2014-2015 Highball Commentary Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    Tried to message A's, but his inbox is full.
    Just cleaned it out. Back to you...

Comment

• I thought we had a list for Lindsey by now?

Comment

• Alright Gents and Lady...we need to pick up the pace a bit if we intend to finish before the season starts. I know that it's the dark days of the draft, but let's keep engaged and get this done...thanks.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• When does the season start?
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

When does the season start?
            October 28th...but I'm leaving for several days on Thursday, and won't be around to gently prod people...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

When does the season start?
              The first games are on Tuesday, October 28.

Comment

• As long as we knock out a round a day, we'll be good. And you won't have me holding up the draft in the 15th!
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Y'all must really want to get this draft done. 3 of you messaged me within 8 minutes of each other to pick.

Comment

• Jude, you gotta repick. I'm not sure why he was left off the draft list in the first post, but I took him in round 7 (see http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...l=1#post201227)
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Hay all...I'm heading out of town to a place with no internet or cell service. So Riff is going to make my last pick, and then it's all done. Thanks to all of you for making it go so smoothly...special thanks to Oak for doing all of the heavy lifting. It's appreciated more than you can know...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• So...is my team any good? I only know half of my players. I tried to avoid drafting players only because I heard of them.

Russell Westbrook OKC
                        Dirk Nowitzki Dal
                        Monta Ellis Dal
                        Kyle Lowry Tor
                        Kyle Korver Atl
                        Josh Smith Det
                        Bradley Beal Wsh
                        David West Ind
                        Tyreke Evans Nor
                        Josh McRoberts Mia
                        DeMarre Carroll Atl
                        Eric Gordon Nor
                        Channing Frye Orl
                        Jarrett Jack Bkn
                        Giannis Antetokounmpo Mil
                        Matt Barnes LAC
                        Brandon Bass Bos
                        O.J. Mayo Mil

Comment

So...is my team any good? I only know half of my players. I tried to avoid drafting players only because I heard of them.
                          Your guard play is excellent - Westbrook, Lowry, Ellis, Beal, Korver - and I think you will be among the leaders in assists, steals, and 3s. The problem may be in blocks and rebounds - not sure if you have enough there. But overall, a solid team, and could certainly finish in the upper half.

Comment

• also, you want trade? What he said is basically the inverse of my team, I suspect.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Quite happy with my draft this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                                Quite happy with my draft this year.
                                Yeah, I think you have the strongest team on paper. I don't really see any weaknesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X