Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that championship game...

sucked...so who's the champ???
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Uhhh...I'd say that's pretty self-evident. The BCS Bowl is essentially the Super Bowl of college football. Much as I hate admitting it, it's pretty clear the SEC was the class of college football this year. None of their top three teams had a non-conference loss and wins against Penn State (Alabama, before the PSU meltdown), Kansas State (Arkansas pounded them), West Virginia and Oregon (both slapped around by LSU).

I'm all for a playoff, but there's no doubt this year who the best two teams were, and the winner is the national champ.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Uhhh...I'd say that's pretty self-evident. The BCS Bowl is essentially the Super Bowl of college football. Much as I hate admitting it, it's pretty clear the SEC was the class of college football this year. None of their top three teams had a non-conference loss and wins against Penn State (Alabama, before the PSU meltdown), Kansas State (Arkansas pounded them), West Virginia and Oregon (both slapped around by LSU).

I'm all for a playoff, but there's no doubt this year who the best two teams were, and the winner is the national champ.
      And that about does it.

Comment

Yep, I'm as big of a BCS-critic as anyone but 'Bama was clearly the best team this year. To say otherwise is silly, sorry Mith.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Yep, I'm as big of a BCS-critic as anyone but 'Bama was clearly the best team this year. To say otherwise is silly, sorry Mith.
          So OK State wouldn't have beaten either team? I think they would have ..and so do many many other people...

They came, they saw, they conquered. Against the No. 4 Stanford Cardinal and all the hype surrounding the potential No. 1 draft pick in QB Andrew Luck, the Oklahoma State Cowboys proved their worth and came out on top in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl...
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by mithrandir View Post
            so ok state wouldn't have beaten either team? I think they would have ..and so does a biased/homer/fan page

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-fiesta-bowl
            ftfy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              So OK State wouldn't have beaten either team? I think they would have ..and so do many many other people...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-fiesta-bowl
              On any given game, anything can happen. But 9 times out of 10 - and that might just be low - either Alabama or LSU slaps Okie State or Stanford around. LSU simply dominated Oregon - up 17 after three, up 20 when it mattered in the 4th. And Oregon simply flogged Stanford.

Comment

Exactly the point why the BCS sucks..anything can happen on any given day. But your 9 out of 10 is simply your opinion..my opinion is different.

Comment

Exactly the point why the BCS sucks..anything can happen on any given day. But your 9 out of 10 is simply your opinion..my opinion is different.
                  Based on what? Show me how the top 3 Big 12 teams fared better against premium opponents than the top 3 of the SEC. Or explain to me how OSU barely beating the second best team in the Pac 12 is stronger than LSU walloping the best team in the Pac 12. Or how losing to Iowa State equates to losing to LSU. Or how the third best team in the SEC slapped around the second best team in the Big 12...and that the 3rd best team in the SEC was beat pretty soundly by both 'Bama and LSU.

I'm game.

Comment

I found it very interesting to look at the results of the top three Big 12 teams agains Top 25 opponents as compared to the records of the top SEC teams (Alabama, LSU and Arkansas) against Top 25 opponents. The SEC was very strong in this regard, despite the fact they had to keep playing each other. LSU, for example, beat eight (8) top 25 opponents during the regular season. I can't remember anyone else doing that. Alabama had a total of 5 wins against Top 25 teams. Even Arkansas beat four Top 25 teams, beating Kansas State and losing only to Alabama and LSU.

So, the Big 12 goes 10 - 5. The SEC goes 1 7 - 4. And all four of the losses suffered by these top three SEC teams were to the #1 and #2 teams in the country, Alabama and LSU.

Did any other conference perform as well as the SEC against top competition?
                    Last edited by ; 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Based on what? Show me how the top 3 Big 12 teams fared better against premium opponents than the top 3 of the SEC. Or explain to me how OSU barely beating the second best team in the Pac 12 is stronger than LSU walloping the best team in the Pac 12. Or how losing to Iowa State equates to losing to LSU. Or how the third best team in the SEC slapped around the second best team in the Big 12...and that the 3rd best team in the SEC was beat pretty soundly by both 'Bama and LSU.

I'm game.
                      Too be blunt, i could give a **** about conferences..i'm talking individual teams.

Oklahoma State had wins over three currently ranked teams (No. 10 Oklahoma, No. 11 Kansas State, No. 17 Baylor).

Alabama had wins over two currently ranked teams (No. 8 Arkansas, No. 21 Penn State). And Penn State wasn't really that good.

Oklahoma State only played one sister of the poor in their non-conference schedule (Louisiana-Lafayette).

Alabama played three sisters of the poor (Kent State, North Texas, FCS Georgia Southern).

But i'm sure this won't mean anything to you...

Comment

Too be blunt, i could give a **** about conferences..i'm talking individual teams.

Oklahoma State had wins over three currently ranked teams (No. 10 Oklahoma, No. 11 Kansas State, No. 17 Baylor).

Alabama had wins over two currently ranked teams (No. 8 Arkansas, No. 21 Penn State). And Penn State wasn't really that good.

Oklahoma State only played one sister of the poor in their non-conference schedule (Louisiana-Lafayette).

Alabama played three sisters of the poor (Kent State, North Texas, FCS Georgia Southern).

Mith, they completely DOMINATED the consensus #1 team...your refusal to acknowledge this is baffling. Did you watch the game? There is no way that OSU would have dominated them like that. They should not have even won their bowl game so claiming they are the best team is about as ridiculous as saying Rush is the greatest band ever.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yeah, I like to look at individual teams, too. Man, if they could only have beaten that 6-7 Iowa State! Pesky bunch, those Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Mith, they completely DOMINATED the consensus #1 team...your refusal to acknowledge this is baffling. Did you watch the game? There is no way that OSU would have dominated them like that. They should not have even won their bowl game so claiming they are the best team is about as ridiculous as saying Rush is the greatest band ever.
                            i'm talking about BEFORE the BCS game. Yeah after the fact it's easy to say Alabama deserved it... BEFORE the game Alabama already lost to LSU so why get another shot? The difference in the computer rankings between OK State and Alabama was just about nothing..probably based on some knucklehead voting OK State fifth or something..

Based on the way LSU played in the BCS title game, they didn't look like they deserved to play in the game.

Zeppelin is the greatest band ever!!
                            Last edited by Mithrandir; 01-12-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                              Yeah, I like to look at individual teams, too. Man, if they could only have beaten that 6-7 Iowa State! Pesky bunch, those Cyclones.
                              "Playing a day after Oklahoma State women's basketball coach Kurt Budke and three others were killed in a plane crash"....just sayin...

Sure, maybe OK State had a bad loss, but it's just too damn bad we'll never know if they could have beaten LSU or Alabama..hell it'ed be nice to see if Boise State could have beaten LSU or Alabama..but all we can do is argue about it BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ON THE FIELD. That's my gripe with this BCS bullsh!t.

Comment

Working...
                              X