No announcement yet.

Super Bowl XLVI: Giants vs. Patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Giants do have some morons in their fanbase -- I remember a game where some of them started throwing iceballs and one of them hit and injured a cameraman -- but all teams do. It does seem like the Jets have more. For years it was a thing for hordes of them to gather on the concourse before and after games and at halftime and yell at every attractive woman that walked by to doff their shirt.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I witnessed the amusing vibe between Jet Nation and Colts Fanbase in 2010 in Indy for 2010 AFC title game.

Bottom line mainly was Jets fans talking trash, the "Indy Nice" crowd admiriing their travels in response - and Jets fans picking up the tab after that surprising act of benevolence.

Mrs Judge is a Hoosier, so I wasn't surprised.

One bar owner told me after that he was shocked that the Jets fans drained every keg, 1st time ever.
      But he said they were the best tippers ever as well.
      And the the fan base he didn't look to see again in comparison was..... the Patriots...
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        As do I.
        Did I offend you with my 49er posts earlier during the playoffs? If so, I apologize for my enthusiasm. I meant no harm and didn't think it would ruffle feathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          The Giants do have some morons in their fanbase -- I remember a game where some of them started throwing iceballs and one of them hit and injured a cameraman -- but all teams do. It does seem like the Jets have more. For years it was a thing for hordes of them to gather on the concourse before and after games and at halftime and yell at every attractive woman that walked by to doff their shirt.
          LoL says the Philly fan whose fellow fans beat up war heroes standing online for a cheesesteak. You can't say one word about moron fans with the city you root for.

Comment

Where is the juice in this thread? Are you guys that apathetic towards this game.

Big Pat fan, and I am so pumped for this game I can hardly contain myself.

Brady never plays 2 bad games in a row, and I expect him to be at his best.

Expect Steven Ridley to have a big game. Yes I said it! Steven Ridley! He is an explosive back with speed, but his fumbling issues has kept him on the bench. I expect him to have a big role Sunday.

I also expect the Pats underated D-line to put enough pressure on Eli to force a couple of turnovers.

This game will be close for 3 qtrs, but I think Eli will throw a pick late to seal the game for the Pats.

Pats 38 - Giants 23.

Comment

D-Line: >>>Giants
              D-Backs: >Giants
              Linebackers: >Giants
              O-Line: even
              Running Backs: >Giants
              Wide Receivers: >Giants
              Tight Ends: >>>Pats
              Quarterback: >Pats
              Special Teams: even
              Momentum: >>Giants
              Experience: even

This isn't Eli's 1st walk in the park, I don't care if Brady has 20 Super Bowls to his credit. And while Brady is a legend, there may be no hotter QB in the league right now than Eli.

The defense has been spectacular. If the Giants can pressure Brady and Gronk isn't 100%, the one-dimensional Pats won't know what hit them.

The Pats beat an overmatched Denver team and a solid, if unspectacular Ravens team to advance. The G-Men pounded the 13-3 Falcons, whipped the defending 15-1 champion Packers in Lambeau, and stood toe to toe with a Niner team at home that had just upset the Saints. The momentum clearly is on the Giants' side.

Giants 27, Pats 17

Comment

Well, the Pats fan and the Giants fan each see double-digit victories for their team, lol. I think this can and hopefully will be a very close and competitive game. If I were setting the line for this game, it'd be EVEN. Although I'm a Jets' fan first, I'll be pulling for the locals. I really think Eli Manning has been amazing this year and this post-season, such that I won't even give the Pats the edge at QB. I will give them the edge at Head Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

The Pats beat an overmatched Denver team and a solid, if unspectacular Ravens team to advance. The G-Men pounded the 13-3 Falcons, whipped the defending 15-1 champion Packers in Lambeau, and stood toe to toe with a Niner team at home that had just upset the Saints. The momentum clearly is on the Giants' side.

Giants 27, Pats 17
                  I'm all for being enthusiastic about your team's chances, but the Falcons lost to Houston, New Orleans twice, Chicago, Tampa Bay, and Green Bay this year. I'm no mathematician, but that's more than three losses. They also suck on the road, so I would focus more on the impressive wins over the Packers and Niners than the Falcons win.

All that being said, I think the Giants win 27-21

Comment

Originally posted by GTAXI View Post
                    Where is the juice in this thread? Are you guys that apathetic towards this game.
                    I hate both teams. With a passion. I'll still watch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                      LoL says the Philly fan whose fellow fans beat up war heroes standing online for a cheesesteak. You can't say one word about moron fans with the city you root for.
                      You're a troll.

Comment

I have a huge bet with my step daughter (dinner ) and i have the Pats.

So lets Go Pats!!
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Giants fans winning the "fan presence" so far in downtown (and painfully overcrowded) Indy so far.....
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

As someone who has no dog in this fight, I can see the Pats winning by 10, and maybe more.

Giant fans anointing their team as the far superior one is rapidly becoming annoying...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              As someone who has no dog in this fight, I can see the Pats winning by 10, and maybe more.

Giant fans anointing their team as the far superior one is rapidly becoming annoying...
                              To your point....

IT APPEARS the Giants don’t think they even need to play Sunday. The official team website accidentally posted an image Saturday announcing that the Giants had won Super Bowl XLVI — mor…

Comment

How much must this suck?

"Tiquan Underwood, the guy who loved being a Patriot so much that he did that to his hair, was released by the team on Saturday, just hours before the Super Bowl.

It's callous and it's cold-blooded, but that's football, and that's Bill Belichick. I'm sure that Underwood is emotionally devastated, but that's a head coach's job. If he feels like another player might help a little more on Sunday, even if it's just for one play, then it's the coach's job to make that decision. Feelings aren't a part of it."

Comment

Working...
                                X