NFC Championship Game Thread: Giants vs. 49ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Once again, has NOBODY figured out that Davis should always be doubled? It's insane...
    Seriously.

Did anyone else catch that the Lambeau Leap is 'grandfathered in' regarding unsportsmanslike celebrations? Ridiculous.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Seriously.

Did anyone else catch that the Lambeau Leap is 'grandfathered in' regarding unsportsmanslike celebrations? Ridiculous.
      I knew that already.

What's more ridiculous is how overboard they've gone in flagging "unsportsmanlike" celebrations. These are humans, not robots.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

great first half by the G-Men....Victor Cruz is out of his mind. 30 minutes to go, I'm sayin my prayers....

Comment

2 good games, 3 huge goats.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

GG

5char

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              GG

5char
              Soju?
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

No - he needed 5 characters to post. Heartbreaker for the Niners.

Time for the rematch!
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Eli 1st QB in NFL history to win 5 road playoff games. I'm not a fan but his critics are running out of ammo.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Tynes kicks a game-winning FG in OT of NFC Championship game to send Giants to the Super Bowl against the New England Patriots.

Surely a once-in-a-lifetime event.
                    #2008tweets

Giants are 1st team ever to be outscored by their opponents in the regular season and then make the Super Bowl (-6, vs +172 for Pats, but Giants won at NE in head-to-head).
                    Last edited by Judge Jude; 01-22-2012, 11:11 PM.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      No - he needed 5 characters to post. Heartbreaker for the Niners.

Time for the rematch!
                      I'm old...GG?
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm old...GG?
                        = Good game

omigod....unreal. Hats off to the Niners, I've thought of them all season long as the '84 Bears. A few more parts on offense and they're a dynasty. That defense is ferocious.

What can I say as a Giants fan? I mean, this was a team that even the most committed fan would have hoped for just a playoff berth, and now they're in their 5th SB (two of which were highly unpredicted). Just 5 weeks ago, Tom Coughlin and Perry Fewell were thinking about placing their homes on the market, and every NFL fan thought of the NFC East as a disappointment. Who would've thought that a team other than NO/GB would be here?

Eli, you da man, win or lose.

Comment

"and now they're in their 5th SB (two of which were highly unpredicted)"

which of the last 3 was predicted?
                          even the 2000 home win over Vikings came in a season where the Giants got a surprising bye, no?

I was glad to see Pereira say that 'no fumble' call late was a good one, in terms of controversy.
                          49ers almost surely would have won if that was a fumble, but if he says forward progress was reached.....

I do always feel bad for teams who get stuck with special teams chokes like the Ravens and 49ers did today, though.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

next!

Comment

Eli has had an excellent year and career.

But this whole "most career playoff road wins with 5" is about as relevant as Bernie Williams having the postseason HR record with about 28 HR in 550 AB (wow, that's awesome!).

One of the immortals who Eli broke the tie with is... Mark Sanchez (and maybe Flacco).

Has Tom Brady even PLAYED in five road playoff games? Let's not ding the guy for those pesky byes he keeps getting year after year.

NOT a knock on Eli, either. Or Bernie Williams. But some stats are junk.

The new format means that a great 12-4 team might play an awful 9-7 team on the road, and we're being asked to compare that to the 1970s 4-team postseason conference setup, where a first-round road game was 4 vs 1. Wow, that was hard to win?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Eli has had an excellent year and career.

But this whole "most career playoff road wins with 5" is about as relevant as Bernie Williams having the postseason HR record with about 28 HR in 550 AB (wow, that's awesome!).

One of the immortals who Eli broke the tie with is... Mark Sanchez (and maybe Flacco).

Has Tom Brady even PLAYED in five road playoff games? Let's not ding the guy for those pesky byes he keeps getting year after year.

NOT a knock on Eli, either. Or Bernie Williams. But some stats are junk.

The new format means that a great 12-4 team might play an awful 9-7 team on the road, and we're being asked to compare that to the 1970s 4-team postseason conference setup, where a first-round road game was 4 vs 1. Wow, that was hard to win?

It's relevant in that road playoff games are incredibly tough to win. I agree that the true greats usually do not play on the road, but if you walk down NFL history, it's remarkable how many great QBs were unable to win on the road.

FYI, Brady is 3-2 in road playoff games.

Comment

Working...
                                X