Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geno in beast mode! Just one more Pens!

Comment

Not a lot to say about that one, the Rangers played a great game, the Pens didn't show, except for Geno. Anyway, on the bright side I was able to avoid watching most of the 3rd, throw that one away and get ready for Sunday.

Comment

Now that was the Rangers I know and love. One game and all that, but it was nice to see. Getting Krieder back is huge for them. I know this is his second game back but you have to give a player a pass on his first game back after a long time away. Getting him back puts the lines back in order. Nash-Stepan-Krieder and St Louis-Richards-Hagelin are much better than what they were putting out there. Though their best line is their third line. Zucarello-Brassard-Pouliot has been an amazing line for them all season.

SeaDog texted me during the game and pointed out that St Louis' mother's passing could very well be a rallying cry that can bring this team back from near death.

One thing we can all agree on; MSG will be rocking on Sunday. It'll be fun (I hope).
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

So many things to complain about the penguins play and so little time. I'm on my phone so writing a lot is too difficult and they may yet right the ship, but 2 crap the bed games in a row is unacceptable. Good game from NY early and late and Henrik was good the whole time. You know it's bad when Gibbons is probably your best player. Oiy!
          Last edited by frae; 05-13-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

The fan in me wants the Pens to win, but there is a part of me that wants some of this blown up and if the Pens get to the conference finals again they may not make enough changes. So many things wrong, so frustrating to watch. Oh well, I'm nervous already, get your crap together Pens.

Comment

I'll be quick and get out of here for a while. Well done by the Rangers, I don't want to just bash the Pens without giving credit to the Rangers. They played well, but Henrik was the difference.

I am upset they lost, but relieved that this failure has to be the one that causes change. Bylsma's style, strategy, and lineup choices were very frustrating. The Pens style works well in the regular season, but 5 years in a row of failure have shown that it doesn't work in the playoffs. I like a lot of what Shero does as the GM, but he also needs to make changes and not just changing the coach, which I imagine will be done by the end of the week. They have tons of defensive depth in the minors, they have used 5 first round picks on D men in the last 7 or 8 years, it is time to use them. People need to go from the team now and Sid and Geno both need 2 wings that are top 6 players. The bottom six needs retooled. Outside of Sutter there is no one there that is any good and the 4th line isn't even a gritty line. They need toughness from the bottom 6 and they don't have it. They should not resign Niskannen, save the money use the D depth, they can't sign Orpik either, though I wish they could, again play the young D save the money invest in the wings. Ok, that's it for now. Good job NY, I will root for Minny for the next few hours and then I'll be out of teams to root for
                Last edited by frae; 05-13-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

The playoffs are a different animal. .. pretty, not gritty works in the regular season but not in the playoffs. MAF played well, Henrik played better. Pittsburgh plays as if they are looking for an excuse. Letang was brutal, skilled but brutal on defense.

Bylsma will take the bullet most likely but Shero needs to take some shrapnel for the roster.
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                    The playoffs are a different animal. .. pretty, not gritty works in the regular season but not in the playoffs. MAF played well, Henrik played better. Pittsburgh plays as if they are looking for an excuse. Letang was brutal, skilled but brutal on defense.

Bylsma will take the bullet most likely but Shero needs to take some shrapnel for the roster.
                    This offseason will make or break Shero's long term standing here as a GM. Lots of choices to be made, the only 2 I wouldn't trade are Geno and Sid. Hire the right coach and remake the roster to win in the playoffs. I don't care if the Pens never have home ice again, but get a roster built to win in the playoffs!

Comment

classy post as usual, frae, and best of luck next season. you make a lot of really good points...
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Damm that was an a$$ kicking in MTL. Waiting to hear if Price is hurt. That could change things quite a bit.
                        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Hell of a start to the series. Regardless of Price's health if Montreal has no answer to the Rangers speed it won't matter. I kept hearing about both teams are fast and like to play a speed game but Montreal looked really slow. They had good pressure in the second period but other than that they where a step behind the whole time. The Rangers need to figure out why they suck so bad in the second period of games. Maybe it's the long change but they always seem to struggle in the second period.

Speaking of Price, I think he'll be fine. I doubt he was pulled completely due to an injury, there was no way the Habs were coming back from a 4-1 deficit so they rested him. His knee probably stiffened up during the intermission so they rested him. I'm more concerned about Brassard. I hope he's ok.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Price did not practice today......

Comment

Per Rotoworld:

Carey Price (knee) will miss the remainder of the Eastern Conference Final

Comment

Budaj is a more than capable backup goalie, despite only stopping 5 of 8 shots Saturday. He's no Carey Price but he's more than solid. Having said that, this is very good news for the Rangers. Hopefully, Kreider can make it through the game without getting beat up.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X