Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Chicago Bears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    The Falcons have now signed 6 members of last year’s Bears roster this offseason:

DT Eddie Goldman
    RB Damien Williams
    OL Germain Ifedi
    WR Damiere Byrd
    OL Elijah Wilkinson
    DB Teez Tabor

Ryan Pace has a clear influence on the roster in his front office role in Atlanta.
    Sorry Falcons fans.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    The Falcons have now signed 6 members of last year’s Bears roster this offseason:

DT Eddie Goldman
    RB Damien Williams
    OL Germain Ifedi
    WR Damiere Byrd
    OL Elijah Wilkinson
    DB Teez Tabor

Ryan Pace has a clear influence on the roster in his front office role in Atlanta.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied

Love this photo!!

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    The Chicago Bears made a splash in free agency with the addition of defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi, who’s signing a three-year deal worth $40.5 million.

With the transition to a 4-3 defense, the Bears have locked down a dominant 3-technique in Ogunjobi, who was a big part of the Bengals’ Super Bowl run last year.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    This might take on a much different meaning if what I am reading is half true.

It looks like Efu just might be bringing in some very good reinforcements to rebuild the HISTORIC franchise to glory.

I haven't had this much football hope since Mack got here and we were 12-4.
    I forgot, offseason means fans drinking up all the Kool Aid - stay hydrated!

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    They definitely Bears'd it up
    This might take on a much different meaning if what I am reading is half true.

It looks like Efu just might be bringing in some very good reinforcements to rebuild the HISTORIC franchise to glory.

I haven't had this much football hope since Mack got here and we were 12-4.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Have we Eberflused this coaching search?
    They definitely Bears'd it up

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    It's Matt Eberflus.
    Have we Eberflused this coaching search?

I hope he is better than expectations.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Ryan Poles is the new Bears GM. So far it seems people are well pleased with the hire. I do not know that much about him so I have to wait and see.

He is now in the HC interview process. Did one yesterday with two more coming today. I am not to keen on these three. I hope Poles brings in a few more.
    It's Matt Eberflus.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    According to 670 The Score’s Matt Spiegel, the Bears are looking to hire a GM before a head coach, which was the aim from the beginning. Perhaps the more interesting nugget is the new GM is expected to be heavily involved in choosing the next head coach, including the finalists.
    Ryan Poles is the new Bears GM. So far it seems people are well pleased with the hire. I do not know that much about him so I have to wait and see.

He is now in the HC interview process. Did one yesterday with two more coming today. I am not to keen on these three. I hope Poles brings in a few more.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    According to 670 The Score’s Matt Spiegel, the Bears are looking to hire a GM before a head coach, which was the aim from the beginning. Perhaps the more interesting nugget is the new GM is expected to be heavily involved in choosing the next head coach, including the finalists.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Perfect! r.mckenzie sounds like a great fit for the HISTORIC bears.
    No, no he doesn't.

It would make sense to me if the Bears promoted Champ Kelly to GM. Bears ownership would already know or at least have an idea who Champ would like as coach. And he would not have to be in the interview process.

If ownership is leaning this way it wouldn't matter if they announced the new HC before GM.

I am not saying I agree with this, just something that I could see happening.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    They're talking to Reggie McKenzie, for one. Nice guy but I wouldn't want him as my GM.
    Perfect! r.mckenzie sounds like a great fit for the HISTORIC bears.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    The Bears are talking to almost everyone with a pulse for their GM and Coach positions. They are being very public (damage control) about the candidates.

I do not remember this transparency or volume when they hired Pace and then Nagy.

They are saying that the GM will operate as the top position for all football activities and yet are open to hiring a coach before the GM if needed.
    They're talking to Reggie McKenzie, for one. Nice guy but I wouldn't want him as my GM.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    The Bears are talking to almost everyone with a pulse for their GM and Coach positions. They are being very public (damage control) about the candidates.

I do not remember this transparency or volume when they hired Pace and then Nagy.

They are saying that the GM will operate as the top position for all football activities and yet are open to hiring a coach before the GM if needed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X