NFC Championship Game Thread: Giants vs. 49ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
    Jude, Giants fans seem to be confident no matter who they're playing. All the talk last week was how the Giants were surely going to beat the Packers, and although that turned out to be the result, most reasonably-minded people didn't think it was a sure thing. So after beating the Packers handily, the city is very confident in the team's chances this weekend, and of course, callers on the radio are already talking about who they'd rather face in the Super Bowl, New England or Baltimore. I've heard a lot of people comparing this team to the 2007 Giants, so yeah, overall the city's confidence is very high.
    Yeah, I agree with this. The confidence level is pretty high. Heck, I'm thinking about putting a hundy on the G-Men to win the Super Bowl too!

Comment

Tebow will pull off a miracle.

Sorry. Couldnt resist.

I like the G Men in thismatchup, which dooms them.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Jude, Giants fans seem to be confident no matter who they're playing. All the talk last week was how the Giants were surely going to beat the Packers, and although that turned out to be the result, most reasonably-minded people didn't think it was a sure thing. So after beating the Packers handily, the city is very confident in the team's chances this weekend, and of course, callers on the radio are already talking about who they'd rather face in the Super Bowl, New England or Baltimore. I've heard a lot of people comparing this team to the 2007 Giants, so yeah, overall the city's confidence is very high.
        I love New York and its denizens, but should the 49ers win, it'll make that victory even sweeter because of the sentiments you mentioned above. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Antrel Rolle
          I might be a little biased, but in our minds, we can't be beat
          Originally posted by Donte Whiter
          Out here in San Fran we let our Shoulder Pads do all the talking….haha
          Originally posted by Anthony Davis
          Are the Giants doing drunk interviews? lol
          I love it! This is going to be a war on Sunday. With the rain and mud it's going to resemble the opening scene in Gladiator.

Comment

The stick is a swamp anyway when the tide comes in, so expect a mud bowl. I like the under....

(after checking the tidal chart, we'll have one of the highest tides of the month at 10am (6.7) but the game start is an hour before the lowest tide of the month (-1)
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              The stick is a swamp anyway when the tide comes in, so expect a mud bowl. I like the under....

(after checking the tidal chart, we'll have one of the highest tides of the month at 10am (6.7) but the game start is an hour before the lowest tide of the month (-1)
              I forgot about the drainage system. It is horrendous.

Comment

always take the points if you think the other team can win. it's all about price volatility. getting the most ppl to bet. i guessed 7.5 and 2.5 before the lines came out. i would tease both underdogs. or take the Giants straight up.

Comment

Not to mention that Mayor Bloomberg and Governor Christie are already squawking about where the Giants' Super Bowl victory parade should be held.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Not to mention that Mayor Bloomberg and Governor Christie are already squawking about where the Giants' Super Bowl victory parade should be held.
                    ugh, and New York team fans wonder why everyone roots against their teams

Comment

ugh, and New York team fans wonder why everyone roots against their teams
                      No we don't wonder. We don't care what other fans think.

Comment

We know that no one else is rooting for us in SF....
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                          No we don't wonder. We don't care what other fans think.
                          not true, a lot of the fans take great offense to the fact that everyone else roots against them. Maybe I shouldn't have said "wonder"

Comment

Looks like it's gonna be a wet one. Can't wait.

Attached Files

Comment

All things being equal, I think a 49er victory tomorrow hinges on how well we run the football. I think if Frank were to rush 30x, our offensive line will punish the Giants front and give Alex time in the latter quarter of the game. It's almost as if we've been saving Frank for a game just like this.

And as much pub as the Giants defensive line receives, I like ours just as much as.

Comment

Once again, has NOBODY figured out that Davis should always be doubled? It's insane...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X