• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week One Discussion Thread

Witten is active

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Witten is active
    They'll need a lot more than a gimpy Witten.

Comment

Working till 9 so I'm missing kickoff. :-(

Comment

Welcome to the NFL, rook.

Comment

Some truly crappy football tonight...both teams look like it's the 1st exhibition game.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

The replacement refs have done well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              The replacement refs have done well so far.
              Yeah weird clip call on the return and they missed the Scandrick hold on Cruz but overall theyve been solid.

This has been a pathetic showing so far both ways. Cruz with a few drops, one for Bennett as well. Nicest surprise has been Rivers, if he stays healthy that could be a Jerry Reese coup.

Comment

Yeah, and even the end zone penalty was 3rd down after the Giants went backwards on 2 plays from the 2. recommended: go 2 yards in 2 plays, no matter who the refs are.

Refs outplaying the players so far.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Another drop for Cruz.....

Comment

NFC East standings

Eagles 0-0
                    Replacement Refs 0-0
                    Cowboys 1-0
                    Redskins 0-0
                    Giants 0-1

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      I also think that David Wilson owners have to be extremely sad with their man's performance yesterday. Fumbling the ball was about the last thing a Wilson owner wanted to see, as he'd come into the league with a reputation for putting it on the ground and lived up to that rep almost immediately. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants shy away from using him for a while now. Did he even touch the ball after the fumble?
                      Only on kickoff returns, not a touch from scrimmage. Apparently, he was seen crying on the sideline after the fumble...good to see that he's taking it so seriously, because Coughlin certainly does.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I also think that David Wilson owners have to be extremely sad with their man's performance yesterday. Fumbling the ball was about the last thing a Wilson owner wanted to see, as he'd come into the league with a reputation for putting it on the ground and lived up to that rep almost immediately. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants shy away from using him for a while now.
                        I hope you're right!

Who, me? Well, yes, I am a Bradshaw owner.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I also think that David Wilson owners have to be extremely sad with their man's performance yesterday. Fumbling the ball was about the last thing a Wilson owner wanted to see, as he'd come into the league with a reputation for putting it on the ground and lived up to that rep almost immediately. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants shy away from using him for a while now. Did he even touch the ball after the fumble?
                          Agreed, they'll keep handing Bradshaw the ball until they regain confidence in Wilson, which could be a couple of games.

Comment

provocative take on Schottenheimer vs Coughlin:

I was more inclined to say Marty made his own bed, but it's an interesting analysis that makes me wonder a little. Throw in the Tyree helmet catch, the key Cowboys drop that would have eliminated the Giants in that 1st round, the fumbled punt that Coughlin didn't coach in last year's NFC title game, etc. and....

Well, it's interesting.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              provocative take on Schottenheimer vs Coughlin:

I was more inclined to say Marty made his own bed, but it's an interesting analysis that makes me wonder a little. Throw in the Tyree helmet catch, the key Cowboys drop that would have eliminated the Giants in that 1st round, the fumbled punt that Coughlin didn't coach in last year's NFC title game, etc. and....

Well, it's interesting.
                              And if the Bills had won the 4 Super Bowls they were in, Jim Kelly would be the unquestioned greatest QB who ever lived!

Comment

Working...
                              X