No announcement yet.

2015-2016 RJEL Hoops Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was planning to take Kris Humphries with this pick. But Kevin Martin isn't bad at this point in the draft.

Comment

Can someone please email me when Steve is up. Dude sent me a list.

Comment

ok. Steve is up!
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
          We have only gotten through 3 picks today. We have 28 players left to be selected, and about 4 days to do it, including a weekend. I think we need to be finished with the draft on Monday so everyone has time to set their starting lineup before the season starts on Tuesday.

So I propose we move to a 4 hour clock (from say 9 AM to 11 PM ET) starting on Friday, and if people get skipped, they can just post their pick whenever they can. Otherwise we're not going to get done in time.
          I agree.

Comment

Rick,

I was still surprised he was still available.

Comment

So with this new 4 hour clock (9 am - 11 pm), looks like DJ is timed out at 9:08 am this morning and can pick anytime, Preachers is up (but out of pocket), and Gasoline would be next.

Comment

Made my last pick. If anyone needs to contact me on league matters, please do so through the league. I won't be accessing RJ for any reason for several months.
                Last edited by Pogues; 10-24-2015, 11:38 AM.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

OK, the rosters are loaded on the Yahoo website: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/47081

Each team must go in and set their starting lineup before the first game. Since we are doing weekly lineups, rosters must be set before the first game on Mondays. There is no Monday game this week, but I'm not sure if roster changes will be allowed on Tuesday, so I would recommend setting your lineup before the end of Monday.

If your roster is blank, change the date to Sunday, Oct 25 and your team should be there. Rosters are empty for the 24th, but are available for every day after that.

Comment

Thanks for all of the behind the scenes work Oak - appreciated repeatedly.

Comment

Thanks for pushing this thing all the way through to the end...I had a great long weekend while you fellas toiled away here.

Special thanks to Amit for doing all the dirty work, you're the best!

Now, let's have a great season and keep active!
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I am not a fan of the weekly lineups rule. It seems to make the bench players less important - with daily transactions, you can sub in a reserve if a starting player is resting or has a minor injury. But with weekly lineups, I think subs will only be used if there is a serious injury to a starter. It also will make it more difficult to reach the 82 game limits.

Comment

I am not a fan of the weekly lineups rule. It seems to make the bench players less important - with daily transactions, you can sub in a reserve if a starting player is resting or has a minor injury. But with weekly lineups, I think subs will only be used if there is a serious injury to a starter. It also will make it more difficult to reach the 82 game limits.

I would agree with all that you're saying, but time became an issue for one of our members, he simply didn't have the time anymore to manage his team on a daily basis the way that he'd like to. So we kind of compromised on the weekly, which as you point out, has it's own issues. But we'll tweak it and maybe change back for next season. Continual evolution...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              I would agree with all that you're saying, but time became an issue for one of our members, he simply didn't have the time anymore to manage his team on a daily basis the way that he'd like to. So we kind of compromised on the weekly, which as you point out, has it's own issues. But we'll tweak it and maybe change back for next season. Continual evolution...
                              One compromise we did in my baseball league is we did weekly line-ups but you could make changes during the week if player went on DL or Off DL - Up or down on Minors- now Basketball doesn't have a DL so I would think something like - 2 to 4 moves a week after the Weekly line up. It was a good compromise between the weekly vs daily line ups.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                One compromise we did in my baseball league is we did weekly line-ups but you could make changes during the week if player went on DL or Off DL - Up or down on Minors- now Basketball doesn't have a DL so I would think something like - 2 to 4 moves a week after the Weekly line up. It was a good compromise between the weekly vs daily line ups.
                                Yahoo does not allow that that I know of.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X