No announcement yet.

2015-2016 RJEL Hoops Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amit has a great solution to DJ picking one too many, we'll just drop Robinson and keep his top 3 picks...moving on.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

agh, I thought O'Quinn was going to make it back to me.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Talked to DJ, he's all good...

C'mon Mike, gimme me an Arrrggggghhhh for Afflalo...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
          So you knew the rules and thought they didn't apply to you because it was the weekend. Add in you waited until you basically timed out again to pick? Nice going.
          You accusing me of something? I was gone most of the day yesterday and when I finally got home I rushed to get my pick in before my 6 hours was up.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            You accusing me of something? I was gone most of the day yesterday and when I finally got home I rushed to get my pick in before my 6 hours was up.
            Hi

Both Pogues and Piney Boy are guys I really feel I actually get along with quite well.

I don't think we need to get worked up over a draft commentary on this one.

PB - your post was a bit harsh, not like you normally. Hope you are doing well.
            Pogues - long established league tired of drama from some previous owners - you posted pissed off, got a reaction.

Can we please let it be from here guys? I personally have long standing positive relationships with both of you and I don't think either of you need to get into this. I also don't think, in the case you do not know each other well, you might get on quite well given a new chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
              Hi

Both Pogues and Piney Boy are guys I really feel I actually get along with quite well.

I don't think we need to get worked up over a draft commentary on this one.

PB - your post was a bit harsh, not like you normally. Hope you are doing well.
              Pogues - long established league tired of drama from some previous owners - you posted pissed off, got a reaction.

Can we please let it be from here guys? I personally have long standing positive relationships with both of you and I don't think either of you need to get into this. I also don't think, in the case you do not know each other well, you might get on quite well given a new chance.
              Yes sir.

I was just explaining why I picked with so little time left of my 6 hour clock. I spent time with friends of mine I don't get to see very often, celebrating their anniversary. I blame vintage drafting on my getting annoyed so quickly being accused of slow picking, or wasting time or whatever.

And I wouldn't have been so pissed off if Natrix hadn't taken Deng.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I can't pick for another hour or so. If need be, skip me. I'll pick when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                  I can't pick for another hour or so. If need be, skip me. I'll pick when I get home.
                  No sweat, just do it ASAP...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    No sweat, just do it ASAP...
                    Not feeling well, all kinds of crap I had to do with family...picking now.

Comment

Alright gents, it's up to you guys to get the last few rounds done...I'm off the grid for the next 5 days. Gently prompt people who are up and we'll get this done...thanks for all the help, I appreciate it more than you know. I hope to make my next pick, but I'll see...have fun and be nice to each other!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

We have only gotten through 3 picks today. We have 28 players left to be selected, and about 4 days to do it, including a weekend. I think we need to be finished with the draft on Monday so everyone has time to set their starting lineup before the season starts on Tuesday.

So I propose we move to a 4 hour clock (from say 9 AM to 11 PM ET) starting on Friday, and if people get skipped, they can just post their pick whenever they can. Otherwise we're not going to get done in time.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                          So I propose we move to a 4 hour clock (from say 9 AM to 11 PM ET) starting on Friday, and if people get skipped, they can just post their pick whenever they can. Otherwise we're not going to get done in time.
                          I squished this idea into another post a few days back. I agree. Interest dwindles at the end of drafts and we do need to get this done.

Comment

works for me.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

agree

Comment

Works for me too. Not any finds this low anyway.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X