My very 1st FFB draft tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    So now the guy is asking the commish to void the trade because he forgot about it! I can understand if one of the players involved had gotten injured but come on, how can an owner ask a trade that he proposed to be voided?
    He has no proper bearing for it to be voided IMO because there were no injuries involved... HOWEVER, it's probably slightly off for you to accept it as it stood. Things obviously changed over the course of the weekend, and though he should have pulled the trade, I get why he's upset. If you want to force him to stick with it, you have the right to do so, but it's not cut and dry.

Comment

If he had computer or other availability problems that prevented him from getting to the site to withdraw the offer, that's one thing. But if he just forgot, that's his problem.

However, you also have to consider the long-term ramifications of this. Will it make other owners wary of dealing with you?
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        If he had computer or other availability problems that prevented him from getting to the site to withdraw the offer, that's one thing. But if he just forgot, that's his problem.

However, you also have to consider the long-term ramifications of this. Will it make other owners wary of dealing with you?
        Apparently 7 of the 9 owners the commish contacted said it should be voided. He has been in the league for years so he should have known the deal with the trade, and there is a 48 hour window to give owners the chance to digest any new developments from that week's games. What gets me is the commish is going to make this a new rule so that henceforth such a trade would go through yet this one gets voided. Oy.

As far as dealing with the other owners, I'm the one who is weary already with this group. Apparently they all want a shot at fleecing the new guy so I've received some utterly awful offers. The worst was probably Devery Henderson & Adam Vinitieri (yes he drafted 2 Ks) for Mike Wallace and Jahvid Best.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Mendenhall sucks. i think your fine the way you are. you have Mcgahee right? i suspect Torain gets the washington gig. i wouldn't worry about the trade being voided.

Comment

I don't suspect anything when it comes to Shanny and RBs. The real issue is that Torain has a horrendous history of injury.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

And another beaut from the Mendenhall owner. Mendenhall/S Moss/Clark for McGahee/Fitzgerald/Olsen...this after I already told him specifically, "I'm good". Maybe I need to be more blount, "stop sending my BS offers".
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

The past 2 weeks have been a roller coaster. For some silly reason I listened to the so-called experts out there and benched Schaub for Sanchez 2 weeks ago and it cost me a W. This past week, I benched Hightower for Heyward-Bey even though Hightower was supposedly the starter. For most of Sunday I thought it wasn't going to matter...playing the Mendenhall owner, I was down 35 points when I left for a Blues Festival, with only the Bears D and K left. Lo and behold they put up 38 combined to give me not just the W but the high score for the week (which pays out).

I've made a few moves, some good (picked up DHB and Tebow last week) and some bad (picking up Sanchez, dropping D Murray 2 weeks before Jones gets hurt, doh).

I'm sitting at 4-2 and tied for the lead in my division. Could be 6-0 but so could everyone right?

The lessons I've learned in my 1st 6 weeks (usually the hard way).

1. There is A LOT more misinformation in the NFL than in MLB.
                2. Because of that, the so-called 'experts' are mostly pulling stuff out of their asses. Heed their advice at your own peril.
                3. Don't overthink or try to get clever, go with your best players.
                4. Seemingly insurmountable leads/deficits are just the FFB gods' means of killing us all off more quickly.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

1)Being that you play only 16 games vs 162 games there is a reason for the misinformation. You do what you can to get an advantage.

2)Yup.

3)See 2).

4)Sucks, but it just a game. Nothing I can do change that fact. Just enjoy it.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Somehow I'm 8-3 after winning this week by less than a point (I needed 4.73 points from Henery and Manningham and got 5.4). It was against the commish who vetoed that trade though so that was nice.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                    X