Browns trade T Rich to Colts for 1st rounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by griswold View Post
    Sigh....as a Browns fan....I truly believe that they are pulling the stunt that the Colts did to get Luck.

Get the #1 pick overall and then take the Colts 1st rd pick and trade up to get another Top 5 pick.
    The browns might pick top 5. Might not. There is no way they pick #1 IMO.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

some rumor has them going after Kirk Cousin in another trade.

They have 2 #1 - 2 #3 and 2 # 4 I think

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
        The Browns don't play the Jags this year, do they? That would be one scary game...both trying to tank. Be a bit like that boxing match from Diggstown...if anyone else actually ever watched that movie.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          The Browns don't play the Jags this year, do they? That would be one scary game...both trying to tank. Be a bit like that boxing match from Diggstown...if anyone else actually ever watched that movie.

December 1st in Cleveland

Comment

I like that movie.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

The Browns know T-Rich more than anybody else does. They took him 3rd overall, and will get a pick probably around 20 or so in exchange for him. Might there be something about T-Rich's attitude / personal life that has concerned them?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                The Browns know T-Rich more than anybody else does. They took him 3rd overall, and will get a pick probably around 20 or so in exchange for him. Might there be something about T-Rich's attitude / personal life that has concerned them?
                This is what scares me. Is he a headcase or a me player? I am hoping if anything it's a case of I can't stand playing for a loser or this organization.
                Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by usfsucks View Post
                  December 1st in Cleveland
                  So if someone fumbles and no one picks it up what is the rule? I can see both teams running away from the ball. Jax player - "you guys can score", Clev player - "No, you guys pick it up and score"

Comment

That's doubtful.

He's been, like I argued in another thread, completely non-explosive. He has the least amount of carries of 20+ yards since the start of last season, and a career YPC average of 3.4. So the Brownies are likely thinking, well, we have bigger fish to fry and if the #3 overall player can't do anything, that what the hell, start again and use McGahee or some other scrub because they can't be worse. Plus, he was an old regime player.

Now let's also remember the Brownies had the #3 and #21 overall picks in the 2012 NFL Draft, and where did that get them.

Comment

I feel sorry for the Browns fans, they not only lost their real team, now they have to put up with this group of idiots in charge. Nice move, take a 2nd year player who almost all personal evaluators say is the real deal, a true stud RB, and deal him off for a draft pick that at best is going to be in the high teens. Don't forget that they traded UP to keep the Vikes from taking him...I believe they gave up a 2nd rounder for that one. Idiots...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

That is one of my favorite movies!

Comment

It's possible. I see it more as when a new CEO comes in to an underperforming company and works quickly to undo a bunch of the things the previous CEO did in order to "put his own stamp on things." I think that's what Joe Banner did here. He's decided that the Browns are rebuilding and having two first rounders next year is the best way for them to do it.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Don't forget that they traded UP to keep the Vikes from taking him...I believe they gave up a 2nd rounder for that one. Idiots...
                            Different group of decision-makers who don't care what the previous group did.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Different group of decision-makers who don't care what the previous group did.
                              Sure, but it's the same fans who have had to put up with 15 years of ineptness across numerous regimes. And dumping what will be the top two offensive picks just a year after they were selected is not only ballsy, but yet another slap in the face. How many times can one team rebuild? How many times can their top draft picks be useless?

The Browns have almost as much relevance now as they did from '96-'98, when they didn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
                                Why not?

They play the Jags in December....there's no way they win a game this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X