Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Seau Dead

Wow.....

11:06 AM PDT -- A man just came out of the house appearing extremely distraught ... and he is now talking with law enforcement. Cops in Oceanside, CA are investigating a possible shooting involving former NFL star Junior Seau ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ. We spoke with an investigator in the coroner's office .. who told us they got a call to respond to the scene ... though the details surrounding the situation are still unclear. Cops are currently at a residence where 43-year-old Junior is believed to be staying. People in law enforcement are telling us Junior Seau is dead ... but we are unable to confirm that right now.

whether or not it's true, TMZ's coverage of this is hilarious. It's worth a look just for the laugh.

Comment

It appears official that Seau is dead, and suicide is the likely cause.

TMZ:
      NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and cops are investigating a shooting ... multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ. Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife. Cops are currently at Seau's home -- located in San Diego County -- and were seen talking with a man who was inside the house and appeared distraught. We're told Seau sent text messages to his ex-wife and 3 kids yesterday saying, "Love you." We're told they all responded and didn't suspect anything was wrong.* We're told he last saw his kids 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Pretty crazy if true. Although there were no tell tales signs from what it seems, he did "accidently" drive off a cliff a year or two ok. Clearly an emotional guy throughout his career and one who took several hits to the head.

Comment

self-inflicted gunshot to the chest.

Crazier still, he's the 8th player from the 1994 Chargers to pass away. All those players died under the age of 45.

Comment

Wow. He was such an icon here in San Diego and truly a pleasure to watch on the field. Very, very sad. The number of players who seem completely unfit for life after football -- either mentally, physically, or both -- seems to be increasing at an alarming rate.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Crazier still, he's the 8th player from the 1994 Chargers to pass away. All those players died under the age of 45.
              • Starting LB David Griggs, 28, died in a car accident five months after the Super Bowl
              • Backup RB Rodney Culver, 26, died in a plane crash on May 11, 1996
              • Backup LB Doug Miller, 28, died after being struck by lightning in July 1998
              • Backup C Curtis Whitley, 39, died from a drug overdose on May 11, 2008
              • Starting DE Chris Mims, 38, died of heart failure on Oct. 15, 2008
              • DT Shawn Lee, 44, died of cardiac arrest brought on by double pneumonia in Feb. 2011.
              • Lew Bush, LB, 42, suffered a heart attack at his home in San Diego in Dec. 2011.
              • Junior Seau…

Not sure if I should bring up the irony of being a former charger struck by a bolt of lightning, but I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                • Starting LB David Griggs, 28, died in a car accident five months after the Super Bowl
                • Backup RB Rodney Culver, 26, died in a plane crash on May 11, 1996
                • Backup LB Doug Miller, 28, died after being struck by lightning in July 1998
                • Backup C Curtis Whitley, 39, died from a drug overdose on May 11, 2008
                • Starting DE Chris Mims, 38, died of heart failure on Oct. 15, 2008
                • DT Shawn Lee, 44, died of cardiac arrest brought on by double pneumonia in Feb. 2011.
                • Lew Bush, LB, 42, suffered a heart attack at his home in San Diego in Dec. 2011.
                • Junior Seau…

Not sure if I should bring up the irony of being a former charger struck by a bolt of lightning, but I will.
                I remember the Culver one. He was on the Valujet plane that crashed into the Everglades.

Shocked about Seau. Any chance he had CTE? Sounds alot like how Dave Duerson committed suicide and wanted his brain intact.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  Shocked about Seau. Any chance he had CTE? Sounds alot like how Dave Duerson committed suicide and wanted his brain intact.
                  It sure does.

That press conference was pretty painful, with his mom wailing "take me, not my son!" Hard to watch. What a sad story.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    If it comes out similarly to the Duerson story, where Seau had ongoing issues with post-concussion syndrome, I think the fallout on the NFL might be big.

Honestly, these kinds of stories make me think twice about wanting my son to play football as he grows up. The aftershocks that we've seen from getting your brain jarred over and over again are terrible and extremely serious for the rest of your life. Am I just being paranoid? I mean, do you guys let your kids play football?
                    Nope!

Should I have kids, I wouldn't allow them to play football knowing what I know. I know I'll look like a hypocrite because I'm a fan of the game and having fought four Muay Thai fights, but I wouldn't have it in me to see my kid get hit in the head.

Comment

Hopefully this thread can be brought back on track, guys. Otherwise we'll have to lock it.

Comment

Yeah non RJ agenda censorship. Sounds about right for this place. And from another guy with a dead pool roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                          Yeah non RJ agenda censorship. Sounds about right for this place.
                          This isn't about agendas. It's about courtesy and language and flame wars. And I deleted the posts attacking you as well as your original post. Don't push for a suspension by trying to reignite the flame war.

Comment

Very emotional interview with Marcellus Wiley:

Former teammates, friends and those who admired Junior Seau react to his death at age 43.

Comment

Well this sucks. I met him once at his restaurant and he gave me and my friend as much time as we wanted chatting him up. Very personable, very talented player and obviously very troubled man. He will be missed.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X