X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite team : Steelers...12-4...win division..Win Super Bowl

Sleeper: WR Antonio Brown

Disappoint: Hines Ward

Defense: It's the Steelers, come on now! I guess it depends on how fantasy league points are awarded in your league as to how valuable the Steelers defense will be. Top 5..maybe top 3?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Defense: It's the Steelers, come on now! I guess it depends on how fantasy league points are awarded in your league as to how valuable the Steelers defense will be. Top 5..maybe top 3?
      We're the Steelers, we can just be bold and turn a blind eye to the major gaping holes in the offensive line and the fact that several other teams have caught up or surpassed us (including the one that beat us in the Super Bowl last year).

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
        We're the Steelers, we can just be bold and turn a blind eye to the major gaping holes in the offensive line and the fact that several other teams have caught up or surpassed us (including the one that beat us in the Super Bowl last year).
        Harrison looks like he is slowing down as well and Polomlu is like glass. I wouldnt take the Steelers being a top D for granted.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Donald Driver & Hines Ward were major disappointments last season. How can Driver disappoint again when he only had 500 yds receiving last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Harrison looks like he is slowing down as well and Polomlu is like glass. I wouldnt take the Steelers being a top D for granted.
            Woodley and Timmons are monsters...Polamalu is always a question mark..their CB's are ok..Defense will still be better than most.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
              Their schedule is seemingly not that difficult. So making the playoffs should be very likely. I never said they were the best team in the league, but i still don't see many teams surpassing them other than the Packers, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Donald Driver & Hines Ward were major disappointments last season. How can Driver disappoint again when he only had 500 yds receiving last year?
                Driver is best left to the waiver wire. If you draft him, he will disappoint you and become one of your first cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  I'm far from a football expect or that much of a follower but I like the Pack and watched a pre season game and they were high on Randall Cobb. He could surprise.
                  So far so good.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Woodley and Timmons are monsters...Polamalu is always a question mark..their CB's are ok..Defense will still be better than most.
                    Ravens did what they wanted on this defense yesterday although the turnovers by the Steelers offense had something to do with it.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                      1. Who is your favorite team, and how will they finish this year?

Vikings. Between 6-8 wins.

2. Who is your team's sleeper?

None. Peterson, McNabb and Harvin will be the entire offense. Although if I had to pick one, TE Kyle Rudolph might eat into Shiancoe's production. On the defensive side DE Brian Robison might be productive since he'll face single teams while Jared Allen gets double-teamed all year.

3. Who will disappoint?

Worst case scenario would be...Harvin's migraine's return and McNabb play falls off a cliff and fast, and Joe Webb/Ponder is under centre by Halloween, with arguably the worst O-line in the league.

4. How would rank the defense (fantasy wise)?

Middle of the pack. CB Cedric Griffin's likely return helps out an already weak secondary. And all the regulars return (Jared Allen, EJ Henderson, Chad Greenway, Antoine Winfield).
                      Time to re-visit...
                      Team was even worse than expected. Pass defense and secondary was god-awful, Ponder was wildly inconsistent, the O-line is dreadful, no #2 receiver after Harvin, TE Kyle Rudolph seemed to emerge somewhat by seasons end, Jared Allen was a beast as usual. Good news, is a top draft pick as a result since this team has a ton of holes (O-line, wide receiver, secondary, and D-line are the most pressing areas).

Comment

BAM!! pretty damn good although they didn't win their division.....Although the Steelers Defense was better in real life than in fantasy,,

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          That may be the diatribe of a Cowboys fan, but at worst the Giants will finish 8-8. They still have one of the best offenses in the NFC, as well as two to three All Pros in their defense.

They also don't have a very tough schedule until the second half of the year. Conceivably, they could go 6-2 or 7-1 before the ledge drops off.

I expect 9-7, I'd love to see 10-6. I wouldn't count them out.
                          The Giants did go 6-2, and finished at 9-7.

If they make the playoffs, it will be because Eli has gotten over his INT hiccups and made the clutch plays. But the defense is the real question mark here.
                          They made the playoffs because Eli cut down on his INTs from 25 to 19, and made the clutch plays. The defense was the major question mark.

Comment

Bernie Brewer did better than me. No surprise there!
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                            X