No announcement yet.

2014-2015 Highball Commentary Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, all of the drafted players have been entered into Yahoo. Starting with Friday's schedule, you can start setting your lineups. Remember, all players start on reserve until you move them onto your active roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
      Yeah, I think you have the strongest team on paper. I don't really see any weaknesses.
      FT%, Rose's health pop out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
        FT%, Rose's health pop out.
        If those are the only/main concerns, I think you're in good shape.

Then again, I have no idea what I am doing, so a vote of confidence from me may not be a good thing.

Comment

• Hopefully all are getting the reminders that if you plan to contribute to League Safe for the prize pool the deadline is Nov 1st.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            Hopefully all are getting the reminders that if you plan to contribute to League Safe for the prize pool the deadline is Nov 1st.
            Can you send one to Scott W? He wants to pay up...but can't find the link...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Hopefully all are getting the reminders that if you plan to contribute to League Safe for the prize pool the deadline is Nov 1st.
              Did I pay? I tried but then got the reminder as well.

Comment

Did I pay? I tried but then got the reminder as well.
                No I don't see you are paying yet Riff. I hope you did not get it deducted from your account.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Can you send one to Scott W? He wants to pay up...but can't find the link...
                  Is his email [email protected]?

Comment

Is his email [email protected]?
                    Try this one instead...thanks.

[email protected]

-Warren Ellis

Comment

No I don't see you are paying yet Riff. I hope you did not get it deducted from your account.
                      Hopefully that worked this time!

Comment

Hopefully that worked this time!
                        Yup I see it now.

Comment

• man, in another league I'm in someone offered me LeBron for Anthony Davis, and after looking at that... man is that not even close to happening. Davis is leading the league in steals _and_ blocks? Top five in FG%, points, and rebounds, and doesn't turn the ball over? Crazy stuff.

I counter-offered him Davis and Dunleavy for LeBron and Sullinger, and I don't even know if I'm excited about that.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            man, in another league I'm in someone offered me LeBron for Anthony Davis, and after looking at that... man is that not even close to happening. Davis is leading the league in steals _and_ blocks? Top five in FG%, points, and rebounds, and doesn't turn the ball over? Crazy stuff.

I counter-offered him Davis and Dunleavy for LeBron and Sullinger, and I don't even know if I'm excited about that.
                            No sir, take that offer off the table...Davis is the best player in the league right now. I'm regretting taking Durant (and not just because of the injury), because the 'Brow is in a league of his own right now, and he's only going to get better.

On another note, Scott has been trying to pay the league safe since day one with no luck...any idea's Piney? And it's not just because he leads by 10 points now either...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              No sir, take that offer off the table...Davis is the best player in the league right now. I'm regretting taking Durant (and not just because of the injury), because the 'Brow is in a league of his own right now, and he's only going to get better.

On another note, Scott has been trying to pay the league safe since day one with no luck...any idea's Piney? And it's not just because he leads by 10 points now either...
                              It had to be paid by Nov 1st so the deadline passed. There are no late payments. We have never allowed them.

Comment

• Clearly, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just happy I creeped out of the basement for a bit.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X