No announcement yet.

RJ Highball Draft discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If my calculations are correct Hornsby's time of 4 hours has passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
      If my calculations are correct Hornsby's time of 4 hours has passed.
      Yup Riff can pick now. Hornsby timed out at 2:53 pm ET. I sent him a pm around 2:30 that his time was almost up.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Looks like Horns is here now. I have no issue with letting him get his picks in.

Oak has my short list of 3 - I need to hit the road.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
          I think it's about time for Westbrook to get selected. I was debating between Westbrook and Pau Gasol with this pick.
          Nice pick. I wouldn't have let him get past me. Love the Pau pick as well. Picking Westbrook essentially gives you two number ones.

Comment

It would appear that picking Hibbert over a guard, knowing I didn't have a pick in round 3, was a bad plan.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Nice pick. I wouldn't have let him get past me. Love the Pau pick as well. Picking Westbrook essentially gives you two number ones.
              My only issue with the Westbrook pick is his recent surgery...do we see a repeat of the Rose situation? Do we see a player taking half the season or more to get into playing shape? Do we see a guy limping when his entire game depends on his explosiveness? Lots of questions with that one...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I probably would have taken Kobe if he got back to me. It's putting a lot of faith in his being superhuman, but I believe it so far.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

actually, I probably would have waited until 5.03 in hopes of getting him as a second round keeper next year, but that's a little ambitious probably :P
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I was thinking about Kobe as well, but I got burned so bad with DRose last year (they kept pushing back his return date, and ultimately he never came back) that I probably would have steered clear this early in the draft with some other good and healthy alternatives still available. He certainly could be a make or break pick.

Comment

Nice pick. Picking Westbrook essentially gives you two number ones.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He was going to be mine this round; foolish thinking on my part.

Comment

I just missed being able to pick J Val myself.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        My only issue with the Westbrook pick is his recent surgery...do we see a repeat of the Rose situation? Do we see a player taking half the season or more to get into playing shape? Do we see a guy limping when his entire game depends on his explosiveness? Lots of questions with that one...
                        +1

I was not seriously thinking of him when I could have taken him. Of course, that was true last year with Kobe. Look what happened.

So far the team is looking very balanced, unlike last year.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I don't see it as a repeat of the Rose situation. A meniscus tear is far far less serious than an ACL tear. I don't see him taking half a year either. Russ was and by all accounts continues to be in phenomenal shape. From what I understand, the swelling was caused by a loose stitch.

Comment

I don't see it as a repeat of the Rose situation. A meniscus tear is far far less serious than an ACL tear. I don't see him taking half a year either. Russ was and by all accounts continues to be in phenomenal shape. From what I understand, the swelling was caused by a loose stitch.
                            Nobody forcast Rose to miss the entire season either, and then he was SURE to make it back for the playoffs, except that he didn't. We have no idea how an athlete is going to react to a major injury, especially when a 2nd surgery has to happen, to repair the 1st surgery. Doubts may creep in, one never knows. And for a player like Westbrook, who's a slasher, maybe he loses that half a step that made him so great.

It's a great gamble to take, but it's also got the potential to be a bust pick...I was going to wait until the 6th round, no chance of that happening.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Nobody forcast Rose to miss the entire season either, and then he was SURE to make it back for the playoffs, except that he didn't. We have no idea how an athlete is going to react to a major injury,
                              ...unless it's Kobe. He's going to prove the doubters wrong, even if he has to invent the doubters to do it.

Comment

LOLZ - http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/.../atlanta-hawks

Comment

Working...
                                X