Week 11 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 11 musings...

With Cutler injured, Bears fans, say so long to your chance of advancing deep into the playoffs.

Even with New England's remaining soft schedule, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them get bounced out in the playoffs after one game

After seeing the non-TD grab by Cincy's Jermiane Gresham, something needs to be done to address this Calvin Johnson TD catch rule. Anyone with any common sense, knows that legit TD's are being taken away as a result of this nonsense.

Last year, Philip Rivers had 2 games with 2+ more INT's, he has 7 in 10 starts this year.

That 3rd quarter versus the Bears, sums up the San Diego season, turnovers and bad defense.

Odd to see the Giants near the bottom in rushing.

Why do the Raiders always lead the league in penalties ? This has seemingly been the case for 30 years.

The Jake Locker has begun in Tennessee.

That last drive (9 minute, 19 plays) by Philly was a thing a beauty.

Let's crown them now, Oakland as the AFC West champ.

Thankfully, the US Thanksgiving games are at least decent this year.

Its taken 11 weeks but Dallas is clearly the best in the NFC East (in their 4 losses, only the blowout loss to Philly was bad, the losses to the Jets, New England and Detroit were very winnable games).

Detroit in the 2nd half (when trailing) are deadly.

Has any running back in recent memory fallen as fast as Chris Johnson ?

LeGarrette Blount TD run was a thing of beauty, looked like one of those prime Earl Campbell runs, or just call it bad tackling by Green Bay.

Carolina's defense has absolutely killed them this year. As has the Bills defense in this current losing streak.

Arizona QB, John Skelton played the QB position as bad as humanly possible (9-19, 99 yards and 0 TD's and 3 INT's).

San Fran is the only team that has a chance of beating Green Bay in the NFC playoffs. That being said, I'm waiting for Alex Smtih to revert to his old self at some point, at least temporarily.

Even if Adrian Peterson is healthy, if you are Minnesota, no need to rush him back at all. The Vikings are just playing for draft position at this point.

With all the talk in the pre-season of Maurice Jones-Drew being Mr. Glass, he has been one of the better backs this year.

What's the deal with Green Bay playing 3 games in 11 days this month ?

I'll take BC in the Grep Cup.

The Calvin Johnson Rule wasn't even the worst rule enforced yesterday.

A huge gain by DJax was nullified when he taunted after the play. The Giants had committed a penalty during the play, so they offset and the down was replayed. The rule is written so that this happens regardless of whether one of the fouls is post-play or not.

If the Giants had not committed a penalty on the play, the taunting penalty would have been assessed as a post-play foul, and the Eagles would have had the ball 15 yards back of where DJax went out of bounds.

So the Giants gained about 30 yards of field position because they committed a penalty on the play. That's ridiculous.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      The Calvin Johnson Rule wasn't even the worst rule enforced yesterday.

A huge gain by DJax was nullified when he taunted after the play. The Giants had committed a penalty during the play, so they offset and the down was replayed. The rule is written so that this happens regardless of whether one of the fouls is post-play or not.

If the Giants had not committed a penalty on the play, the taunting penalty would have been assessed as a post-play foul, and the Eagles would have had the ball 15 yards back of where DJax went out of bounds.

So the Giants gained about 30 yards of field position because they committed a penalty on the play. That's ridiculous.
      It was this that prompted my comment "The NFL is a joke" in the week 11 discussion thread.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

re: the Gresham TD/Calvin Johnson rule... I thought once the ball broke the plane, if a catch had been established beforehand, it was a TD? Did he not establish possession, then break the plane for a TD?
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by ESPN
          The New York Giants looked exactly like the New York Jets.

And in this corner of the NFL, there's no greater insult than that.

Comment

At this point, it would not be surprising to see both the Giants and Jets out of the playoffs. One because of a tough schedule, the other because of stinkage.

Agree with Erik regarding the taunting rule. I had thought it was always considered post-play.

Regardless, DJax has to be maddening for Eagle fans.

I don't believe the Jake Locker era has begun, unless Hasselbeck is hurt. He's played too well this year to lose his job now, with Tennessee in the post-season hunt.

