Week Six Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Dungy just blamed Swartz for the incident, said you have to "be the bigger man."

Marvin Harrison said both guys were wrong, and pointed out that Swartz is similar to Harbaugh (wait, is he reading my comments here? lol).

Costas claimed that the takeaway that Swartz committed the greater offense.

I don't buy that, but I agree that Swartz arguably overreacted in the moment, and more importantly I think he was too smug in the postgame. You can't say, "Act like you've been there before," when you've never been there before, either...
    Actually, you can act like you've been there, even if you haven't been there. It's essentially a way of conducting yourself, and how you'd like to see others act. IMO, Swartz did the right thing in the postgame...trying to put it aside. Harbaugh was kind of a dick, playing up the "enthusiastic" handshake while conveniently forgetting the smack on the back that actually started the whole thing.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

LOL...observation during Brewer game: the highest scoring St. Louis team today is the Cardinals. Ouch.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Good point on Garrard. Heck, I'd sign him even if he had gained 30 lbs. That'd still keep him abut 50 under JaMarcus, right?
        I just read that the Raiders may be interested in Kyle Orton, and I'm sure the Broncos would want to rid themselves of his contract.

And hey, if the Bengals get some sense, maybe they can pry away a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Carson Palmer??

And Christian Ponder in for Minny.....

Comment

"IMO, Swartz did the right thing in the postgame...trying to put it aside."

Yeah, with snark.

I back Swartz's reaction more than the NBC guys did, but let's not act like he a was post-game diplomat, either. He threw in some line about an 'obscenity,' then wouldn't elaborate while feigning to be above it all.

They both blew it, and if Swartz wants to act like he's been there before he's been there before, then he needs to roll the game tape of his entire NFL career so far.

And these are the two NFL teams I might care the least about, so I don't exactly have a dog in the hunt, lol. I do have a brother-in-law who has been a Lions fan for 40+ years, actually, so if anything I'd lean that way....
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

And we may have just witnessed the last game Donovan McNabb will ever start in the NFL.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Jason Campbell out for the remainder of the season. Tough break, as the Raiders are playing very well.
              That's too bad. Guess who they play next.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

"IMO, Swartz did the right thing in the postgame...trying to put it aside."

Yeah, with snark.

I back Swartz's reaction more than the NBC guys did, but let's not act like he a was post-game diplomat, either. He threw in some line about an 'obscenity,' then wouldn't elaborate while feigning to be above it all.

They both blew it, and if Swartz wants to act like he's been there before he's been there before, then he needs to roll the game tape of his entire NFL career so far.

And these are the two NFL teams I might care the least about, so I don't exactly have a dog in the hunt, lol. I do have a brother-in-law who has been a Lions fan for 40+ years, actually, so if anything I'd lean that way....
                Fine, they both blew it...but up to this point you seemed to have put the entire incident on the back of Schwartz. Did he kick your dog at some point?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Carson Palmer as a Raider would be fantastic. Don't know about a 2nd for him, but a 3rd would probably be okay. Garrard would also be acceptable. Either of the Kyles, Boller or Orton, would be terrible.

Losing Campbell is a pretty big blow to the Raids at this juncture. Bad luck.
                  Donavan McNabb is probably available...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Felix Jones questionable for next week, says "cousin" Jerry.
                    High ankle sprain per Will Carroll @injuryexpert
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Donavan McNabb is probably available...
                      Still twice as good as Rex.

Comment

"Fine, they both blew it...but up to this point you seemed to have put the entire incident on the back of Schwartz."

Uh, let's review some sample comments I made:

"two coaches who don't know how to handle being 5-1, lol"

"Harbaugh at least admitted that he blew it."

"Costas claimed in the takeaway that Swartz committed the greater offense. I don't buy that..."

"I back Swartz's reaction more than the NBC guys did..."

"They both blew it.."

Admittedly, it's only five examples, but you might want to start reading a little more closely

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Raiders "pushing hard" for Carson Palmer trade but Bengals might not be interested...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl..._palmer_101611
                          How spiteful can the Bengals be? They aren't getting anything out of Palmer now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            How spiteful can the Bengals be? They aren't getting anything out of Palmer now.
                            And, with Dalton's emergence, they don't even need him. This is just plain stoopid.

Comment

How bad are the Vikings? Wow. There defense was rated pretty high. Pass rush top notch. The Bears OF line looked like world beaters against them.

Comment

Martz and co. changed their protection schemes because they concluded that the current ones just weren't going to work. In any case, the Vikes' rush as a whole isn't top notch, just Jared Allen.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X