Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    This is why Republicans are in control.
    Repubs are in control because both sides acted with honor and integrity, or because Dems did? This seems like the rationale Chance uses to support Trump--i.e., "I'm tired of my side of not recognizing politics is a dirty business and we need to play as dirty or dirtier than they do to win."

I get that perspective, because the stakes are so high. Lives will be changed by the policies proposed by both sides. I firmly agree with more on the progressive side than the conservative side, so, yeah, I see being tempted by that perspective. However, again, that seems to be, in part, on how we got Trump. A lot of people admit he is deeply flawed, but many say they wanted someone to win at all cost, to go as low as needed to win. Trump did, and it worked.

Comment

• Time, Newsweek, and USA Today reported on 9/16 and 9/27 that two men have come forward and admitted that they were the ones who were with Ford.

What is your take on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Time, Newsweek, and USA Today reported on 9/16 and 9/27 that two men have come forward and admitted that they were the ones who were with Ford.

My take is that the FBI should seek to interview them and report on the apparent credibility of their admissions.

Comment

Time, Newsweek, and USA Today reported on 9/16 and 9/27 that two men have come forward and admitted that they were the ones who were with Ford.

I made not of this shortly after it was reported. Thanks for putting this back up.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Its fuel for the folks who believe the events happened, but she's mis-remembering her abusers.

It needs to be fully investigated, but on the face of it, you have to wonder about the motivations of people coming forward to take responsibility for sexual assault. This adds to the incredulity, but I support all investigative measures to ensure the truth is found.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

GOP on Judicary investigated both of these and found neither to be credible. If need be I’ll post a link. I believe that Grassley said one was debunked immediately and the other was a complete loon.
              Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 10-03-2018, 03:29 PM.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                you have to wonder about the motivations of people coming forward to take responsibility for sexual assault. This adds to the incredulity...
                I'm pretty suspect as well, but... wait, what? Haven't we all been saying that the negative reaction Ford has gotten by coming forward as a victim strengthens her claim? I can't imagine anyone outside of a militia is like hell yeah, Rapist!
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                  GOP on Judicary investigated both of these and found neither to be crediable. If need be I’ll post a link. I believe that Grassley said one was debunked immediately and the other was a complete loon.
                  Thanks!
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

GOP on Judicary investigated both of these and found neither to be crediable. If need be I’ll post a link. I believe that Grassley said one was debunked immediately and the other was a complete loon.
                    Thanks - I hadnt heard any resolution.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      Thanks - I hadnt heard any resolution.
                      I'm still seeing it show up on my more radically conservative friends' facebook feeds.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Repubs are in control because both sides acted with honor and integrity, or because Dems did? This seems like the rationale Chance uses to support Trump--i.e., "I'm tired of my side of not recognizing politics is a dirty business and we need to play as dirty or dirtier than they do to win."

I get that perspective, because the stakes are so high. Lives will be changed by the policies proposed by both sides. I firmly agree with more on the progressive side than the conservative side, so, yeah, I see being tempted by that perspective. However, again, that seems to be, in part, on how we got Trump. A lot of people admit he is deeply flawed, but many say they wanted someone to win at all cost, to go as low as needed to win. Trump did, and it worked.
                        And it will continue working. Refer back to comments by Newt Gingrich and Steve Bannon, and actions by McConnell and Trump. They will stop at nothing, no bar is too low for them to crawl under. And they're not going anywhere.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Just depressing. We live in the goblin kingdom, and wallow in muck. There is no too low, we allow someone whose morals are so twisted he coudnt land even an entry job delivering pizza is President.

Trump took stage last night and was openly mocking Ford to the crowd. After Fords testimony, even Trump himself as well as FOX admitted she was very credible and she undoubtedly was a victim. Anyone who watched would walk away saying Ford was truthful, and Kavanaugh was very loose with facts both big and small, as well as showing the opposite of judge decorum as he was doing his best impression of what he would be as an angry drunk. Just appalling.

Comment

• McConnell has called for the cloture vote on Friday, which means confirmation vote will likely be this weekend. I simply can not wait for the spectacle.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              McConnell has called for the cloture vote on Friday, which means confirmation vote will likely be this weekend. I simply can not wait for the spectacle.
                              So Trump is publicly mocking and shaming victims with thousands of lunatic Trump fanatics wildly laughing at her... and you're bringing popcorn. Millions of victims will be gutted, and further mocked and shamed into silence, and you celebrate. Sick and twisted.

I'm feeling sick over the obvious sham FBI investigation. Ramirez gave her witness info to the FBI and they never contacted the witnesses.

So revel in this atrocity, you morally bankrupt partisan hack. Bring your popcorn.

Comment

GOP on Judicary investigated both of these and found neither to be credible. If need be I’ll post a link. I believe that Grassley said one was debunked immediately and the other was a complete loon.
                                Bernie, I would appreciate the link.

It is not that I do not believe you (I do). I am wanting to show it to one of my righty friends. He has a tendency to jump on things he wants to hear and take them as gospel. He is very intelligent but sometimes jumps before checking facts.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X