No announcement yet.

Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, the illustrious "all jerkwad rapey white prep school guys look the same" defense.

Comment

• Whalen is an actual friend of Kavanaugh, is close with many top conservatives, and a former law clerk to Antonin Scalia. He's part of Kavanagh's confirmation advisory team. He's definitely not a nobody. He had access to the Facebook pages of Mark Judge and the doppelganger. He had access to their class yearbook.

And strangely, he seems to know the identity and address of the second female at the party - see his map that shows her residence that is 7 miles from the Columbia Country Club. I'm not sure who could have given him that information, since the named people (Kavanaugh, Smyth, Judge) all state they weren't there and don't even know when and where the party took place.

Comment

• B-Fly, you have a law degree, so help me out here.

taking the emotions out of it (if that's possible), how does someone informally accused of something testify first? what does he testify to? and if it's responding to a newspaper article, is that how the legal system works? and he's going to testify that he wasn't...... where?

I'm sure there's a reasonable answer. but I guess I'm used to thinking the protocol was someone formally filing a complaint, let's call it, and that then brings interest in getting a response from the accused.

I'm not using the names, because the names - and the case - aren't relevant to my question. see what I mean?

I realize this is not a criminal proceeding, but I still don't get it. and are they saying he will go first and third? I assume they'd have to bring him back once her story is heard.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          B-Fly, you have a law degree, so help me out here.

taking the emotions out of it (if that's possible), how does someone informally accused of something testify first? what does he testify to? and if it's responding to a newspaper article, is that how the legal system works? and he's going to testify that he wasn't...... where?

I'm sure there's a reasonable answer. but I guess I'm used to thinking the protocol was someone formally filing a complaint, let's call it, and that then brings interest in getting a response from the accused.

I'm not using the names, because the names - and the case - aren't relevant to my question. see what I mean?
          Which is exactly why there needs to be an investigation.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I'm not against an investigation.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              I'm not against an investigation.
              Without one, it's just a charade so they can claim they heard her story and "weighed the evidence" before confirming him. But women won't forget.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Trump's not an idiot. He just plays one on Twitter.

J
                I know two idiots
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  I know two idiots
                  But you don't know Trump. Where is this going?

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Without one, it's just a charade so they can claim they heard her story and "weighed the evidence" before confirming him. But women won't forget.
                  BS. The Republicans are already bending over backward to give her a formal hearing.

If she wanted a full investigation, we could have easily had one. instead, this was saved for the last minute.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Yes they will.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      But you don't know Trump. Where is this going?

BS. The Republicans are already bending over backward to give her a formal hearing.

If she wanted a full investigation, we could have easily had one. instead, this was saved for the last minute.

J
                      FBI investigation into Anita Hill's accusations took 3 days.

Republicans delayed Garland 14 months.

You are ridiculous.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Yes they will.
                        Republicans are hemorrhaging female supporters.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          Some credit is due to the President, here, who is advocating for a hearing, speaking respectfully about the accuser, and not remotely suggesting that the allegation should be ignored or dismissed out of hand because of how long ago it occurred, or because of Kavanaugh's age (or alcohol impairment) per the alleged incident.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/polit...ser/index.html
                          And that lasted what, one day?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            And that lasted what, one day?
                            Yea real surprising. His senior staff undoubtedly begged him to not attack her but he just can't handle not getting what he wants, like any other spoiled man-child.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Yea real surprising. His senior staff undoubtedly begged him to not attack her but he just can't handle not getting what he wants, like any other spoiled man-child.
                              I'd bet good money that is exactly how it went down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                FBI investigation into Anita Hill's accusations took 3 days.

Republicans delayed Garland 14 months.

You are ridiculous.
                                Do you remember what the FBI found? In that case, Anita Hill started with sworn testimony. In this case they tried to conceal Dr. Ford's name.

I give you Garland. That's one of the because-we-can issues that is fair only to the extent Democrats do the same sort of shit. In their case it was Bork 332 years ago.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X