Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Pittsburgh Steelers

The Kenny Pickett era begins.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Nice.

We should have one of these for all the teams that are more HISTORIC than the Bears. So, 20 threads.

Comment

None of Kenny Pickett's passes touched the ground. Now, he just has to stop throwing about 25% of them to the people in the wrong jerseys.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        None of Kenny Pickett's passes touched the ground. Now, he just has to stop throwing about 25% of them to the people in the wrong jerseys.
        Or stop getting those passes tipped.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If the Bengals make an extra point at the end of regulation during week 1, the Steelers are 0-4. But, Minkah Fitzpatrick...

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Steelers defensive MVP T.J. Watt (pectoral, injured reserve) underwent a knee scope.

Watt was already on injured reserve because of a torn pectoral muscle. This surgery was to clean up a preseason knee injury (caused by a cheap shot). There was a chance Watt would be back at the end of October when he was just dealing with the pectoral injury, but this surgery will likely delay his return a couple of weeks.

That's one way to keep the team from rushing you back onto the field.

Here's the cheap shot from Lions TE T.J. Hockenson that caused the injury in the final pre-season game:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think Steelers OC Matt Canada is going to be fired very soon. Perhaps as soon as this week. He definitely needs to be gone before the week 9 bye.
              Last edited by madducks; 10-10-2022, 06:47 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

TJ Watt is expected to return after the bye week on Nov 13 against New Orleans, according to team sources.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Steelers finally beat Tom Brady and limit him to one TD despite playing without 4 of their top 5 defensive backs and defensive player of the year T.J. Watt. Its always fun to see a pissed off Tom Brady screaming at his teammates on the sidelines.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Steelers are reportedly listening to offers for WR Chase Claypool. I'm hoping that listening is all they do.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Don't be surprised if Najee Harris gets benched for Jaylen Warren in week 10. Harris today on 3rd down, decided to try out some new dance moves after catching a screen pass with first down within easy reach and ended up with no yards after the catch resulting in 4th and 2. Warren, despite his limited role, has looked like the better running back for most of the season.

And OC Matt Canada should just start packing his bags right now.

TJ Watt is expected back in two weeks. So that should help the defense a lot. The offense needs a running back that they can count on (Warren?) and offensive lineman that can stop holding. I think that Pickett and the receiving corps. will continue to get better. No 2-6 team has ever gone on to make the NFL playoffs before. That 17th game isn't the only thing making this Steelers season longer than usual.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Supposedly, Chase Claypool was starting to become vocal about his dislike for Steelers OC Matt Canada's play calling. And that was a major reason why he was dealt.

Also, regarding Matt Canada potentially being fired. It won't happen until after the season because Canada was allowed to hire his own people as offensive coaches and they are loyal enough to him that they would likely quit if Canada were fired. And the Steelers don't want to be forced into replacing multiple coaches during the middle of the season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

On the day they activated linebacker T.J Watt from injured reserve, the Steelers lost Pro Bowl safety Minkah Fitzpatrick for multiple weeks when he was forced to undergo an emergency appendectomy after their walk-through practice Saturday.

The Steelers also placed kicker Chris Boswell on IR with a right groin injury.

Boswell didn't play in the previous game against the Eagles, and the Steelers signed Nick Sciba, a rookie undrafted free agent who spent training camp with the team, the day before the game to handle kicking duties. Sciba hit both field goals and converted an extra point against the Eagles, but the Steelers released him after the bye week. In his place, the team signed kicker Matthew Wright off the Chiefs' practice squad. Wright kicked a Chiefs' record 59 yard field goal against the Raiders last month.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

With no injury designation on the Pittsburgh Steelers' final injury report, Pro Bowl safety Minkah Fitzpatrick is set to play against the Cincinnati Bengals a week after undergoing an appendectomy.

That is just insane. C'mon man take another week or two off. Seriously. And it's not like the Steelers are fighting for a playoff spot or anything.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X