Raise your hand if you had Kevin Smith sitting on your bench yesterday. :raiseshand:

Players that are maddening for fantasy owners: Denarius Moore, BJGE, Mario Manningham, Mike Tolbert, any Washington RB, any Denver WR, Santonio Holmes, Greg Olsen, Vernon Davis.

Michael Crabtree is finally emerging as an elite-level WR.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Players that are maddening for fantasy owners: Denarius Moore
              This guy drives me crazy!

He was huge one week a few weeks ago.

Then, when Carson Palmer starts clicking in Week 10, Moore has another huge week, so I'm expecting another big week for Moore in Week 11....and stink!

Gut wrenching!

Luckily in every league that I tried to pick him up last week, he was grabbed by someone else. unk:

Comment

Aaron Rodgers may not be considered one of the greatest QBs in NFL history [yet]. But currently, he is arguably playing the position of QB better than any other player in the history of the NFL.

Comment

Kevin Smith, ladies and gentlemen.

UCF football may suck this season, but one of our boys done good this weekend

Comment

Raise your hand if you had Kevin Smith sitting on your bench yesterday. :raiseshand:
                    :raiseshand:
                    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                    TE: Olsen (NA)
                    K: Lutz (7)
                    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Oh, he is, even before this year.

Epitomizes "million-dollar talent, 10-cent head."

Comment

Alex reverted to old Alex yesterday in that he still has a hard time throwing an accurate lob. There were times when Crabs absolutely owned Peterson but Alex overthrew him. Thankfully the pass to VD on the wheel route showed everyone what Alex could do.

Our defense is one of the best in the league but I'm not sure we even have a fighter's chance of beating Green Bay. Time Warner is freaking garbage because I'll have to stream the Harbowl.

Comment

At this point, it would not be surprising to see both the Giants and Jets out of the playoffs. One because of a tough schedule, the other because of stinkage.

Agree with Erik regarding the taunting rule. I had thought it was always considered post-play.

I don't believe the Jake Locker era has begun, unless Hasselbeck is hurt. He's played too well this year to lose his job now, with Tennessee in the post-season hunt.

Players that are maddening for fantasy owners: Denarius Moore, BJGE, Mario Manningham, Mike Tolbert, any Washington RB, any Denver WR, Santonio Holmes, Greg Olsen, Vernon Davis.

Michael Crabtree is finally emerging as an elite-level WR.
                          Any Denver RB.

The Jets will be getting the Chiefs on a 5 game losing streak, most likely. I would not put any money on it, but I think that is a game to fear.

What is it about November and the Cowboys. Even when the stench blankets three counties, they win.

Counting things beyond control, such as injuries, this season has been the hardest to predict QB play that I have ever encountered.

Tonight we find out why Matt Cassell was a starter.

Are the Colts really this bad? Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie and Joseph Addai all cleared waivers for week 11. At least the Colts did not lose yesterday.

San Diego led the league in defense last season. What that has to do with the game yesterday is unclear.

Who played the Detroit Ddefense yesterday?

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                            Alex reverted to old Alex yesterday in that he still has a hard time throwing an accurate lob. There were times when Crabs absolutely owned Peterson but Alex overthrew him. Thankfully the pass to VD on the wheel route showed everyone what Alex could do.

Our defense is one of the best in the league but I'm not sure we even have a fighter's chance of beating Green Bay. Time Warner is freaking garbage because I'll have to stream the Harbowl.
                            I think you have a fighters chance, especially if Gore stays healthy. Green Bay's defense really struggles with RBs similar to Gore in size and speed.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I think you have a fighters chance, especially if Gore stays healthy. Green Bay's defense really struggles with RBs similar to Gore in size and speed.
                              You're probably right but given that Rodgers is having a historical season and he's got so many damn options, I'm not sure even our vaunted defense would be able to stop them. Our strength is our LBs, then DL, and followed by DBs. Unless we injure Rodgers and two of his options, we'll have to play a T.O.P. game and that's a nerve wracking proposition. If we meet in the NFC Championship game, I'm hoping that field is a swamp. That'll hamper your team's excellent route running somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                              X