No announcement yet.

The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Pittsburgh Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steelers' WR George Pickens is just begging to be benched with his total lack of effort recently. And head coach Mike Tomlin is just begging to be fired if he doesn't bench Pickens (#14) after his refusal to block on this run play and tackle on this interception because Pickens says he doesn't want to get hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pickens gets dealt for a draft pick during the off-season. Unless they fire Tomlin first.
    Last edited by madducks; 12-20-2023, 04:08 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rudolph saves Christmas in Pittsburgh.

Last edited by madducks; 01-07-2024, 04:40 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And Pickens just bought himself some more time in Pittsburgh with his big game tonight. I guess it wouldn't be Steelers football without a disgruntled wide receiver on the team.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Steelers back into the playoffs with the Jaguars loss today.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Rudolph saves Christmas in Pittsburgh.
            Rudolph is now 3-0 as the starting QB.
            Last edited by madducks; 01-07-2024, 07:42 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

TJ Watt is the first player to lead the NFL in sacks three times.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has informed the team he will return for an 18th season in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin abruptly left a postgame news conference midway through a question about his contract status following the Steelers' playoff loss on Monday.​

Tomlin has one year remaining on his contract.
                Last edited by madducks; 01-16-2024, 06:11 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Steelers hire recently fired Falcons head coach Arthur Smith to be their new offensive coordinator.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Steelers are not interested in signing or otherwise acquiring a quarterback that will demand to be the team’s starter according to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The Steelers have publicly committed to giving Kenny Pickett another shot as the team’s starting quarterback, though head coach Mike Tomlin promised that he will face competition for the role.​ Whether or not Mason Rudolph will be a part of that competition remains to be seen. Rudolph, who went 3-0 as a starter at the end of the regular season, is currently a free agent.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Russelll Wilson will be the Steelers fourth starting quarterback in three years. So much for the franchise that prides itself on consistency.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Diontae Johnson was starting to become a distraction in the Steelers locker room with his outspoken opinions on everything from personnel decisions to play calling. The last thing the Steelers want is another AB type of situation. So, they traded him before things got out of control.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Four quarterback transactions in four days:

March 13: The Steelers sign over-the-hill QB Russell Wilson.
                          March 13: The Steelers most recent starting QB Mason Rudolph signs with the Titans.
                          March 15: The Steelers QB of the future Kenny Pickett gets traded to the Eagles.
                          March 16: The Steelers trade for QB Justin Fields.

Stop this ride....I want off.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Four quarterback transactions in four days:

March 13: The Steelers sign over-the-hill QB Russell Wilson.
                            March 13: The Steelers most recent starting QB Mason Rudolph signs with the Titans.
                            March 15: The Steelers QB of the future Kenny Pickett gets traded to the Eagles.
                            March 16: The Steelers trade for QB Justin Fields.

Stop this ride....I want off.
                            Going from Kenny "Small Hands" Pickett to Fields & Wilson seems like a major upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Going from Kenny "Small Hands" Pickett to Fields & Wilson seems like a major upgrade
                              Maybe it's my homerism with Pickett being a Pitt grad. Maybe it's because I still remember Kordell "Slash" Stewart fading so quickly. But, I prefer having a "pocket passer" to a "running quarterback". Wilson is past his prime, so I'm not holding my breath that he has more than one more good year left. Fields is still young enough to be an exciting quarterback with the right supporting cast. But, when he gets older and can no longer run, he will likely just be a mediocre quarterback.

And if Wilson does have a good year, he is going to want big money in 2025. Hopefully, the Steelers will treat Wilson as a rental and make Fields their guy.

I was hoping for a QB that could be productive for the next 10 years. Wilson is not that guy. But I thought Pickett could take over in 2025. I still think he was the victim of a very bad offensive coordinator. Fields could be that guy who sticks around for 10 years if his passing game improves to the point where he doesn't have to rely on his legs as he gets older.

BTW: Pickett was reportedly furious about the Wilson signing and lashed out at the Steelers front office minutes after the deal was announced and demanded to be traded.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe it's my homerism with Pickett being a Pitt grad. Maybe it's because I still remember Kordell "Slash" Stewart fading so quickly. But, I prefer having a "pocket passer" to a "running quarterback". Wilson is past his prime, so I'm not holding my breath that he has more than one more good year left. Fields is still young enough to be an exciting quarterback with the right supporting cast. But, when he gets older and can no longer run, he will likely just be a mediocre quarterback.

And if Wilson does have a good year, he is going to want big money in 2025. Hopefully, the Steelers will treat Wilson as a rental and make Fields their guy.

I was hoping for a QB that could be productive for the next 10 years. Wilson is not that guy. But I thought Pickett could take over in 2025. I still think he was the victim of a very bad offensive coordinator. Fields could be that guy who sticks around for 10 years if his passing game improves to the point where he doesn't have to rely on his legs as he gets older.

BTW: Pickett was reportedly furious about the Wilson signing and lashed out at the Steelers front office minutes after the deal was announced and demanded to be traded.
                                By all indications Pickett is confirmed to be a diva.

I hope he grows some humility holding down that bench in Philly.

Comment

Working...
                                X