No announcement yet.

In Season thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANyone else excited for today's games? I was salivating while looking at the full schedule.

Comment

A first for the Highball league this year as I have filled up my bench with all injured players. No wonder I am Last.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
        I'm not loving my 10th place position, but then I realized that the leaders already have 11 or 12 more games played than me so they should be way ahead in all the counting categories. Realistically, the overall standings really don't mean much until we at least get to December.
        I have been near the top thus far but haven't been over playing my guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
          A first for the Highball league this year as I have filled up my bench with all injured players. No wonder I am Last.
          Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Usual suspects.

Piney Boy is loaded, but had injury issues.
          Your team is nicely balanced and has a very good small lineup
          Amit is solid, but I wonder at his upside
          My team is very high, or very low, with a couple of stats in the middle.

J
          Just saying.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I don't think Kobe approves of Mike Browns coaching.

Comment

Nash goes out and the Lakers win. Is there a chemistry lesson in here?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Nash goes out and the Lakers win. Is there a chemistry lesson in here?

J
                Only, I think, that it takes players a bit of time to gel, get to know each other's preferences/tendencies, etc. Ultimately, I think the Lakers will be well served by having added great players like Nash and Howard. But just as the LeBron-Wade-Bosh trio took some time to gel and had numerous bumpy stretches their first year together, so will this Lakers group.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Only, I think, that it takes players a bit of time to gel, get to know each other's preferences/tendencies, etc. Ultimately, I think the Lakers will be well served by having added great players like Nash and Howard. But just as the LeBron-Wade-Bosh trio took some time to gel and had numerous bumpy stretches their first year together, so will this Lakers group.
                  Subtract one HC. How will they do with an interim?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

So somebody needs to tell my players that we're trying to execute a punt assists strategy. I didn't expect to have any double-digit assist performances all year, and now I'm up to two (Greg Monroe, James Harden), and neither one from my PG-eligible chuckers. At least K-Love is back. Watch out, league!

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      So somebody needs to tell my players that we're trying to execute a punt assists strategy. I didn't expect to have any double-digit assist performances all year, and now I'm up to two (Greg Monroe, James Harden), and neither one from my PG-eligible chuckers. At least K-Love is back. Watch out, league!
                      I know what you mean. I figured to do well in big man stats and struggle in the PG stats. So far I have been kicking tail in Ast, Stl and 3pt, but not so much in FG%, Reb and Blk.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I have this paranoid feeling that my team is only good enough to be in the bottom of the top-half. Mediocrity here we come.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                          I have this paranoid feeling that my team is only good enough to be in the bottom of the top-half. Mediocrity here we come.
                          Here is something that will make you feel better - You are better than me though.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I wonder if this...

Comment

led to this...

Comment

Whatever led to it, I love it. This Nets team is nobody's pushover. At this point, anything other than a top-four seed in the Eastern Conference would be a major disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X