RJ Highball Draft discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

I would prefer to see UDFA imputed round 16 not round 18, so they keep as a 13th. Then there is some value to drafting a player vs sifting the pool.

J
    I agree with this, except I think they should count as a 15th rounder; then they can only be kept for 4 more years instead of the current 5 years. I would even be okay with making them count as a 12th round pick, enabling them to be locked up for no more than 3 additional seasons.

Comment

12th round works for me. That was the rule our first keeper draft.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I PMed Paul. Does anyone have direct access?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          I PMed Paul. Does anyone have direct access?
          I just sent him a message on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
            I just sent him a message on Facebook.
            This will be the best way to get hold of him since he does not come around much anymore. That is is how I messaged him for the keepers.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Some of those guys weren't even on my list which worries me a bit since I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. I was definitely worried when you didn't take either of the guys on my short list. Butler was a guy I expected one of us would take. My final choice came down to Bledsoe or Batum and I decided to roll the dice on getting an extra superstar if Batum can play that way.
              I'm not sure I know what I'm doing either. I like Butler a lot but I suspect he's a better basketball player than fantasy asset. I was considering Bledsoe and Calderon.

My nominally trusted source thought I should have taken Bledsoe and Mayo.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Comin right up.

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
                  Comin right up.
                  Has your phone number changed. I can text you when your pick is up. I forgot I still had it.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                    Has your phone number changed. I can text you when your pick is up. I forgot I still had it.
                    It's the same. I'm totally cool with texts. Amit got after me nicely, but I was laid in bed with a bum back until about 4:30 my time. Just felt like trash all day.

Comment

Riff, it's actually Dwyane, not Dwayne. One of my favorite fractured spellings in sport. My least favorite spelling in sport - Buehrle.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        Riff, it's actually Dwyane, not Dwayne. One of my favorite fractured spellings in sport. My least favorite spelling in sport - Buehrle.
                        Simon's Canadian....they spell things differently up there.

I'll pick in a few...gotta decide if I want to tank free throws this season...again.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

In addition to a SF and PF, we still draft two fowards...correct?

I ask because in the roster thread, everyone is showing only one forward slot to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                            In addition to a SF and PF, we still draft two fowards...correct?

I ask because in the roster thread, everyone is showing only one forward slot to fill.
                            Yes, two forwards is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                              Yes, two forwards is correct.
                              This is correct, yes?

PG
                              SG
                              G1
                              G2
                              SF
                              PF
                              F1