Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I applaud you Chance, for this post. It is intellectually consistent of you in a way I think few people are capable of being. You have expressed, like TW, DMT, and others on both sides of political issues, a belief that politics are a dirty business with high stakes. It isn't new or wrong to get dirty and rough and insulting when talking about them. So, it makes sense to me that you would not cry foul at TW's post directed at you. You know it is how the game has always been played, and you are okay with playing by those rules. I disagree that it should be that way, but I respect that you are not the type to say, "let 'em play" but then cry foul when that play style leads to someone bumping you in the paint.
    Appreciate it. Kudos to revo, at least in my view, for making it crystal clear that the rules in here were not the same as in the other forums or even in the other part of the Sports Bar. Or, to use a football analogy, this forum is under 1960s type NFL rules - head slaps, leading with the crown of the helmet, clotheslining, and leg whips are all legal; the other forums are under 2018 type NFL rules - if you land on the QB with all your weight, it's a 15-yard penalty.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Now, all that nice stuff aside, y'all do realize I'm looking for a spiking football smiley for when Kavanaugh gets voted in, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        pretty sure he's called me racist many times.
        Uhhhhh.. is this me you're talking about? Should be easy enough to find. Search the word racist with me as the user.

Might want to be more than "pretty sure" when asserting someone has called you a "racist", but I know how you "dont need to defend the things [you] post," (one of my all-time favourite CBB quotes!) so do as you will.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• lol, chance you are alright in my book. I probably was a jerk and deserved some push back when you did snap at me. Same with others I often disagree with, thats you Nots. I have on ignore only 1 person in all the online verse and it took a lot of low brow effort for them to get there. These boards are a worthwhile place, and its why I still read them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Now, all that nice stuff aside, y'all do realize I'm looking for a spiking football smiley for when Kavanaugh gets voted in, right?
            why not a "bro high 5, devils triangle" smiley?

you disgust me, but you probably already knew that.

Personally I'm glad that Teenwolf has filled the "angry young man" role once held by Sporer. I've given up expressing anything other than my personal disgust at the selfish, crypto-fascist hypocrisy I see from many of you, particularly the ones that claim to be Christian, but am pleased TW hasn't. Don't forget to donate some of your hard-won Trump bucks you don't have to spend on healthcare or the EPA when Revo and Jason pass the hat next year, you deadbeats

and of course B-Fly is the "voice of reason", that's his role here
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Sporer ran super hot? I miss el diablo, that's a different poster, right?

Comment

Now, all that nice stuff aside, y'all do realize I'm looking for a spiking football smiley for when Kavanaugh gets voted in, right?
                I'm sure I can find one for you.

I almost hope Kavanaugh gets borked to help with the election.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Appreciate it. Kudos to revo, at least in my view, for making it crystal clear that the rules in here were not the same as in the other forums or even in the other part of the Sports Bar. Or, to use a football analogy, this forum is under 1960s type NFL rules - head slaps, leading with the crown of the helmet, clotheslining, and leg whips are all legal; the other forums are under 2018 type NFL rules - if you land on the QB with all your weight, it's a 15-yard penalty.
                  I have to say I prefer the old rules. Maybe when I was in my early to mid 20s I would have loved the insults but now I'd much rather have a civil discussion with someone I disagree with. I know I'd enjoy talking to SM and B-fly because they typically dont throw around insults and they're fairly rational. Not saying I'm perfect about this...

I do vaguely remember angering fly at some point long ago....
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                    Sporer ran super hot? I miss el diablo, that's a different poster, right?
                    Yes it is

Comment

• I think he will be back if Trump loses

Comment

Sporer is possibly even more of a hothead than I am. Funny story, i remember chatting with him one year when Detroit lost the World Series (I think, bounced from playoffs anyway), and i sent an AOL instant message saying something about the Jays having a longer playoff drought. His response was something like "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE BLUE JAYS!"... So yeah, he had a real low threshold for flying off the handle. Glad he's done well in spite of it, he was an otherwise good dude.

El Diablo was an appropriate name. He came to crush skulls! Enjoyed it often, also fought with him often.

Sorry for side tracking.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

totally forgot El D, you are right, TW has taken the El Diablo mantle, Sporer tended to focus his scorn solely around baseball
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Strategically, are the Republicans better off letting Flake (on the way out) and 1 other vote NO and use the delay to pressure right wingers to come out?... OR, vote Kavanaugh in and watch as the circus of allegations and outrage continue to haunt them?

I agree with you, they're better off voting him down at this point, but likely to proceed regardless. FBI interviewed 10 people total, despite 8 witnesses provided by Blasey Ford, and 4 witnesses to the 2nd allegation... no witnesses provided for either accusation were interviewed. So if they want to proceed based on this obvious sham, I'm convinced it will be a weight around their neck going forward. The weight would become an anvil when this predator helps overturn Roe v. Wade.

I view the Republicans publishing the letter from Ketterer as a disturbing sign that they're just hell bent on muddying the waters enough to push him through. But his lies are clear and numerous, despite lack of investigation. That should be enough. Still think he will glide through.

Comment

All polling indicates a confirmation works more in our favor than not. I understand that. If our leaders can’t deliver on a GOP establishment judge who still doesn’t have a scintilla of hard evidence against him, the expectation is they’ll never be able to deliver. And besides, we need Amy Barrett to queue up next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                                totally forgot El D, you are right, TW has taken the El Diablo mantle, Sporer tended to focus his scorn solely around baseball
                                There was also Wonderboy further back. And Bhob, of course.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X