No announcement yet.

Basketball Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the Chris Paul vs Stephen Curry debate, my analysis is that it's a good thing we don't count turnovers... but Paul probably still had the better night.

Paul: 42 PTS, 2 3PM, 12-20 FG, 16-17 FT, 1 OREB, 1 DREB, 15 AST, 6 STL, 6 TO
    Curry: 38 PTS, 9 3PM, 14-23 FG, 1-1 FT, 0 OREB, 3 DREB, 9 AST, 0 STL, 11 TO
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      in the Chris Paul vs Stephen Curry debate, my analysis is that it's a good thing we don't count turnovers... but Paul probably still had the better night.

Of course Paul had the better line. An outstanding FT% and helps your cumulative percentage more than Curry's to go with 6 more assists and 6 steals vs 0. Stephen Curry only won the 3 pt battle in our league. FG% is about even.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

That was an awesome game to watch. Both those teams hate each other so much they don't even pray together LOL. Also, anytime Curry starts to sizzle, it's an immediate text or online message to buddies.

Comment

Anytime the top four teams in the East are playing each other, it's must watch TV. It's such competent basketball.

Comment

I may be awful at deciding who to sit and who to start, but... Vitor!!!
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I may be awful at deciding who to sit and who to start, but... Vitor!!!
              Sigh. I waited too long on him because I wasn't sure what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                Sigh. I waited too long on him because I wasn't sure what to expect.
                Considering that he was drafted at the end of the 16th round, we all had that same feeling...

My dilema is having too many injured guys...I don't want to cut them, because I think that they're all going to be able to contribute, but at the same time, I'm handcuffed when it comes to plucking the WW.

But...Aaron!
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

You right again Jude...Westbrook back last night and played 32 minutes. Good Call...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I don't like my team.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                      I don't like my team.
                      It's still better than mine.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I like Amit's team, especially with Westbrook returning so soon. Barring a couple injuries, I think he has the team to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
                          I like Amit's team, especially with Westbrook returning so soon. Barring a couple injuries, I think he has the team to beat.
                          That's every year, but don't be so modest. You are also one of the sharks in this pool.

I am just gald I grabbed Spencer Hawes when I did. He might drag me into the upper half.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Man the season has been a lot of fun so far. It's early but the reigning champs look like they are teetering. The Pacers look freaking dominant. That's a hungry and tough team. DRose hasn't worked the kinks out ... yet. And as always, I'm overjoyed that the Lakers are a mess.

Comment

Tyreke Evans... man, he's making a lot of money to be a 10th or 11th man.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Tyreke Evans... man, he's making a lot of money to be a 10th or 11th man.
                                Not on my roster.

I am still stunned by the 76ers, with Indiana and Cleveland in the mix.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X