newyorker/v...type=3&theater

Comment

If a Trump voter has a choice between republican news (Fox) and democrat news (everyone else), why would they choose anything other than Fox?
                            The fact that you see it that way (if you actually do) says a lot about the problem.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Because this is complete BS and merely an excuse for people to deny reality.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I got to listen to part of Comey's testimony. He responded under oath to questions about each of Trump's wiretap tweets...neither FBI nor DOJ has any evidence to support the President's claim.

Gowdy recited the failing New York Time's articles suggesting that Flynn had been in contact with the Russians about sanctions, and said he thought it was supposed to be against the law to disclose that. While I was listening, he wouldn't let Comey respond, just made speeches.

That's what I love about these 'hearings'. So many of these guys either don't know how to ask questions or just talk instead of asking questions. Gowdy knows how to ask questions, but he knows he doesn't really want answers to a lot of the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X