In Season thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    Whatever led to it, I love it. This Nets team is nobody's pushover. At this point, anything other than a top-four seed in the Eastern Conference would be a major disappointment.
    It didn't really look that hard of a foul from Humphries. I agree with the "nobody's pushover." With D-Will, Gerald Wallace, and Mr. Kardashian, you've got some tough guys on this team. Perfect for a charisma-less Joe Johnson. He no longer has to lead.

Comment

It isnt even Christmas, and Simon is turning this league into a route. To think I traded him a top 10 player for a stiff that may not play all year. Not that it changes anything. He would be winning without it.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

No one is beating Simon's team.

This Clippers/Lakers game has playoff intensity written all over it. It's personal for the Clippers and MWP who's been trying to start a fight since the opening tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
          Here is something that will make you feel better - You are better than me though.

So why then would you trade away your best player in Cousins for a mediocre player at best in Lin? Lin doesn't even score double digits half the time, and unless James Harden goes out for an extended period of time Lin's numbers likely won't get any better. These are the kinds of trades that make no sense for you, and its unfair to the rest of us because you're giving a contending squad another 1st round player for nearly nothing. And if you are doing this trade for next season, when Lin is a deep round keeper, he's a deep round keeper because that's his value. I dont think anyone in this league can really believe this is a fair trade. IMO it's collusion, and you may have been offered something on the side for making this trade. Where do you gain visible value in this deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
            So why then would you trade away your best player in Cousins for a mediocre player at best in Lin? Lin doesn't even score double digits half the time, and unless James Harden goes out for an extended period of time Lin's numbers likely won't get any better. These are the kinds of trades that make no sense for you, and its unfair to the rest of us because you're giving a contending squad another 1st round player for nearly nothing. And if you are doing this trade for next season, when Lin is a deep round keeper, he's a deep round keeper because that's his value. I dont think anyone in this league can really believe this is a fair trade. IMO it's collusion, and you may have been offered something on the side for making this trade. Where do you gain visible value in this deal?
            Randy, you pull this crap every year...you don't like a deal and then you accuse people of collusion. Frankly, IMO, it's time for you to go...last year you accused B-Fly of colluding on a deal, and now Jude. Both are about as upstanding and honest guys as you'll meet on a forum like this. Seriously, it's ridiculous...if I was commish I'd say goodbye to you, cut off your access, and find a new owner.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

What??? While Yahoo's rankings aren't perfect, Jeremy Lin ranks higher than DeMarcus Cousins (42 vs. 83, and 59 vs. 61 if you use average stats). It's not even close to being unfair, without even considering Lin's value for next year.

BTW, that bum, James Harden (8th round pick this year), that I traded last year is currently rated number six overall by Yahoo. I really "screwed" B-Fly on that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Randy, you pull this crap every year...you don't like a deal and then you accuse people of collusion. Frankly, IMO, it's time for you to go...last year you accused B-Fly of colluding on a deal, and now Jude. Both are about as upstanding and honest guys as you'll meet on a forum like this. Seriously, it's ridiculous...if I was commish I'd say goodbye to you, cut off your access, and find a new owner.
                Do you think it's a fair trade?

Comment

Do you think it's a fair trade?
                  Absolutely...Cousins can be a huge bum, and be suspended as well, and he can play like an all star when he wishes. Lin is having a bad stretch, but in that offense, he can be a more than decent PG. As Ryno point out, Yahoo ranks have them virtually even in average stats.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                    What??? While Yahoo's rankings aren't perfect, Jeremy Lin ranks higher than DeMarcus Cousins (42 vs. 83, and 59 vs. 61 if you use average stats). It's not even close to being unfair, without even considering Lin's value for next year.

BTW, that bum, James Harden (8th round pick this year), that I traded last year is currently rated number six overall by Yahoo. I really "screwed" B-Fly on that one...

You won the league last year in large part because you were able to get Chris Paul. That deal didnt even out until the beginning of this season when Harden was dealt to the Rockets.

Take a look at game by game stats and you can see that Cousins holds more than twice the value as Lin this season. There are many games this season when Jude doesnt play Lin, so he's not even a full time starter; and he's only owned in 90% of yahoo leagues. I agree that I don't think anyone in this league would be involved in collusion, but its not right to those of us that put up money for this league have to sit back and watch our chances of winning some of it back are taken away because someone stops trying early in January. This trade is unfair for this season, just as the trade last season proved to be unfair for last season.

Comment

Piney, send Randy his money, I'll cover it for the league, and give him the boot...it's patently ridiculous.

You say that it's collusion, then you say that it's not, then you essentially say that it is again. Sheesh...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Piney, send Randy his money, I'll cover it for the league, and give him the boot...it's patently ridiculous.

You say that it's collusion, then you say that it's not, then you essentially say that it is again. Sheesh...

I recanted and said it's unfair, but if that's how you handle people that disagree with you Hornsby, then send my money and I'll go. If you had a choice today to take Cousins or Lin, like anyone else, you would take Cousins. People that play this game know that in-season yahoo player rankings make no sense, unless you also think Thaddeus Young is really a top 30 player. This trade is not close, and Jude is in contention; last season Ryno benefited from the Paul/ Harden deal, and he won the league. If this league is going to play like anything goes, then there should not be money involved.

Comment

Fine by me...I'll route it through Piney to you. How much do you think is fair?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

last season Ryno benefited from the Paul/ Harden deal, and he won the league.
                            Isn't that the purpose of making a trade? Is your argument that only trades that don't benefit teams should be made?

Comment

LOL collusion?! I've never even met Piney Boy. Lin was HIS counteroffer to what I sent him initially. He wants Lin and I want Cousins. The trade was as simple as that.
                              Last edited by JudeBaldo; 01-05-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Jude, I've already admitted that my mentioning the word "collusion" was wrong, and I apologize to you and to PB for doing so. I do think it's a right we all have to disagree with this trade or any other trade, which is why there is a "vote against trade" option.

Comment

Working...
                                X