wow, unreal. Post all SB chat here!

Comment

Rematch. I see an ass kicking coming.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

+167 vs -6 in regular season point differential is not encouraging for the Giants, even with the head-to-head win.
        But the Pats beat up on mediocre teams all season. It may not matter now that the Giants couldn't handle the Redskins (twice), or the Seahawks.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Don't know the spread but give me the Giants. Good defense vs. no defense (I think I used that same line vs the Ravens).

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            +167 vs -6 in regular season point differential is not encouraging for the Giants, even with the head-to-head win.
            But the Pats beat up on mediocre teams all season. It may not matter now that the Giants couldn't handle the Redskins (twice), or the Seahawks.
            I don't think there's anyone who would confuse the team that was once 7-7 with the team that was on the field yesterday.

I don't know how it happened, but the Giants have become perhaps the most well-rounded team of all the combatants in the post-season. They sure have had their share of incredible luck (Kyle Williams, Victor Cruz's 99-yd TD, Nicks' hail mary) but this unit just KO'd three teams whose combined record was 38-10. Just remarkable.

Comment

I don't really agree that the Pats have no defense -- more like bendable. But they make plays usually when they need to. The Giants are the Ravens to me with a better pass attack. This game is going to be a true dogfight.

Can't wait!
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                I don't really agree that the Pats have no defense -- more like bendable. But they make plays usually when they need to. The Giants are the Ravens to me with a better pass attack. This game is going to be a true dogfight.

Can't wait!
                The Giants have a bit more than just a better passing attack. They have, I think we should all now acknowledge, an elite QB who essentially cancels out the Brady advantage on the other side. This is a matchup of two great QBs, each who has shown an ability to thrive under post-season pressure/expectations and each who has an impressive arsenal of weapons to catch the ball. And if, in fact, the Giants and Pats are essentially equals in the passing game, I think the Giants have the Super Bowl edge, because I think despite a putrid stretch earlier in the season for both the running game and the defense, the Giants running game and defense is now clicking better than the Pats'.

Comment

"No defense" is way overstating it. The Pats have played much better on D in recent weeks. They haven't faced an O playing as well as this one, though.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Plus the Giants ranked 32nd in rushing yards and yards per attempt. They had a huge game against Atlanta were ok against Green Bay (95 yards), and yesterday they understandably mostly struggled against the 49ers' run D.

I'm not sure that one Falcons game means all is right with that world. And they still can't convert 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 rushing tries.

But clearly they are a much better team overall now than in late fall, and yes they are healthier. And Eli has raised his game another notch after a 16-INT regular season.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      I hate when Super Bowls have two teams that I actively dislike. I could have sorta rooted for either the Ravens or for the Niners but not these teams. Looks like another drinkin' Super Bowl with a tiny bit of watching sprinkled in!
                      I feel the same way. I want to root for the Giants, being the local team and all, but damn, there are some really obnoxious Giants fans running their mouths and making it very difficult to cheer for them.

Comment

Hey, that's why they invented those "box pools" at the office, with 100 random squares.
                        If you buy 4 or 5, you have a shot at getting "0 0" or "7 3" or something sweet, which would definitely add to the interest.

If not, you can play pool or beer pong until you hear someone scream "SAFETY!" from the living room.
                        If that happens, grab a seat on the couch from the departing guys who thought they had the "sweet numbers."

I don't care who wins, either (I see equal parts Giants squeaker, Pats squeaker, or Pats blowout).
                        Last edited by Judge Jude; 01-24-2012, 09:36 AM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                          I feel the same way. I want to root for the Giants, being the local team and all, but damn, there are some really obnoxious Giants fans running their mouths and making it very difficult to cheer for them.
                          I know what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                            I know what you mean.
                            As do I.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

fyi, the Giants and their fans in the NJ/NY area are considered quite genteel compared to the frothy Jets horde....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                              X