No announcement yet.

My very 1st FFB draft tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the McCoy owner balked, claiming he doesn't have enough depth at RB. So, now I have to decide who to start this week. Guys I currently have starting in bold.

RBs - Best @ TB, Hightower vs. NYG, McGahee vs. OAK (favorable match-up)
    WRs - Wallace @ BAL (tough match-up), Fitzgerald vs. CAR, Manninham (flex) @ WAS, S Johnson @ KC, Burleson @ TB (favorable match-up)
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      So the McCoy owner balked, claiming he doesn't have enough depth at RB. So, now I have to decide who to start this week. Guys I currently have starting in bold.

RBs - Best @ TB, Hightower vs. NYG, McGahee vs. OAK (favorable match-up)
      WRs - Wallace @ BAL (tough match-up), Fitzgerald vs. CAR, Manninham (flex) @ WAS, S Johnson @ KC, Burleson @ TB (favorable match-up)
      Unless Hightower or Best get hurt or Hightower loses a lot of carries you will never start McGahee over them. This week is definitely no exception as Hightower has a nice matchup. Agree with all the bolded choices.

Comment

Well, despite sitting my highest scoring WR (Johnson), I am currently up just over 10 points and he only has Miami's K left. It will be fitting if his K ends up beating me since I had Kaeding, who is probably out for the year after injuring himself on the opening kick-off!

The Mendenhall owner (hyper-trader) has him and Newton on the block. With Schaub's awful week I've proposed him Fitzgerald and McGahee for Mendenhall and Newton.

I plan to pick up Akers or Gould as my K.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

CAR has a decent enough schedule. stay away from week 13 when they play 3 consecutive weeks on the road vs TB. Newton is still a rookie tho. i wonder what the best rookie QB seasons are in order. i normally only trust rookie RB's.

the reason Schaub played regular was it was IND. right? HOU runs the ball vs IND. they need to play teams that will put up some points vs them.

you do have Starks. maybe you should be trading Manningham and something for a lesser RB.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            CAR has a decent enough schedule. stay away from week 13 when they play 3 consecutive weeks on the road vs TB. Newton is still a rookie tho. i wonder what the best rookie QB seasons are in order. i normally only trust rookie RB's.

the reason Schaub played regular was it was IND. right? HOU runs the ball vs IND. they need to play teams that will put up some points vs them.

you do have Starks. maybe you should be trading Manningham and something for a lesser RB.
            I don't plan on benching Schaub yet but figure Newton will be a good back-up and if he is as good as he looked yesterday, he could become my starter at some point.

Yea, I'd definitely rather trade Manningham than Fitz but no one seems that interested in him...his weak 1st week won't help matters.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Well, despite sitting my highest scoring WR (Johnson), I am currently up just over 10 points and he only has Miami's K left. It will be fitting if his K ends up beating me since I had Kaeding, who is probably out for the year after injuring himself on the opening kick-off!

The Mendenhall owner (hyper-trader) has him and Newton on the block. With Schaub's awful week I've proposed him Fitzgerald and McGahee for Mendenhall and Newton.

I plan to pick up Akers or Gould as my K.
              Welcome to Fantasy Football, where you often make what seems ahead of time as the obvious and overwhelmingly right choice just to kick yourself Sunday night.

As for that offer, it's pretty bad. He'd be crazy to accept it.

Comment

Ok, barely held on for a 3 pt victory (despite Kaeding getting hurt on the opening kick-off)! It seems like I have a lot of good match-ups this week, who should I start?

RBs - Best vs KC, Hightower vs. AZ, Starks vs CAR
                WRs - Wallace vs SEA, Fitzgerald @ WAS, Manningham vs STL, S Johnson vs OAK
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Best vs KC, Hightower vs. AZ

Wallace vs SEA, Fitzgerald @ WAS, S Johnson vs OAK.

i think defense is gonna be important. anything better out there than Bears @NO i had PIT last week and just sayin..

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    Best vs KC, Hightower vs. AZ

Wallace vs SEA, Fitzgerald @ WAS, S Johnson vs OAK.

i think defense is gonna be important. anything better out there than Bears @NO i had PIT last week and just sayin..
                    Yea I'm planning to pick up another D this week, either HOU (vs MIA), or one of SF/DAL. Gotta figure Romo's good for a TO or 2.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

I had the 3rd highest score last week but Tony Gonzalez' 2 TDs gave my opponent a 4-pt W.

So, what's the deal with Schaub? He was awful in week 1 and then just mediocre last week. Is he going to get better or did everyone have him ranked too high? I keep getting offers from the Mendenhall owner, his latest was Best & Wallace for Mendenhall & Moss. He was Fitzpatrick, Newton and the Rapist, should I counter with one of them included? The RB I'd offer would probably be Hightower since it appears Helu is going to be getting significant minutes henceforth. So, something like Hightower/Wallace for Mendenhall/Fitzpatrick? I don't really need another WR since I have Fitz/Johnson/Manningham/Burleson.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Re Schaub, Houston has been a running team since last year. He'll get better, but anyone expecting Brady-like numbers from him will be disappointed.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Re Schaub, Houston has been a running team since last year. He'll get better, but anyone expecting Brady-like numbers from him will be disappointed.
                          Well, he finally put up a huge week, which carried my team to a resounding victory and 2nd straight week in the top 3 scorers. Now at 2-1 and ranked #2 (!) in the league's power rankings (not sure how they compute it). Made a few pick-ups this week since I was only carrying 1 QB & TE: Sanchez, Olsen, and Ray Lewis. I'm also fortunate to be in the weakest division so it's starting to look pretty good. Thanks to everyone who's given advice.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I had the second-lowest scoring week in the league...and still won! I beat my opp 86-45 and every other team was in triple digits. This guy started Flacco over Vick (although it wouldn't have changed the outcome). At 1-3, the Vick owner is now on tilt and has Vick on the block. Meanwhile, Schaub had his 3rd sub-par game of the season so I want to go after him. Would Schaub/McGahee for Vick have a chance?

Also, I'm hoping to pull the trigger on this one tomorrow: I get Foster/Plax for Fitzgerald/Hightower. He proposed it last week but I wanted to see Foster play first and hopefully he doesn't yank it last minute on me (we can't make trades once games start so I can't accept until tomorrow).
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Also, I'm hoping to pull the trigger on this one tomorrow: I get Foster/Plax for Fitzgerald/Hightower. He proposed it last week but I wanted to see Foster play first and hopefully he doesn't yank it last minute on me (we can't make trades once games start so I can't accept until tomorrow).
                              Trade accepted!
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Trade accepted!
                                So now the guy is asking the commish to void the trade because he forgot about it! I can understand if one of the players involved had gotten injured but come on, how can an owner ask a trade that he proposed to be voided?
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X