Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to get the league rolling? Labor peace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piney, you're probably going to have to make an executive decision on whether the FA keeper is to be the 10th round, as J says, or the 12th, as the post Simon copied from the old site says.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

It will be a 12th rder for FAs since that was on the old site and posted here when we jumped over.

We have 7 so far signed up. 5 more to go. I will hold off on setting a draft start once we get:

1) Keepers situtated
      2) Know where the FAs windup. That means we need to know dates of everything just like the NFL.

Glad you guys found the rosters on Yahoo. They have had access to old data for years now. Just use the pull down next to the season then click your team. I have linked our league to various editions of basketball leagues run here on RJ all the way back to 2002.

Horns - Yeah I live in the Pine Barrens. I am actually just off the shooting ranges for Joint Base (McGuire, Dix, and Lakehurt). Plenty of deer, racoons, pine needles, and some quiet. Love the white deer and wild turkeys that come on my property. As for the Jersey Devil he was more down by Pomona, NJ which is where I went to college (Richard Stockton College of NJ). Rumor has it he was born on Leeds Point, Galloway Twp, NJ. Stockton was actually off of Jimmy Leeds Rd. We did many Jersey Devil walks in the Pine Barrens my freshman year. Never found anything.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Managers signed up:

1)Piney Boy - Piney Boy
        2)Oakland As - OaklandAs
        3)pjs24 - Hide Yo Kids
        4)Hornsby - Preachers
        5)onejayhawk - J's Hawks
        6)Riff Raff - Bert's Ballers
        7)B-Fly - Marlee Belles
        8)JimBobCousy - JimBobCousy
        9)JudeBaldo - Judex's Jumpers
        10)BaseballJones - BBJ's Bimbons
        11)Ryno -Ryno's Rim Rattlers

Out -
        Jwlincy

We will also once again use League Safe for the pool. Was it $25 or $20 last year? I do remember it being not necessary to play.
        Last edited by Piney Boy; 12-05-2011, 01:35 PM.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Marriage and kids must agree with Brian. Back when he would have five posts by now.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Anyone have projections from BM available? I'd appreciate getting a copy ...

Are we slow drafting again? I might need a heads up when picks are due as i'm not in forum 7 hours a day these day.

@PB - might be good to email folks who participated, if there is a grand master email list or what not.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Keepers were optional in my proposal. It was modified, but I think that stands. Note that you can keep anyone you picked up off WW, based on where he was drafted, or in round 10 if he was never drafted.

For last season's rosters. http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/2010/14672

J
              I'm not mad about the keeper rules or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                Anyone have projections from BM available? I'd appreciate getting a copy ...

Are we slow drafting again? I might need a heads up when picks are due as i'm not in forum 7 hours a day these day.

@PB - might be good to email folks who participated, if there is a grand master email list or what not.

Yes slow draft as usual.

Are the keepers optional or does everyone have to keep 2? Do you remember?

Comment

I'm in. When do we start?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    I'm in. When do we start?
                    Soon. First I need to get everyone back. Then I would like to to start after FA starts, but that might be too late. Possibly might start once every comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                      Yes slow draft as usual.

Are the keepers optional or does everyone have to keep 2? Do you remember?
                      I wrote it to be optional, though it appears to be unclear. Most teams have a late pick up they will want to keep, but the 4-8 round guys are a lot thinner. I suggest it two optional picks, cost based on round drafted:

Round 4-8 at round minus 2
                      Round 9-18 at round minus 4
                      Undrafted FA at round 12
                      If two players would fall in the same round, use the next earlier round.

BTW, based on experience in other leagues, trades should be after keepers are excersized.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

JimBobCousy - was this his handle on the old site? I have his email, but I want to also send him an invite from here.

Comment

It looks like I don't have anybody worthy of a keep. Ah, well. I like fresh starts, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                            JimBobCousy - was this his handle on the old site? I have his email, but I want to also send him an invite from here.
                            Nevermind. He just signed up. Need to get him over here.

Comment

I'm out for this year, don't really feel like putting in the work this season. If you can find someone to take my spot, I would appreciate it. I had a couple of decent keepers: Aldridge (drafted in 5th round last year) & Gortat (free agent pickup).

Thanks guys & enjoy the season.
                              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                              TE: Olsen (NA)
                              K: Lutz (7)
                              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Glad to be back in the mix after a dismal sophomore effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X